• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you handle it when people are a-holes?

Society in general is making it easier for kids to do things that lack intelligence. Nothing is ever the kids fault anymore, from outrageous behavior (I think the % of kids that "have" ADD has had to at least doubled over the last 10 years, not saying there aren't legit cases, just that it seems to be an excuse for a poorly behaved child anymore) to "No child left behind" (if the kid didn't learn something make them do it again. It isn't that complicated)

Pharmaceutical companies make more money if there are more people taking drugs which is why everyone has depression and ADD or whatever, you get money from all age groups this way.

Society in general is making it easier for kids to do things that lack intelligence. Nothing is ever the kids fault anymore, from outrageous behavior (I think the % of kids that "have" ADD has had to at least doubled over the last 10 years, not saying there aren't legit cases, just that it seems to be an excuse for a poorly behaved child anymore) to "No child left behind" (if the kid didn't learn something make them do it again. It isn't that complicated)

More tax money put to waste on that "No Child Left Behind" act. When class is held up by one kid that can't learn, and the teacher has to practically explain everything 1 on 1 with them, it's more like "Hold everyone else back". I'm going to /rant there before I really start.

Also I fully agree with sillybizz :)

Its just like a dude I heard on the radio and it is kind of conspiracy theoryish but it does make sense...

He said there has not been a single disease CURED since polio but there has been a treatment for every possible symptom.

Cure=one time shot at a fortune
Treatment=constant cash flow

Sucks.

Before this gets too off-topic, I was merely trying to point out that our society sucks and makes it easy for lots of dumb stuff to go down. For example: the underwear brothers

Before this gets too off-topic, I was merely trying to point out that our society sucks and makes it easy for lots of dumb stuff to go down. For example: the underwear brothers

oh but I like where this is heading. Conspiracy theories and government control of our lives and education.

Get off my lawn!!!

haha!:D

If a group is going slow and being inconsiderate, ie taking that second shot as a practice while two groups are waiting at the tee or not signalling you to play through when they lose 2 discs on the hole and are going on 5 minutes of looking for them, again while 2 groups are waiting at the tee...

I just say FORE! and throw. I have no patience for inconsiderate people, and have no problem being a jerk if someone else is being one. Actions show you what a person feels is acceptable behavior, and if they think its ok, then I have no problem with it.

I suppose I'm borderline a$$hole when people are behind me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for letting people play through, and I usually do, purely because I like to take more than one shot in a lot of cases. However, if there is a group in front of me as well, I usually don't call for somebody to play through. I won't take multiple drives or approaches anymore, but I will throw a second or third putt if I miss my first.

I suppose I'm borderline a$$hole when people are behind me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for letting people play through, and I usually do, purely because I like to take more than one shot in a lot of cases. However, if there is a group in front of me as well, I usually don't call for somebody to play through. I won't take multiple drives or approaches anymore, but I will throw a second or third putt if I miss my first.

you are not an a-hole, because you are aware of your surroundings and realize that different situations require you to act differently. if the underwear brothers, for example, knew that they would act better, but still, unfortunately, look like total tools

How do you throw when you have to have one hand on your pants the whole time?

Reminds me, they have talked about banning pants like that and the Atlanta cops are completely against it because if your pants keep falling down you can't run real fast when being chased.

Reminds me, they have talked about banning pants like that and the Atlanta cops are completely against it because if your pants keep falling down you can't run real fast when being chased.

lol...it sounds bad, but I have no doubt its true.

Hahahaha! that is hilarious. And as for the throwing part, I watched them throw a disc then immediately grab their pants. It was humorous to watch them, they were very quick to get their hands back to their pants after the release.

I guess you guys like the name the guys in my group came up with :) 'the underwear brothers'