• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Heading East (WI, IL, IN, OH, PA)

I've got your course record tied harr :D

I figured I was tied with some people and I cannot think of a better person to tie it with . . . who else would make a trip to Milwaukee to play a 2 holer?

Now I have to stop and try to beat the course record...

If you start a round and do not ace . . . please be respectful and still finish the round (PS it will only take about 4 minutes). Anyone could throw all day on #1 trying to ace and then move on to #2 and lay a simple birdie for the course record.

So where is Rolling Ridge? Is it private, I can't find a city or course with that name.

Private course newly installed still in the process but still very playable right now . . . I played it and cannot wait for the ok to post it on here if he wants it posted.

It is within 30 minutes of Greenbay and 30 minutes of Appleton

Sounds like am amazing course! If you don't mind, I'll be contacting you guys about playing that course when I'm up in the Green Bay area for Thanksgiving, assuming the weather isn't too bad of course.

Sounds like am amazing course! If you don't mind, I'll be contacting you guys about playing that course when I'm up in the Green Bay area for Thanksgiving, assuming the weather isn't too bad of course.

3 sets of tees, some very tight wooded holes and some are long true par 4's (much like Charlie Vettiner's or The Fun Farm), with another handful of prairie holes that are long and one has a forced water carry. All in all great balance, lots of fun, and a constant challenge. I happened to play on a day where we had microburst storms that were literally blowing 75-80 MPH . .. my longest drive ever on one of the prairie holes due to the wind. I threw a nice flat destroyer and that thing rode the wind about 400', which was nice because I normally only throw about 300'

if you are going to come through indy shoot me a message, a couple of new good brew pubs in plainfield area and avon town hall is a fun course close by...

Let me know when you get close to the border of Ohio/Pennsylvania on I-80. Young's Run in Warren OH is a low rated gem of a course. Easily a 4, but a different experience than some are looking for. This course has EVERY type of hole you want to play and some you didnt know you wanted to play ;)

There are a couple of monthlies at the Pittsburgh courses in November. Usually get 6-15 people in them if you want some company.

November 5th @ Knob Hill
November 13th @ Moraine
November 26th @ Deer Lakes

I also second checking out Two Mile Run Extension. Very cool 9 hole course. It appears that they have doubles on November 19th. I have never been and have no idea how well attended it is there.

I am sure that if you show up at any of the monthlies and want to play a round at one of the other courses, someone would be happy to go with you.

Also, I might suggest that as you drive east across PA, you drop down to Paw Paw, WV and hit up their courses. They are supposed to be pretty good too.

Safe driving :)

Dammit! I just moved West!!!

If you're in Pittsburgh, keep in mind that 4 hours North is Rochester. They just held the AmWorlds, and the courses are great there. the only one that closes is Ellison in the winter.

Even being in Colorado, I really miss those Rochester courses. Every one is solid in it's own way.

Dammit! I just moved West!!!

If you're in Pittsburgh, keep in mind that 4 hours North is Rochester. They just held the AmWorlds, and the courses are great there. the only one that closes is Ellison in the winter.

Even being in Colorado, I really miss those Rochester courses. Every one is solid in it's own way.

I know man, I was plannin on coming to visit you too... I'll be through colorado again sometime in the next year I'm sure.

if your gonna be stopping in the Appleton, wi area let me know and maybe we could play a round together

Hit me up once you hit Lake Michigan anywhere in between Sheboygan and Manitowoc...any further north or south and I'm much more limited in availability, otherwise I'm flexible.