• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hey! from San Diego

BobMcG

Hi all,
I just got into the sport about two months ago when I moved to San Diego and needed a hobby. I went to Morley field with a few discs I picked up from Dick's and had a blast. I had the good fortune of playing my first round with a great group of people including a pro. WOAH did I get a lot of help. Really everyone I've met while playing disc golf has been awesome and I've been trying to be a sponge for tips. This forum seems like a great place and I look forward to participating in it.

For you locals, I just played Goat Hill and Brengle Terrace today, both for the first time. What a blast I had at both courses, especially at Brengle. Great job by the San Diego Aces. I've also played Kit Carson and Morley has been the course I play at 3 or so times a week.

See you all around,
Bob

Hey Bob. Welcome to the site. Sounds like an awesome day between playing Goat and Brengroll! I play a lot at KC and Brengle, with the occasional trip down south to play Morley. Unfortunately it's just waay too crowded and slow these days unless you're there super early or super late.

If you find yourself back up north, Montiel is a small par 9 in San Marcos that is deceptively fun and can be stretched into 18 by way of alternate tee pad placements. Plus, it's minutes away from the Stone Brewery! Just up the freeway from Montiel, the CSUSM campus has an 18 hole course, but the holes are wide open and the back half of the course plays through the school, so it can be a little tough to play without having to wait for people to pass or skip holes altogether. Further north up the 15 is a fun course in Murrieta called Mountain Pride that plays a bit like KC and Brengle combined. It's worth the trip up there to check out when the weather cools down a bit.

See you out on the course!