• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How about a bottom 5, 10, 20...?

If Ephram White is the worst course you've played, you're doing quite well. It wasn't exciting, but at least it had good baskets and signs, and if you play all the obs it had some challenge with lots of distance. It is pretty boring and open though.

I was going to say the same about Central Park. If a course with cement tees, mowed fairways, and a practice basket with cement pads at several distances is one of your worst, you're spoiled.

I hope you have something else to do in town otherwise I am going to have to say "I told ya so"

PS I will be in Gastonia Mar 8,9th for a meeting, we need to go play Rankin at some point.

Billnchristy,

From the pictures of this course, you're very lucky (if this is the worst).

There ARE baskets, tees, a map, mowed grass, some trees. Yeh, it's looks a bit "unsafe" but there are WAY worse - take my word on it.

Karl

I still do not think any course beats North Greenville University (SC) NGU

It is 3 worn out innova discatchers in a muddy feild by a parking lot. No Tees, No signs, portable baskets, just a huge waste of time and inconvenience. Also since it is at a university you can get ticketed if you park in the wrong area. It should not even be listed as a course.

Course pic

Last edited:
I have given six courses a rating of 1/2. Out of 194 played.

Rock Canyon - Provo, Utah

Bicentennial Park - Mountlake Terrace, WA

Bakerview Park - Mt. Vernon, WA

Veterans Park - Charlotte, NC

Sanislo Elementary - Seattle, WA

McMenamins Grand Lodge - Forest Grove, OR

I hope you have something else to do in town otherwise I am going to have to say "I told ya so"

PS I will be in Gastonia Mar 8,9th for a meeting, we need to go play Rankin at some point.

Heck yeah, just let me know what your schedule is like. I can usually sneak out in the afternoons, or early in the mornings work for me, if I can get my a$$ out of bed.

I have given six courses a rating of 1/2. Out of 194 played.
Veterans Park - Charlotte, NC

That is a pity the park department (and club) allowed this course to go into disrepair. The last I played it (and reviewed it) it was a B+ 9-holer (3.5 disc). I had it rated #17 of 91 9-holers I have played.

Here is a narrated fly-by "Be the Disc!" video of the course as it used to be. As you see, there is nice terrain, great variety and decent challenge (albeit a shorter "birdiefest" course).

I don't know that I've ever played a course that I didn't like.

There was one in the OKC area that I found and didn't play because of the 2356203465023 little kids running around there but even the worst course I played (Woodson), I played more than once.

Dave, Woodlands is a great course in a masochistic sort of way!!!

I actually really liked Woodlands - just not for disc golf. If lived in that neighborhood I would probably go out there a lot with just my Ultimate lid.

With the weird fairway shapes and very dense schule it would present a worthy and fun challenge for that.....and a lid would not get as easily lost when missing the skinny little winding fairways. It is as unique a course as I have run across in all my travels.

That is a pity the park department (and club) allowed this course to go into disrepair. The last I played it (and reviewed it) it was a B+ 9-holer (3.5 disc). I had it rated #17 of 91 9-holers I have played.

Here is a narrated fly-by "Be the Disc!" video of the course as it used to be. As you see, there is nice terrain, great variety and decent challenge (albeit a shorter "birdiefest" course).

Tis a shame. You could have a good beer(and food stuffs) up the street, then go work the short game on a hill. Not sure what could have been done to prevent basket 8/17 from being bulldozed, plus I think parks is gonna do something different with the park anyway. And now the club is working OT to get new 18 hole courses in, in time for Worlds. So I guess in the process of progress some little gems fall by the wayside. I know I played there many times when I was uptown for business or pleasure.

How a list of the five worst course raters (who are self-proclaimed experts and prolific)?

Here is the worst course I have seen. Can't imagine worse, maybe if the land was flat. Got half the course in one photo. On a Jewish camp in NE PA. I was chased away when I took the photo.

Attachments

• Snapshot.jpg
    Snapshot.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 34
At least it looks like those buckets could be moved easily; thus meaning the course could be anything you wanted it to be at any time; with a truck and a little muscle.

How a list of the five worst course raters (who are self-proclaimed experts and prolific)?

Here is the worst course I have seen. Can't imagine worse, maybe if the land was flat. Got half the course in one photo. On a Jewish camp in NE PA. I was chased away when I took the photo.

Its obviously a disc golf basket farm. Duh. Where did you think they got baskets from?

Just chiming in for a second vote on McLean in VA and Woodlands in WI. There is also a completely nonsensical course that stands out in my mind up in Westfield Wisconsin at their high school.

I think a more interesting topic would be the top 5-10 courses that you felt completely failed to reach their full potential in terms of land usage and design...What do you guys think?

Just chiming in for a second vote on McLean in VA and Woodlands in WI. There is also a completely nonsensical course that stands out in my mind up in Westfield Wisconsin at their high school.

I think a more interesting topic would be the top 5-10 courses that you felt completely failed to reach their full potential in terms of land usage and design...What do you guys think?

Agreed about the Woodlands but it is in northern IL. How dare you scourge our fine state with that course. . . . just kidding, we do have East Troy Middle School and Duck Pond Rec. Center already, we simply do not need another one!

Lowells description says "All holes around 100 ft."A 100 ft. average is like a retirement homes course length.

I don't know where the 100 ft. thing came from, because there are no tees. None marked anyway. It is cool, though for elementary school kids. I bet prerube would love to have this at his school.

Latest posts