• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Had my doubts but it turned out AWESOME!!

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Okay, so what about those discs that you first thought >meh< but once you tried it, you just couldn't stop throwing it!

For me, it was the Coyote - didn't seem like much at first but once I threw it I knew it was my go-to mid and would always have a place in my bag. :)

Yours?

For me it was the Z Nuke, i got one in a players pack and was like hmm..lets see what i can do with this. I was pretty impressed on the first throw. It stays in the bag now for some of those long bomb shots

Buzzz... I had never thrown one until I got one at a tourey as a prize. Now I LOVE THEM. haha. One of the best discs ever IMO.

Comet for me. I picked it up at the local shop and hated the feel of how deep it was. A year later I decided to give it a try in my efforts to disc down. WOW just WOW.

gazelle. cant stand the pro and dx...when someone suggested i try a champ glo, i scoffed. turns out its a COMPLETELY different disc. its the bees knees for laser line drives where my mids would take a lot more juice (and where i would, in turn, sacrifice accuracy) to get there.

I would have to say my Buzzz is my favorite go to disc. For the first 2 years of playing I always used my Leopard as my mid-range. But I asked my mentor, Apothecary what I should pick up one day and he said a buzz, so i did. Not a round goes by where it is not used......

I would have to say leopard. I have had one in my bag since I started. The only disc left that has been outted.

Putter - JK Aviar, I got one off ebay and I didn't know what to expect. After having all firmer putter before it was tough to get used to, but now I won't go back to a firmer putter. Love my Jk Aviars and SSS Wizards.

Midrange - Buzzz, got one on here and during the first couple weeks with it I didn't realize all I could do with it. Now I use it more than any other disc.

Driver - Champ Boss, like a lot of other noodle arms I got one just to see what speed 13 was like, unfortunately I couldn't handle it. I put it away for awhile. Then I got the idea to use it as an OH disc and it is perfect.

Putter - Ridge

Mid - Roc first, then comet (both changed my game)

Driver - a long time ago I love the teerex. but I guess they've been re-tooled since...

Wraith. I found one in the woods when I first started playing and have been hooked ever since. It just fits perfectly into my hand. Now own 5 of them in different plastics.

I'd say its a Cyclone. I quickly outgrew my Wham-O starter set and went on line and armed with almost no clue whatsoever I bought a mess of discs. A Cyclone was one of them. Real pretty flourescent yellow and hot pink X tie dye. My gf wanted it so it spent a year in her bag. I tried it a sporadically over the past few years but almost anything else, especially a Leopard, worked better for me. So this past fall I traded it. Fast Forward to this past year's Ace Race. Angie won the event and in the shwag was an ESP Cyclone. She didn't care for it, so I gave it another shot. Now its my go to fairway disc.

Love the Cyclone!

Wraith. I found one in the woods when I first started playing and have been hooked ever since. It just fits perfectly into my hand. Now own 5 of them in different plastics.

I also found a beat Pro Wraith in the woods, I had been playing most of my life and had no interest in throwing them. I was happy with my TeeBirds and Orion LS's. But I threw the one I found just to see and it was like finding gold--- now it is my go to driver.

I also bought a Star Cro only because it was a natural beauty. (I know, I know...) but I was at my in-laws and bored and all I had with me that day was that disc so I went out in their back yard and threw it around. Now it is my go to mid, it eventually replaced my Roc.

SSS VooDoo. Feels like it was made specifically for my hand. Great for driving, approaches and putting. Finishes left but can hold a complete anny line. I love it and it has revolutionized my putting.