• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade DiscCatcher Gallery

263820_10150254076001069_802436068_7383750_2028839_n.jpg

We got 8 for 80$ from a rummage sale. made for a high school final project, chain not included!

Even though you can buy one for what you can build one, there is just something about making it yourself. IT will be one of a kind. When I finally move out of this apartment and get a house with a garage, I am going to build me a basket for my yard.

Love seeing these baskets guys, you all did good work.

All rite got all the stuff together to build one. Will post pics asap. But so far no money out of pocket. Wish me luck ;)

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg
Its mostly done. Just a few miner things to finish up tomorrow.
16 outer/4 mid/4iner chains. also realized it was too tall so I took some off the botom.

View attachment 15333

View attachment 15334
Its mostly done. Just a few miner things to finish up tomorrow.
16 outer/4 mid/4iner chains. also realized it was too tall so I took some off the botom.

Those are some tough looking baskets, disc golf outside a biker bar?
I would be worried about disc damage in a few areas, otherwise it is amazing

Here's my basket! Cost under $50. I used all hand bent 1/2 inch conduit and 2/0 passing link chain. The post slides over 1 inch square tubing so it's easily movable!
discbasket.jpg

Here's one that is not quite finished yet. I did some temp modding to see how it would look and if it would catch well.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1530&pictureid=15414

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1530&pictureid=15415
Top and bottom of basket matches up with diameter of regulation baskets. Top and bottom are deeper than normal baskets but "hanging basket design" opens up the top of the basket for hoops type of shots and allows tommy/thumbers to enter from the top. Metal baskets are also coated with a green plastic type dip material that is designed to prevent rust.

18 Zinc Plated (I know, but galvanized was more $$$) outer chains held by temp thick gauge wires.

Concrete filled bucket with pipe sticking out

Tomahawk Basket
Test #1 Results.....Sweet. All "good" putts from 20-30 feet out stuck to the 18 chains perfect. Better than I thought they would. Tried a couple basketball shots and they went in just as planned. Has potential for tommy/thumber aces.

Moving forward to add perm hooks on top and wire for bottom to prevent fall/slip through from gaps. Also to secure both to pole with bolts etc.

I have enough materials for 8 of these Tommy Baskets to go in at our course.

Last edited:
Your link is FUBAR donny. You can upload a photo using the "Advanced" editor (under manage attachments) or link to it from flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, etc. (clicking the
insertimage.gif
button) but you can't link to a photo from your PC.

Latest posts