• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guy with Hatchet is Ruining our local courses..SMH

Pics, police. In that order.

this

its destruction of city property, has to at least be ticket able right?

most clubs need waivers and whatnot to do 'maintenance' so surely he doesnt have permission and the city needs to know its not the club doing it

Probably falls under having a weapon on county/city property as well. Which depending on your local ordinances could be a steep fine or even jail time.

So I'm not the only one that thought this was a Westside disc thread...
I throw RHBH and aways carry my red VIP hatchet for doglegs to the right.

That's a horrible idea. Cops have firearms you know, and they're prone to use them when they think they're dealing with a weapon wielding drug addict. while I do agree this guy is an ******* I would argue the guy that intentionally misleads the cops and gets someone killed is an even bigger *******.

I never would have thought that StevenSeagal would be such a pansy. Oh wait....

guitar-hero_o_841088.jpg

That's funny this thread popped up, I was considering doing some mantainence work on my local course and I have a weed wacker with only a 20-30 min battery life cuz I don't need more then that on my land. I was considering taking a machete just to chop up sticker bushes but I don't wanna freak anyone out cuz let's face it you don't wanna see a random person with a hatchet or a machete. I was gonna go during early morning hours on a weekday so no one would be around and I'm planning to clean up a soon to be overgrown hole.

I'm definitely going with a weed wacker cuz it needs work but what you guys think about the machete, I don't wanna be that guy that freaks people out lol.

Couldn't edit my 1st post....

FYI: This course is on neighborhood land so it's not like there is a team of dudes working on the coarse like a state/county park, there's like 1 guy that I know of with a lil support from county workers. I feel like I play the coarse more then anyone so why not put in some work on it. Defiintely don't wanna freak anyone out or get the cops called on me lol.

You probably did the right thing. I for one would have thrown Rocs at him. I have four, probably would have hit him with at least one hard enough that he couldnt Escape. I wonder if there is any Truth behind this story though. Do you have any Evidence to back your story up? Any Witnesses? You'll need it if you want to bring your claims to the Warden. That is if you want to seek legal Justice for what he did.

I would Breakout the Force against this Villain, and with one Surge of Inertia, I would Catapult my balled fist right to this Wahoo's Orbital, to take away his Vision. He would be in a World of Pain after the Torrent, presumably in Shock. This is what being a Renegade with a Hatchet will get you, Pure and simple. Don't let me Witness it.

Well done gentlemen...........:hfive:

That's funny this thread popped up, I was considering doing some mantainence work on my local course and I have a weed wacker with only a 20-30 min battery life cuz I don't need more then that on my land. I was considering taking a machete just to chop up sticker bushes but I don't wanna freak anyone out cuz let's face it you don't wanna see a random person with a hatchet or a machete. I was gonna go during early morning hours on a weekday so no one would be around and I'm planning to clean up a soon to be overgrown hole.

I'm definitely going with a weed wacker cuz it needs work but what you guys think about the machete, I don't wanna be that guy that freaks people out lol.

Going at it with a weed wacker is likely breaking the law.

You don't have any more right to "fix" the course with your weed wacker than the guy in the OP had to "fix" the course with his hatchet.

Get permission from the landowner (AND the local club) before doing anything.

We have two older gentleman (both retired) who take care of the course I call home. They bring machetes all the time to hack stuff up. They had to take a training class with the city's "official" arborist but now they basically rule the roost when it comes to landscaping. Cops have asked them a few times, but once everything is explained, the cops are cool with it.

The thing is it's in a neighborhood, where would the club be? How would I find out? The land owner is the county, no clue about any of that. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump thru to clean up 1 hole.

I guess I'll just talk with the dude that I see taking care of the place, pretty lame you gotta worry about breaking a law to do some damn landscaping. Ugh, laws and the ****boys who make them necessary.... so annoying lol.

Last edited:
The thing is it's in a neighborhood, where would the club be? How would I find out? The land owner is the county, no clue about any of that. Seems like a lot of hoops to jump thru to clean up 1 hole.
The county has to have a parks and rec department who authorized the course to go in. That would be the best place to start.

K, well I'm glad I found this thread and got some feedback. I don't wanna go around breaking laws I didn't know existed lol. Have a nice day guys!! :D

I hate to think we're to the point where we're afraid to call the police. If you call the police, say the guy is vandalizing public property with a hatchet, you've done your job.

I'm not saying you shouldn't call the cops and report the guy. My point is in the situation described its completely irresponsible to present the situation to law enforcement as a crazy or random guy in public wielding a weapon. It's obvious the guy was a disc golfer and wasn't a threat to anyone other than a couple branches. You can still call the cops on the man and report the crime you know that he is actually committing, instead of LYING to law enforcement and potentially creating a real dangerous situation.

K, well I'm glad I found this thread and got some feedback. I don't wanna go around breaking laws I didn't know existed lol. Have a nice day guys!! :D

Good rule of thumb in general is that if your name isn't on the deed, you shouldn't be altering the property at all without permission.

In your scenario, the only person who would be getting somebody killed is the weapon wielding drug addict. If the cops say drop the weapon and dude doesn't, you can't blame the person who called the cops.

My hypothetical scenario is no different than what the OP described and by that I mean there is no weapon wielding drug addict.