• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Holiday Lakes DGC in Willard, OH

bruce2736

Premium Member
I have been trying to play all of the courses in Ohio and have 15 to go. Four are temporary courses and a couple campgrounds have restrictions that you must be a guest. For now though I am trying to play this course at Holiday Lakes in Willard, OH. The restriction is that you must be a member or a guest of one. On the off chance that there is a disc golfer registered on DGCR that is either a member of Holiday Lakes or knows someone who is and can put me in touch with them, I am requesting some help to complete my goal.
Thank you.

Let us know how it goes... it's on my radar too: I lived there when I was little (50 years ago), and my dad was the city manager. I'd love to re-visit & play that course while in the area, myself!

My goal is like yours Bruce2736. To play all of Ohio's courses. I've personally called the manager @ Holiday Lakes and got the same answer as you did. Let me know and I'll letcha know if we get a foot in the door to play this course, Please.

I've currently played 240 courses in Ohio to date with 22 not played (according to this site) and a half dozen or so of those are like the course in Willard, private and unattainable without some outside help.

IMHO, it's cool to list this courses, but if one can't play it without a restriction perhaps the baskets should be another color (instead of the colors DGCR lists courses<blue, orange, red, green) to indicate that those courses are really really private.

Let us know how it goes... it's on my radar too: I lived there when I was little (50 years ago), and my dad was the city manager. I'd love to re-visit & play that course while in the area, myself!

There has to be someone still alive in Willard that knew your dad and has access to Holiday Lakes! As soon as you find that person let me know, I'll be right down.

I'd be more than happy to take anyone who wanted to try out the Holiday Lakes course and Willard Park just put in a 9 hole course as well 5 miles away. You could easily hit both in a day. I designed the course and was the driving force in getting it put in,so am always looking for feedback. It's private but we really aren't dicks about it; 9 hole, grass tees, no signage so don't expect anything great but it's fun and nice scenery. 5six7-2two4-0nine40

I have been trying to play all of the courses in Ohio and have 15 to go. Four are temporary courses and a couple campgrounds have restrictions that you must be a guest. For now though I am trying to play this course at Holiday Lakes in Willard, OH. The restriction is that you must be a member or a guest of one. On the off chance that there is a disc golfer registered on DGCR that is either a member of Holiday Lakes or knows someone who is and can put me in touch with them, I am requesting some help to complete my goal.
Thank you.

My goal is like yours Bruce2736. To play all of Ohio's courses. I've personally called the manager @ Holiday Lakes and got the same answer as you did. Let me know and I'll letcha know if we get a foot in the door to play this course, Please.

I've currently played 240 courses in Ohio to date with 22 not played (according to this site) and a half dozen or so of those are like the course in Willard, private and unattainable without some outside help.

IMHO, it's cool to list this courses, but if one can't play it without a restriction perhaps the baskets should be another color (instead of the colors DGCR lists courses<blue, orange, red, green) to indicate that those courses are really really private.

There has to be someone still alive in Willard that knew your dad and has access to Holiday Lakes! As soon as you find that person let me know, I'll be right down.

Hail Mary completed for TD

I'd be more than happy to take anyone who wanted to try out the Holiday Lakes course and Willard Park just put in a 9 hole course as well 5 miles away. You could easily hit both in a day. I designed the course and was the driving force in getting it put in,so am always looking for feedback. It's private but we really aren't dicks about it; 9 hole, grass tees, no signage so don't expect anything great but it's fun and nice scenery. 5six7-2two4-0nine40

And, great first post.

Good luck man! I played a solo round there and it's a really good 9 holer. I probably should've asked before playing, but I went 2 rounds without any issues. Parked at the Brass Pelican and walked to the 1st tee.

Latest posts