• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Harp - Kannel

I was testing my hard 175 Harp vs. pro-d 171 Zone for overstable approaches. The harp started off without any turn and more LSS than my starting to clover (concave) pro-d zone. The pro-d zone's soft pro-d works well for hit and stick upshots and the hard Harp was killing any wind ending 10-15% shorter and well left of the zone for the first couple weeks.

However, a couple decent tree hits and the hard Harp, which only shows minor bruising, is now a couple full ticks less LSS than the pro-d zone. The Harp looks the same as it did when I would need a flex line to cover the same lines as the Zone but after Friday's short game field work session, it quickly worked into a stable straight driving putter... until that next big tree hit I guess when it'll morph into a turnover:\

I still like the Harp's flat top and the feel of the hard but my hard Judges held their stability longer... must be the judge's huge bead. Hopefully the Harp's seasoning will slow and I'll be able to use it for stable straight drives that I currently cycle fresh hard judges for.

I've been using a medium Harp for about a month now and I'm pretty sure Westside/Lat figured out how to add performance enhancing drugs to a disc. I was really just looking for an overstable approach disc for windy days when my KC Aviar would turn over, but I find myself pulling this disc out on all sorts of approach shots and it always finds its way to the basket. It only seems to bounce or skip closer to the basket and never away from it when it lands close. Or, it just lands in the basket from 100'+ out.

Or, it just lands in the basket from 100'+ out.
Did just that yesterday in a two day event. Sky hysered from behind a huge bush right in to the chains and of course it sticked. :clap:

But anyway, my soft Harps have held their stability really well eventhough they lose their shape in a week or so. The rough look of the disc just makes you love it even more.

Great disc. I got a BT Hard 175g and was putting, approaching, and driving with it. The plastic does best up easy though, but I wasn't losing stability.

Overall, it isn't as OS as my ESP Zone but I like it better for approaching and driving. But, my Zone is crazy beefy and is great for flicks and big hyzers. I am keeping them both in the bag!

Any word on release of VIP? A friend of a friend got word from McCabe that these are on their way to DD for distribution..... Want.....now....

I love the BT hard Harp. Mostly up shots but sometimes putting.

I did not like the soft but I may check out a medium.

I played with dude that had a VIP Harp during the Mad City Open. I think he got it via a McCabe auction or something?

McCabe was talking about the VIP Harp in Europe during his WITB video I saw. That was a while back. Supposedly they were coming in overweight so molding was an issue.

A VIP Harp is on my wish list though. Might compete with the Jokeri.

I played a warm-up round for US Am Dubs at Winthrop Gold with someone who had a VIP Harp. It was perfectly flat and felt awesome! I was really worried about the dome on these (as a lot of premium putters seem to come out domey) but this one was board-flat!

Edit: Corey Obermeyer was the lucky owner. He rode down to the USDGC with E-Mac, which is how he got the Harp

Last edited:
I believe that on one of the new DiscGolfAnswerMan episodes Eric said that VIP Harps are on the ship heading over here. So, should be soon.

harps are sick. way underrated. its a zone with a little more distance potential.

when they drop in vip hopefully people take note. i like westside but i wish they werent involved with the dumb trilogy stuff and dave feldbergs lameness.

harps are sick. way underrated. its a zone with a little more distance potential.

when they drop in vip hopefully people take note. i like westside but i wish they werent involved with the dumb trilogy stuff and dave feldbergs lameness.

You're cool ........

A month or so later and the hard Harp is in and the Pro-D Zone is out. I was wrong about the Harp having less HSS than my seasoned Zone. I don't see what nolangherity is saying about the Harp having more distance potential unless he's comparing the Harp's base plastic compared to an ESP Zone.

A month or so later and the hard Harp is in and the Pro-D Zone is out. I was wrong about the Harp having less HSS than my seasoned Zone. I don't see what nolangherity is saying about the Harp having more distance potential unless he's comparing the Harp's base plastic compared to an ESP Zone.

In my experience harps definitely went farther than my zones. Yes, I am comparing BT softs to a Z Zone, but my harps went farther. They didn't seem to have as much fade so they ended up flying longer before fading.

They also seemed to fade later than my zone.

Harps are fantastic discs, but they are different flight paths in the same way xxx and tridents are different flight paths.

Latest posts