• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you ever caddyed for anyone?!

Hi, in November there is a big tournament (A-Teir) in my area (Moccasin Lake Open) And I want to Caddy for a pro. I have never carried someones bag before, but I know what to do/what not to do. The only thing I dont know is how much I should charge?? Its a 4 round tournament. Thanks :)

Tell them you'll work for the experience. I assure you they will pay you something and probably get you lunch if its not provided.

I reviewed this issue of stadard rates whenI was trying to find a caddy after I ripped the cartilege in my pivot foot, and I had a big money skins match. Seems like $65 dollars per day is about average, even in ball golf.

But even offerring $50 per round for two rounds on day 1 and 1 round on day 2, I had no takers. So I had to limp my way through three rounds of tournament DG with my pivot ankle in a brace.

I won $250 in skins though! :thmbup:

I just caddied 2 rounds of 4 for a pro at the last NT. I was paid $20 a round and was forced to take it. I just wanted to watch closeup. I didn't want anything in return. I did score a little clinic with him after the final round. He helped me get the 40-60 ft back on my drive that mysteriously disappeared for awhile. It was awesome to watch such solid consistency from those guys on the lead card.

I just caddied 2 rounds of 4 for a pro at the last NT. I was paid $20 a round and was forced to take it. I just wanted to watch closeup. I didn't want anything in return. I did score a little clinic with him after the final round. He helped me get the 40-60 ft back on my drive that mysteriously disappeared for awhile. It was awesome to watch such solid consistency from those guys on the lead card.

I paid a pro $150 for a putting clininc and to play a round with me. You got good trade. I also scored big playing in that skins match with some top pros. I got to see some really amazing drives and putts, and some aspects the techniques I witnessed have found their way into my play. What a bargain!

many of the big name touring pros....offer 10% of their winnings for their caddy.

when DF won the skylands in 2010...his caddy got 200 and he gave him a new revo bag.

I reviewed this issue of stadard rates whenI was trying to find a caddy after I ripped the cartilege in my pivot foot, and I had a big money skins match. Seems like $65 dollars per day is about average, even in ball golf.

But even offerring $50 per round for two rounds on day 1 and 1 round on day 2, I had no takers. So I had to limp my way through three rounds of tournament DG with my pivot ankle in a brace.

I won $250 in skins though! :thmbup:

I am assuming you are not referring to professional ball golf then.

When I couldn't play due to hurting my back I caddied for Will for free. Just watching Will and Kenny on the top card was enough for me.

I am assuming you are not referring to professional ball golf then.

The $65 per round rate is an average of what I found ball golf caddies who work at country clubs get paid or expect to receive. I got that info from an online forum where they had a discussion going. Of course, pro ball golfers can pay much more because even last place typically gets paid out four figures, but they have to earn pro cards to play.

My experience was that most DG Caddies simply volunteer for DG pros on the spot, and won't caddy for anyone else, even for money, unless they are family or a close friend.

My skins match was disc golf, not ball golf.

The $65 per round rate is an average of what I found ball golf caddies who work at country clubs get paid or expect to receive. I got that info from an online forum where they had a discussion going. Of course, pro ball golfers can pay much more because even last place typically gets paid out four figures, but they have to earn pro cards to play.

My experience was that most DG Caddies simply volunteer for DG pros on the spot, and won't caddy for anyone else, even for money, unless they are family or a close friend.

My skins match was disc golf, not ball golf.

Yeah,that's what I had gathered,I know Ball Golf caddies(If you're caddying for a top tier player)make a ridiculous amount,but I also think they have a lot more responsibility.

I live near Clearwater and have gone to watch the last few years. Most of the top guys either carry their stuff or have someone with them (brother, girlfriend, friend, etc) to carry their stuff. If you want a real specific answer PM discspeed and he will give you a clue. He has played it in the Open division the last few years and has plenty of knowledge of the Clearwater disc golf scene. I will probably be there on Saturday to watch.

I have caddies before for a local pro. I was offered a free lunch, a few drinks, and some of his discs he doesn't use! It was a great deal for me.

i hired a stripper to caddie for me. i paid her a $100 and made her wear a bikini. she pull my cart then she would hand me a disc and beer on command. she said "this is better than giving dances." it was the qoute of the round. when i get rich, i will do it for every round. everyone in my group still talks about. who said dgolf can't be pimpin'

i hired a stripper to caddie for me. i paid her a $100 and made her wear a bikini. she pull my cart then she would hand me a disc and beer on command. she said "this is better than giving dances." it was the qoute of the round. when i get rich, i will do it for every round. everyone in my group still talks about. who said dgolf can't be pimpin'

Are you f'ing kidding me? was this in a tournament or casual play? im guessing casual due the beverage supply. pretty cool idea.:rolleyes: what would be better is if you had your own hot girlfriend to caddy for you in a bikini, give you beer etc.. and then afterwards you get to....... instead of paying 100 bucks. kinda sad if you ask me.

sometimes i caddy for my next-door neighbor, adam olsen. he usually pays me in lunch, beer, and the opportunity to watch him play against the best iowa has to offer. watching him play on top card, seeing how he and the others on his card manage their rounds has made me a better golfer tenfold

love watch people getting "AO'ed" by the inventor of the move himself!

When I was younger I was a caddie for a country club " ball golf " and actually caddied for Nick Faldo! really cool guy :thmbup:

not sad at all, oh no, it f'in rocked unless you are gay. who here wouldn't want a hot chick to be your caddie? yes, it was a causal round of doubles. i shall do it again. mmmmmm, mmmmmm,mmmmm

I would love to have a hot chick caddy for me but If i had to pay said hot chick 100 bucks to caddy for me i would say that is sad. I like banging hot chicks but i do not pay for it. that is what is sad my lonely friend.

Latest posts