• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High status/ Famous people on the course?

I thought this was supposed to be about well-known people you met on the course, not about trying to turn Maury on, banging one of Montel's 'ho's, or swapping bjs with Cuba. :\

I thought this was supposed to be about well-known people you met on the course, not about trying to turn Maury on, banging one of Montel's 'ho's, or swapping bjs with Cuba. :\

Jealous much?

If it helps, I thought about how awesome it would have been to have a basket on the beach while I was knockin' em back.

I saw Hoyt Axton in a Pizza Hut in Oklahoma City once when I was a kid.

But that doesn't have anything to do with disc golf.

That's cool... Duff McKagan, formerly of Guns n Roses founded that band. I think they've had several members from former punk bands like Black Flag in the band as well.

I came up on a group of guys out at my local course (Richmond Hill). I was throwing by myself so I asked if I could join them. They laughed & said do so at your own risk. "We arent that good!"
One or two of the guys could throw pretty decently. The rest were hackers but it was still a fun time! At the end of the round one of the guys says "Hey, we are in this band "The Gentlemen" & here is one of our CD's."
thegentlemen_zps2f7a8e7b.jpg

I didnt put too much faith in the music after seeing them throw but was I wrong! It turned out to be some of the best music I had heard in a long time! Very creative & unique sound!
I'd love to go to a live show & I tried to find out more information on the band but I was unsuccessful. :|

Jealous much?

Nope. I've shook hands with plenty of famous people---astronauts and athletes, Hollywood stars and politicians. I just haven't met anyone famous/well-known on the course[not including dg pros]---which was the focus of the thread title. :|

No, not joking. Until I clicked on your link, I had no idea who he was. I'm old. Now that I know a little bit, I feel it's too much. I'm don't watch tv or go to movies. Did too much of that as a kid and regret every second wasted on it. Like I'll regret even reading this thread. At least I don't have to sit through commercials on these forums.

You do realize you entered a thread about "celebrites", people that gain such a title through the exact mediums you're claiming to avoid, yes?

Anyway, content...only "celebrity" of sorts I've met on a DGC was Nate Doss last July on Bachelor.

You do realize you entered a thread about "celebrites", people that gain such a title through the exact mediums you're claiming to avoid, yes?

Anyway, content...only "celebrity" of sorts I've met on a DGC was Nate Doss last July on Bachelor.

Boy howdy, I sure did realize that , that's why I wrote " Like I'll regret even reading this thread." And now I've spent more time typing this. (Must resist compulsive urges.)

I came up on a group of guys out at my local course (Richmond Hill). I was throwing by myself so I asked if I could join them. They laughed & said do so at your own risk. "We arent that good!"
One or two of the guys could throw pretty decently. The rest were hackers but it was still a fun time! At the end of the round one of the guys says "Hey, we are in this band "The Gentlemen" & here is one of our CD's."
thegentlemen_zps2f7a8e7b.jpg

I didnt put too much faith in the music after seeing them throw but was I wrong! It turned out to be some of the best music I had heard in a long time! Very creative & unique sound!
I'd love to go to a live show & I tried to find out more information on the band but I was unsuccessful. :|

They are on iTunes, the are pretty good too.

Boy howdy, I sure did realize that , that's why I wrote " Like I'll regret even reading this thread." And now I've spent more time typing this. (Must resist compulsive urges.)

Oh, no...typing. You don't seem to have a problem typing. Hell, you even decided to enter a thread and type just enough to state you didn't belong in the thread. You even just now decided to type some more just to state you typed something earlier. Typing must really be hard. I'm sure you're going to regret reading this.

Oh, no...typing. You don't seem to have a problem typing. Hell, you even decided to enter a thread and type just enough to state you didn't belong in the thread. You even just now decided to type some more just to state you typed something earlier. Typing must really be hard. I'm sure you're going to regret reading this.

Oh, no...reading. Oh no, ...reading & typing. Hell, I appreciate you showing me the error of my ways. Maybe you'll be a celebrity someday (if you aren't already) and I'll meet you on the course and you can sell me your autograph and I'll swoon.

Summer of 2012 I played a round at Widefield Park in Colorado Springs with my son, Quinn Wolcott and his crew chief John Tumpane and John's father, Jack Tumpane. At the time Quinn and John Tumpane were umpires assigned to the AAA Pacific Coast League. Currently they are both on the cusp of getting full time Major League Umpiring jobs. John has umpired over 200 Major League baseball games and Quinn umpired 64 big league games last season and has been placed on a crew for the 2014 season.

I guess when you're working games on television, in front of 54,000 people at Dodger Stadium, you're famous in some circles. As famous as roadies for semi famous bands.

And I'm probably just a proud papa doing a little bragging to my buddies on DGCR.

Latest posts