• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Will Schusterick peaked?

Prodigy has 28 discs, which is less than half the 61 discs Trilogy has.

True, but, Prodigy's line is far more focuses on Pro caliber players than the Trilogy line. I would say close to half of the trilogy line is directed more towards casual/lower arm speed golfers. At this point I think the number of discs, pros would consider throwing, is probably similar between the two companies.

True, but, Prodigy's line is far more focuses on Pro caliber players than the Trilogy line. I would say close to half of the trilogy line is directed more towards casual/lower arm speed golfers. At this point I think the number of discs, pros would consider throwing, is probably similar between the two companies.

Lol.

Agree, for sure. Number of discs a company offers means little in this context. Innova must have well over a hundred options, but check out the in my bag videos and you see the same group of discs over and over-some variation of Destroyer, Firebird, Teebird, Roc and Aviar. And I think the companies push the players to carry discs they don't even want or use just to provide some marketing material.

Thanks for the article. Always nice to hear from the actual athletes.

Sorry... no gravy boat!

There are currently no items on this registry. Please be sure you have the correct name(s), event date or registry ID to confirm this is the registry you are looking for. For help, please call 1-800-GO-BEYOND (800-462-3966).

DD molds: Distance Drivers (5) | Fairway Drivers (5) | Midrange (8) | Putters (2) | Easy to Throw (3)

Latitude 64 molds: DD (8) | FD (8) | mid (6) | putter: (7) | easy to throw (4)

Westside: DD (9) | FD (6) | mid (3) | putter (4) [no easy to throw listed]

What are you talking about again?

DD molds: Distance Drivers (5) | Fairway Drivers (5) | Midrange (8) | Putters (2) | Easy to Throw (3)

Are you trying to show how many are listed in the "easy to throw" category? Because as far as Trilogy numbers go, you have to subtract 1 from HSS and 1 from LSS. That puts half their discs into the "easy to throw" category, and the ones that are already in the easy to throw category so far right they're in the Atlantic ocean (if you go by US flight numbers).

That doesnt matter. Point is even if half their lineup is slightly US they still offer way more choices for molds compared to prodigy. Pros dont just throw OS stuff last time i checked.

Saying prodigy caters to pros with molds makes no sense.

I am very familiar with the Trilogy line up, my bag has been all trilogy since before it was even a trilogy. It wasn't meant as an insult, just an observation. Many of the discs that are not in the easy to throw line are still outside of what most pros bag. Prodigy has roughly 1 truly under stable mold in each category, that's not good or bad, to me it just shows Prodigy's target market. I would be surprised if you found more than 1-2 molds from the right side of the red line I drew in the attached chart in any given pros bag. Looks like roughly half to me.

Sorry for derailing the thread . . . I think Will will get back to where he was, battling on the top card on a regular basis, when he irons out his putt.

Attachments

• Flight Chart.jpg
    Flight Chart.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 54
That doesnt matter. Point is even if half their lineup is slightly US they still offer way more choices for molds compared to prodigy. Pros dont just throw OS stuff last time i checked.

I agree they offer way more choices...but it seems like pro's like seasoning in the same OS discs (look at all the Trilogy guys, they basically all have multiple Giants, Enforcers, and a few Worlds). They'll have like 10 distance drivers but only 3 molds.

I also get the impression Prodigy has been catering to pro's with their molds. The D1, H1, X1, etc. Lots of stuff on the beefy side, compared to Trilogy with lots of stuff on the glidey side. I understand your point of having more options, and I would way rather have the more options of the Trilogy side even if I wasn't throwing a different mold for every slot. But I do agree with the statement that Prodigy has a higher % of their lineup able to be thrown effectively by 450' arms.

Brodigy from the get go was a top down venture.

#changethegamejustnotfortherestofus

LOL! :popcorn:

Aim, your "lol" came off as sarcastic, but hearing you defend the statement so vigorously makes me think you might actually believe that it's true. Like several others, I think you're dead wrong. Given such, can you name any Lat64, Westside, or Dynamic Discs top pro, who throws any amount of the US stuff -- the stuff right of the line UCF Knight was talking about? In fact, can you name top pro players sponsored by any company who throw a significant amount of US stuff. Time to put up, or...

Sure it does. Especially without anyone showing evidence/examples to the contrary. What was Prodigy's premise when they started? "We're gonna change the sport..." how?

Latest posts