• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How close is " parked " ?

Parked for me is when I can knock down the putt at least 99% of the time.

Full disclosure, I don't park 'em often. And my putting isn't bad.

Depends on the lenght of the hole. I would say I parked a disc if it was less then 10 feet on say a 200 foot hole and probably within 30 feet on a 300 foot hole. The longer the hole, the little bit farther out it could be and still be parked.

Wow. I'm surprised with you guys. Some of you are very liberal on the definition of parked. I've never heard anybody ever say that a shot that's 5+ feet is parked. Unless they were mistaken by the time we got close enough to actually see how close it was. It doesn't matter what the drive distance is. If it's not within arm's reach it's not parked.

Parked for me is when I can knock down the putt at least 99% of the time.

Full disclosure, I don't park 'em often. And my putting isn't bad.

This. Parked is when your shot leaves you with a guaranteed birdie.

Did you take the bag off your shoulder before tapping out? If so, it's parked. If not, then "nice shot". However, it happens often where it's called as "parked" from the tee, only to find out it's 20 feet. I don't take it back then.

I'm at 10' when I say parked. It's usually in reference to the quality of the drive than the putt, Which explains all the difference of opinion in distance. There's a much greater difference between a 15 to 25 foot putt then a 0-10 footer. So any drive that lands that close gets a congratulatory "nice parkjob!"

i'm inclined to agree with the people saying 5' or drop in.

think of it this way, is it "parked" every time you make a birdie? just cuz you can make a 15 footer 90% of the time shouldn't mean the drive is parked. basically "great shot" =/= "parked" in my book.

I'm at 10' when I say parked. It's usually in reference to the quality of the drive than the putt, Which explains all the difference of opinion in distance. There's a much greater difference between a 15 to 25 foot putt then a 0-10 footer. So any drive that lands that close gets a congratulatory "nice parkjob!"

this also makes sense. but i would argue that the same distinction between 20' to 10' is also there between 10' and <5'

so...
20' - requires full concentration, don't feel foolish if you miss
10' - requires concentration, feel foolish if you miss
<5' - doesn't require much concentration, feel like a noob / want to give up if you miss

this also makes sense. but i would argue that the same distinction between 20' to 10' is also there between 10' and <5'

so...
20' - requires full concentration, don't feel foolish if you miss
10' - requires concentration, feel foolish if you miss
<5' - doesn't require much concentration, feel like a noob / want to give up if you miss

I can fully accept that logic. I do occasionally feel foolish when I say parkjob, and my depth perception has been deceiving me, I walk up to the basket and my disc is atthe edge of the circle.

We could argue forever...

99% isn't guaranteed. Besides if you are parked, you're not even putting. You're just dropping it in.

99% isn't guaranteed, but who on this site, or that has played this game has not missed a drop in or gimme?? LIAR!!

Plus dropping it in is determined by your arm length. I am a troll with tiny stubs for arms. I have to be on a ladder directly next to the basket to drop it in.

Parked is relative to your putting ability, consistency and skill. So, a pro that can putt like a Feldberg or Climo has a much more liberal sense of parked than I would with my troll arms.;)

99% isn't guaranteed, but who on this site, or that has played this game has not missed a drop in or gimme?? LIAR!!

Plus dropping it in is determined by your arm length. I am a troll with tiny stubs for arms. I have to be on a ladder directly next to the basket to drop it in.

Parked is relative to your putting ability, consistency and skill. So, a pro that can putt like a Feldberg or Climo has a much more liberal sense of parked than I would with my troll arms.;)

Sounds like you're more of a T-Rex than a Troll, no offense!

Latest posts