• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] hey innova, bring back the XD!

hey innova, please bring back the XD!

• yes! it's still a vital tool in lowering scores!

Votes: 57 41.6%
  • no, you have succeeded in filling it's role, it's done.

Votes: 20 14.6%
  • i don't care, never used it never will.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • hum... i don't know, never tried it, maybe.

Votes: 32 23.4%

• Total voters
Had a regular DX XD back in the day and it was a great approach disc. Doesn't seem to get much love around here.

Didn't know it was gone.
We have a few in our box of don't use anymore.
Including a champ, a couple dx, and a pretty soft pro (?)

I would prefer if the stamp said xD instead. That way when I park my upshot my disc is trolling/laughing at my competitiors.

My first disc in the long ago was an XD, so I have fond memories. That said, I found other discs soon thereafter that led me to stop throwing the XD because the others worked better for me. There are other Innova molds that are OOP I'd love to see resurrected instead of the XD. (I reallyreally loved throwing the Moray, for example.)

I carried an XD for a long time when I had no idea what I was doing. Then I went into a mold minimalism phase for about 12 years where a beat-up version of my regular putter was supposed to cover my touch turnover shots. It was a huge weakness in my game as even a beat-to-snot big bead Aviar or Wizard tended to come back on me thrown at low power on a touch approach shot. After 12 years of not having that shot I put an XD in my bag just to see what it would do. Bingo. A shot I never had before was easy. It's been a staple in my bag for the last eight years. I can get a Sonic or an Upshot to execute that shot, but the XD was easier for me to throw. I tried the Colt, it was right back to "hyzers back at low speeds" that I could already get from a beat Wizard.

All I can figure is they OOPed the XD to make my life harder. :|

^^The Colt is a good replacement for the XD except for that fade at the end.

It's been a staple in my bag for the last eight years. I can get a Sonic or an Upshot to execute that shot, but the XD was easier for me to throw. I tried the Colt, it was right back to "hyzers back at low speeds" that I could already get from a beat Wizard.
All I can figure is they OOPed the XD to make my life harder. :|

^^The Colt is a good replacement for the XD except for that fade at the end.

Are y'all throwing DX Colts, XT Colts? My Star Colt is anything but "hyzer back"... I'm actually not bagging the Star Colt because mine won't hyzer back like I'd like. I go with the Stud and Mirage now.

XD is a cool low pro feeling disc. I liked it, but never bagged it and never would. I have one as a various practice putter however, for shiggles.

Someone rate the proto colt (less stable) comparatively? I was thinking about one.

The xd is my tricky close putts putter. Gstar rhyno gets most of the easy chain shots, I pull out the xd when it is going to need more finesse.

I bought the r-pro xd to try and turn my Dx into a touch turnover and change its slot but the r-pro just isn't dependable enough in any wind at all. I save the r-pro for serious rounds and bag the dx xd and rhyno usually.

Also, yeah, no plus molds please. They aren't bad they just aren't as good imo. A VXD sounds way more badass anyway for torquing putter drives.

Someone rate the proto colt (less stable) comparatively? I was thinking about one.

The xd is my tricky close putts putter. Gstar rhyno gets most of the easy chain shots, I pull out the xd when it is going to need more finesse.

I bought the r-pro xd to try and turn my Dx into a touch turnover and change its slot but the r-pro just isn't dependable enough in any wind at all. I save the r-pro for serious rounds and bag the dx xd and rhyno usually.

Also, yeah, no plus molds please. They aren't bad they just aren't as good imo. A VXD sounds way more badass anyway for torquing putter drives.

The only Colts I've thrown have been the proto XTs. They have a slightly different type of turn to them than the XD does. The XT Colt will turn to a point and stay on that line where the XD has a more consistent turn.

The Colt comes out on a slight hyzer, turns to the right (RHBH) then goes straight. The XD keeps turning even if slightly.
Then the fade, none with the XD but not the case with the XT Colt.

I still like them but like the XD better.

The XT Colt will turn to a point and stay on that line where the XD has a more consistent turn.

Having this suspicion of all the ones I've held in store is what kept me from pulling the trigger on one. Glad to know so I don't waste time trying them.

They sound like a solid bag add though on a course with a gazillion short tight woods tees.

Are y'all throwing DX Colts, XT Colts? My Star Colt is anything but "hyzer back"... I'm actually not bagging the Star Colt because mine won't hyzer back like I'd like. I go with the Stud and Mirage now.
I don't throw Star anything. I think Star is overpriced and tends to come out domey. An example would be Star Mako's. After the first runs they had huge pop-top domes and flew like crud. Star Rancho Rocs have the same problem. Star Roadrunners have pop top domes a lot of the time, and they need to be flat to be any good. The list goes on and on. I know people who swear by Star and love it, but I hate it. You can't order it online and have any confidence in what you are getting. I throw DX, Pro and Champ, but no Star.

The Colts I threw were proto DX's.

I don't throw Star anything. I think Star is overpriced and tends to come out domey. An example would be Star Mako's. After the first runs they had huge pop-top domes and flew like crud. Star Rancho Rocs have the same problem. Star Roadrunners have pop top domes a lot of the time, and they need to be flat to be any good. The list goes on and on. I know people who swear by Star and love it, but I hate it. You can't order it online and have any confidence in what you are getting. I throw DX, Pro and Champ, but no Star.

The Colts I threw were proto DX's.

Thanks for the info. I loved the Proto DX Colts, and the Star Colts are nothing like them, unfortunately. I do like Star plastic, though I admit that more and more of my bagged discs are in Champion plastic these days (and even more could be as time goes on).

I throw the Mirage for my understable approach/mid, and XD throwers might check into the Mirage as a possible alternative.

I forget and no longer have one. Wasn't the XD a smallbead classic roc?
My first ace was a beat blue dxXD back in the 90's.

It's a bit flatter than the classic and juuuust a touch slower with a tackier, leathery feel but otherwise you pretty much are thinking about right.

picture.php

I never did understand that stamp.