• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

I received a Grip EQ bag for Christmas. Although it's only bee a few weeks, I LOVE IT I can store all the discs, putters, and mini's I had in my previous bag (Innova's Competition setup with back saver straps). All that and there's room for the other "player amenities" i.e. Drinks, pencils, scorecards, snacks, rule book, bag tags, stool, umbrella, and hand warmers (I live in WI and occasionally its a little chilly outside LOL). Having the putters up top in the "quiver pocket" is a nice perk. Also, I like that the lanyard for bag tags is tucked into a pocket so they aren't annoyingly distracting. The way the bag rides higher on my back is a welcome change to having my bag constantly bumping my hips/lower back. All in all, even if it was a gift, it was money well spent, in my opinion.

Inside a pocket, lol. But really, there isn't a real "good" spot for it. Some people unzip the front pocket where the key clip is and use that.

That is where I keep mine. Clip it to the key/bag tag hook and store it in the pocket. I leave the pocket unzipped for easy retrieval and storage since the towel would sit on the ground when the bag was placed down and that would drive me nuts.

I only use the towel to wipe a disc off when putting it in the bag so the location is perfect. If I was using a towel for my hands I would clip an additional one on a belt loop.

Sweaty Back Syndrome

Im about readdy to get a new grip bag BUT, I have one concern that i have not seen anyone talk about yet.

Does anyone have any issues with "" Sweaty Back Syndrome?"

With the grip riding on your back like a regular backpack as oppesed to the other style where it rides lower and leaves the majority of your back open, im wondering if the grip causes a sweaty back?

For towels, I put snaps onto microfiber towels and use the rain cover snaps. Works well, except when you need to have the rain cover on.

For towels, I put snaps onto microfiber towels and use the rain cover snaps. Works well, except when you need to have the rain cover on.

If you did a male/female double sided snap on the towl instead of a female/cover, then you could attach the rainfly right onto your towel snap and never have to take the towel off.

Im about readdy to get a new grip bag BUT, I have one concern that i have not seen anyone talk about yet.

Does anyone have any issues with "" Sweaty Back Syndrome?"

With the grip riding on your back like a regular backpack as oppesed to the other style where it rides lower and leaves the majority of your back open, im wondering if the grip causes a sweaty back?

Nope. Rides real comfortable on the back and there is some venting that allows air flow.

My bigger towels have a grommet in them that I can attach to the bag with a shower curtain hook (see upper right in photo). The hook is attached to the bag through the hole in the zipper pull for the putter pocket. I mainly use that towel as a first wipe to take off mud, so if it drags on the ground that's OK. I could also tuck it into the drink holder if I wanted.

dsc8247b.jpg

Anyone have any idea about what the "something new" might be with the next batch of bags? Also, how likely is it that they've updated the bag itself? Different colors?

Different colors would be neat. Other than that, their bags are pretty solid. Only thing I could say I would like is a putter pocket that would hold 3 putters comfortably.

Anyone have any idea about what the "something new" might be with the next batch of bags? Also, how likely is it that they've updated the bag itself? Different colors?

I don't know anything more than the next person but if you look at the name of the picture on their press release it is McBeth(1).jpg.

What could this be?

With all the info i gleaned from different sources me thinks a usa inspired grip bag
As long as it's not really tacky looking, it could be really cool. If only because black and black/grey is getting a little tired.

Now, a real question for all you Grip owners: what do you guys do with your jackets when you want to take them off? A friend of mine said the Grip doesn't have room for it (like the Ranger does). Clip it on to something:|? Just carry it :\? Wear a small enough jacket to fit it into one of the side pockets :)?