• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

mine has held up for two seasons of heavy tournament and rec play no problems. i owned the first run and these were the crap bags that you are thinking of. Justin took care of me and honored the lifetime warranty no question. If you want one I cannot recommend them enough.

How has the quality been for this last run of them? I would like to invest in one, but don't really want to get a crooked or poorly stitched bag.
I just picked up a clay bag (recieved about a week ago). After some of the posts I went over it looking for any issues and I have found none. Even the side pannels were nice and straight. I also bought two standard black ones back in May for a couple family members and they were also just fine. Both have had no issues at all and they play a ton of disc golf (3 to 4 times a week) and these are two people who beat the snot out of there things.

lol! Only if you let me win or spot me five strokes when we play some rounds :)

Really that's all it takes!! Count me in too. You can have a lifetime 7.5 stroke/round, double on holidays! :)

Right? I'm in!

Rescue, do you play Skyline usually, or elsewhere? I play Crane Creek when I go visit the fam. Not the most challenging, but it's still fun.

I just got mine in the mail today and played a round with it in the rain and the rain cover worked great. LOVE IT!!!!

Right? I'm in!

Rescue, do you play Skyline usually, or elsewhere? I play Crane Creek when I go visit the fam. Not the most challenging, but it's still fun.
Sounds crazy, but I mainly play Golden Gate Park (45 min). I've played Skyline several times, but that course just kills me. Dang "Napa Rollers!" I've only played Crane Creek twice. It's a cool course to practice the short game, but drive time for me is almost the same as GGP.Have you tried out Petaluma since they changed the couse? it's kind of fun to play. Well except for all the goose poo!
Other than that, my girlfriend works up in Sacramento. So I tend to play up there quite a bit too. Man, I'm just waiting for the UFO's to put a course in at Maxwell Park (Sonoma), but that's been in the talking phase for years. With all those canopy oaks, that could be a sick course if set up right.

I emailed grip to ask about the frame bending in on the sides. He explained what he could in the email and offered to call me to discuss it further. After flipping my frame sides the bag was way better the way it sits etc. Grip was clear on how it is supposed to be, Hopefully i can get more answers soon enough and i will share what i discover. He responded in less than a day now that is some customer service! we will see how the rest goes.

after poking around in this bag it is very very well thought out. I am hoping that this frame issue is not something that will continue to be an issue.

Last edited:
I just got one from someone locally who upgraded to the blue one.
this bag is awesome, feels like nothing on my back.

Super pleased with it.

Well I guess those Coal with highlight bags are it, kind of a disappointment, but I'm happy because my Camo bag should be here today :rolleyes:

After looking at them the coal/black one is pretty bad a$$...but im happen enough with my all black one that I wont be dropping $260 on one of these. Interested to see one in person or in other pics...someone get on ordering one of these!:popcorn:

kinda lame how all three new ones are the same base color, I'm sure they considered that it would be cheaper to make a bunch of bags with all the same color material and just change the stitching. I don't feel like these SE's are as unique as the previous colors.

I'll just buy a neon green sharpie for $1 and Customize it myself. Now a whole neon green bag, thatd id pay for!