• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help! overstable putter?

so i'm throwing rhyno's right now champ and dx 175g. they are flying very straight for longer upshots and short drives. can someone suggest an overstable putter for me? possibly something made by discraft? I have a VP but the rim just seems to deep, i cant get the feel of it. Ive had a pig in the past and it turn into a straight flyer as well.

this is the OP

so I'm not sure about suggesting a Pig

beat enough that if i throw it off the tee on shorter holes it flies straight with pretty much no fade. Ive tried to hyzer flip it and didnt help much. I end up in alot of situations where an overstable putter would really come in handy for both putts (around obsticals) and when i need a short distance hyzer and or forehand. sounds like i need to pick up a zone or two. thanks for all the input guys!

how far left/right do you need a disc to go where you can't manipulate a champ rhyno into holding a hyzer line? I mean that is a pretty big turn because champ rhynos, even beat ones, will hold hyzer lines really well.

try pm'ing Booter

I believe he is currently trying Sinii
and I have an inkling that he probably threw D zones at some point in time

No one has thrown both a Sinus and a Zone and can give a direct comparison? Pretty please?

I just got a couple Sini this morning and won't get a chance to throw them until tomorrow (may try to get out at lunch today). Just holding it, I will say that it feels considerably deeper than the Zone. It's not uncomfortable by any means, but it's definitely noticeable (been throwing Zones for quite a while and am well adjusted to them). I got an AP and SP, and I'm a little disappointed the AP isn't firmer. Its rim is firm but the flightplate is pliable whereas the SP is flexy on both accounts. Both plastics feel great though. I'm hoping they fly very overstable like Zones.

No one has thrown both a Sinus and a Zone and can give a direct comparison? Pretty please?

I just got a couple Sini this morning and won't get a chance to throw them until tomorrow (may try to get out at lunch today). Just holding it, I will say that it feels considerably deeper than the Zone. It's not uncomfortable by any means, but it's definitely noticeable (been throwing Zones for quite a while and am well adjusted to them). I got an AP and SP, and I'm a little disappointed the AP isn't firmer. Its rim is firm but the flightplate is pliable whereas the SP is flexy on both accounts. Both plastics feel great though. I'm hoping they fly very overstable like Zones.

I have thrown both...I lean towards the Zone.

Mainly due to the depth of the rim. The Zone is much more shallow and for me this is noticeable more comfortable. Also I FH a lot of mid to short approaches with it and the shallow rim allows me to release the disc FH with cleaner form.

Both have very similar flights but the Sinus will not skip as much as the Zone.

Both have very similar flights but the Sinus will not skip as much as the Zone.

Thanks, thats all I needed to know. I need to stick with the Sinus it appears. Although I would definitely enjoy the shallower rim of the Zone more than I do my Sinus, predictable placement is higher on my priority list. I like to throw my approaches on steep hyzers that hit and stick.

Latest posts