• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Haiti Mission Trip

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Most of you know that I have been collecting discs and raising money for a mission trip to Haiti for over two years now. Well I finally went this past week after a bunch of setbacks and had a great time. I went down with close to 300 discs and 4 Innova Traveler baskets. While in Haiti I was able to design and install a course on the compound. In between all of these activities we built a temporary wall in the orphanage, built a swing set, moved a massive rock pile and flattened out ground by the swing set. We also did a lot of landscaping at the orphanage and painted some of the clinic as well as more landscaping at the mission compound.
My original reason for going down was to wire the orphanage and school. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances that wasn't able to happen. We did however do a lot of work in making the orphanage safer for the children there and got to spend a lot of time getting to know the kids. All I can say is I can't wait to go back. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away.
Pictures are in the photobucket link below.

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/trentonrock/Haiti Trip 2012/?start=all

I would like to thank everyone one here who donated and the following for their contributions.

Above All Ministry
Open Door Haiti
Athens DG Club
Marshall Street
Maple Hill
Vibram
TM Dyer
Innova

Trent, may Kharma send some good vibes your way for making differences in peoples' lives! :thmbup:

i wish i would have been on this site sooner so i could have sent you some plastic to take! that was a really cool thing you did. i just know those kids are having a blast with their discs.

Awesome man!! And a lot of cool pics too. Glad to see you took the time to get your hair did! lol.

Stranger things have happened...

You never know, maybe one day we'll be coveting a 2x "some Haition dude's disc," and we'll have Trent to thank for it. As quoted in Disc Golfer: "I got my start playing on a little 4 hole course with portable baskets and donated discs, and I was hooked."

You never know, maybe one day we'll be coveting a 2x "some Haition dude's disc," and we'll have Trent to thank for it. As quoted in Disc Golfer: "I got my start playing on a little 4 hole course with portable baskets and donated discs, and I was hooked."
i could see it happening. they have more time then we do i would assume, and the drive to have fun.