• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

Hey, that's so funny, small world after all, thanks for posting. Yeah, I'm more of a rec player, never tried any tourneys or leagues so I don't know the regulars.

That cart is *hot*. Now there is a reason to pull something right there. Really, does he take orders? I will admit, I still probably couldn't be bothered, but for those long Sunday afternoon sessions in the summer where copious refreshments are involved that thing'd rock.

K.

The league here has been growing nicely over the last few years and is a great place to meet some other local players. There's players of all skill levels in the league and you play against your own handicap so you've always got a chance to cash. The league just wrapped up for the year last tuesday, but there's usually a few random doubles games that happen throughout the week, the biggest being Sundays at 1:00 at Forest Lawn.

Some talk of getting a regular night golf game going lately as well and there's a handful of us that play all year long. A new club is underway as well so hopefully we'll get some progress on new courses very soon. Check out albertadiscgolf.com if you haven't already. It's not a super active forum, but it always has up to date info. If you can, hit up the ace race event as it's always a blast.

Hehe, yeah. I was at AM worlds and this one guy had a cart and his girlfriend was his caddy (make sense?) so she was pushing the cart. Problem was the course was through some woods, water, and hills so the cart became a bother real quick. However he did have two umbrellas, two camping chairs, bugspray, towels, a cooler, and a bunch of other stuff. Kinda cool, kinda not.

11633_192153410931_583950931_4306582_1988706_n.jpg

I'm hatin'. I would laugh at anyone I saw lugging some Ikea furniture around the course. Seriously guys, how ill-designed are yall's courses where as a cooler in the trunk in the car can't suffice?

"I need an ice cold beverage, and I need it NOW!!!!!!!!"
F*cks sake.

This is subjective, I realize we all have our opinions and reasons why we like argyle socks.

You're not rippin' on argyles, are you? :|

'Cuz that's where I draw the line. :|

;) :rolleyes: :cool:

Why is it I see the inspiration for a "Real Men of Genius" commercial coming out of this thread?

Kumbaya, kumbaya...

I thought carts were foolish till I saw that one. G&T for you? One lime or two? Say's the disc sender, argyle wearer, hater...

I like my G&T's neat, please. :)

Edit: reooraghabalkroar!

I personally don't use them. But I imagine they are very nice to have when a huge tourney drags out for like 14 hours. The last tourney at City Park had quite a few rolling around. I enjoy seeing the different touches and additions people have on theirs.

The only time I've seen someone with a roller type bag was at Grand Woods Park in Lansing.... *very long rest of the story omitted*

if the tube was black or blue (i think), i've seen this guy at the st. louis open.

was he wearing a cowboy hat?

Yeah, that's Spaz. You really don't want to be behind him, he doesn't like to let people play through, and as you're sitting there waiting he'll tell you about all his "aces" on that course (he empties his bins on the shorter holes every time I've seen him play, the one day he was letting people play through because he sat on the easiest hole on the course for over an hour shooting for an ace).

At which course does this idiot play and specifically when does he play? I live in Madison, and I'd LOVE to make a trip down there and have him tell me that I cannot play through as he unloads his bin of discs. I don't care if he or anyone uses a cart (to each their own), but I cannot stand giant douchebags like this guy ruining a day for others.

thumbs up for the push cart

I bought one a couple years ago when I had some back problems. I just wanted to be able to play without carrying a bag. I have the Innova standard bag, but feel unbalanced with just the one strap.

I liked the cart because of the extra storage space & umbrella holder but it was a pain on courses with lots of hills. It was also more of a chore in mud or snow.

Now I use the revo backpack with 14 discs but I like having the option of the cart for a long tourney. :thmbup:

spaz is harmless. he can be a funny guy and his bark is much bigger than his bite. the nickname is well earned. he also has a ton of discs for sale.

Latest posts