• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't let this get to you so much. I'm eating lunch and heading out for my 1st round of golf 2021. Well, not really. My first round of throwing discs at trees and the front of the basket but I'm still looking forward to it. :)

Lol...mostly feigned annoyance. It just take extra time to wheedle through the same posts on nearly every thread.

Thinking I will get out to league on Saturday. Not my first round this year, but first in a while. Still some snow to contend with, but courses should be in better shape for geezer play.

Don't let this get to you so much. I'm eating lunch and heading out for my 1st round of golf 2021. Well, not really. My first round of throwing discs at trees and the front of the basket but I'm still looking forward to it. :)

I recently played 10 holes -- I'd only played 2 rounds in 4 months, so I was delighted.

I won't mention how many times I went OB on those 10 holes.

But to make up for it, I missed putts from almost every distance.

(What can I say? It's been a rainy winter here, and at my age I rust easily)

Lol...mostly feigned annoyance. It just take extra time to wheedle through the same posts on nearly every thread.

Thinking I will get out to league on Saturday. Not my first round this year, but first in a while. Still some snow to contend with, but courses should be in better shape for geezer play.

I have a course 20 minutes from me that's flat and sand based. It dries over night. I'm meeting my nephew there for a round of throwing discs at wood objects while aiming for metal.

The problem is that it's simply too easy to make birdies and making bogeys is a rare thing.

I just looked at my database of scoring distributions on 5,690 holes and found that if par was set according to the definition using a 1000-rated player as the expert, the overall distribution of scores for 1000-rated players would be:

16.6% under par, 56.7% at par, and 26.6% over par.

With no change in putting.

The best players you see on video may get 38.6% / 44.3% / 20.8%. Good for them.

You cannot say that birdies are too common and bogeys too rare unless you measure against properly set par.

I just looked at my database of scoring distributions on 5,690 holes and found that if par was set according to the definition using a 1000-rated player as the expert, the overall distribution of scores for 1000-rated players would be:

16.6% under par, 56.7% at par, and 26.6% over par.

With no change in putting.

The best players you see on video may get 38.6% / 44.3% / 20.8%. Good for them.

You cannot say that birdies are too common and bogeys too rare unless you measure against properly set par.

I can't agree that holes are "par" holes though and not birdieable that's the issue with just changing par. Par should be adjusted for some holes though along with changing the hazard rule, making courses better from the start and making the basket smaller.

Nobody gives a rats a**hole what he's even trying to get at. Mostly because it's a non issue for every level of anyone caring. Can we just landfill this for everyone's sake?

Apparently this is some merit to his posts because everyone of them results in replies ad nauseam. I honestly think he should stop posting on this site, take his comments to either the PDGA, DGPT, etc, and report back to us his findings. The fact that it appears he will never do that concludes me to think he is perhaps a pro disc golfer using this site to vent his disagreements with the sport giving him a bit of satisfaction with the banter than ensues.

Totally agree. Read this bad boy front to back. Nobody gives a rats a**hole what he's even trying to get at. Mostly because it's a non issue for every level of anyone caring. Can we just landfill this for everyone's sake?

Do you want to landfill everything you don't understand?

Apparently this is some merit to his posts because everyone of them results in replies ad nauseam. I honestly think he should stop posting on this site, take his comments to either the PDGA, DGPT, etc, and report back to us his findings. The fact that it appears he will never do that concludes me to think he is perhaps a pro disc golfer using this site to vent his disagreements with the sport giving him a bit of satisfaction with the banter than ensues.

This stuff is discussed by the top level pro golfers behind the scenes all the time, it's not about the TD's, DGPT or PDGA not getting the message, they certainly understand the issues.

i was going to disagree just based on Occam's Razor but then he tells us what all the top pros, PDGA, and DGPT are saying behind the scenes :rolleyes: ... maybe you're right.

who are some higher level open players that have a ball golf background?

Status
Not open for further replies.