• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you keep track of your score during a casual round?

How do you keep track of your score during a casual round?

• Paper and pencil

Votes: 76 31.1%
  • In my head

Votes: 119 48.8%
  • On my fingers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Beads on a string

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Cell phone app

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • Cell phone other (text/notepad)

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • I don't keep score for casual rounds

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters

zud00

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
How do you keep track of your score during a casual round whether it be a solo round or a round with your buddies?

I carry a small clipboard that tucks behind my discs in my bag, and I have printed score cards that I copy. I usually run off about 60-70 every few months.

Bagwithlables2.jpg

I usually text message myself unless I have paper/pencil.

I have used text messages, pen and paper, memory as well as failed to keep score altogether so I had to vote 'other'.

I used to just keep track in my head playing everything as par 3s, but since I've been actively keeping score out here including my putts, and as I've been playing more champ-caliber courses with true 4s and 5s, it's become necessary to write everything down.

I keep track in my head, on most courses I am able to remember both over/under par as well as number of shots on each hole.

I use the notepad on my phone. I just write birds and bogeys to save time and know everything else is par. although if it's just one round I can usually do it from memory.

I use the "disc golf" app by Sutibo Software on my ipod touch. Makes keeping score super easy and quick. With that app now, I don't mind keeping score for friends.

i keep track in my head how many under par i am (hopefully)...today was the first time i was over today, i missed 4 puts on 1 basket LOL, it kept hitting the top and rolling back 2 the same spot.

I too use the iphone disc golf app. What I really like about it is that it tells you your average # of strokes you take on each hole. I can then see over time which particular holes I'm not performing well on, and specifically practice the shot needed for that hole.

I'll either do it in my head, or as a memo on my phone. If I'm doing it in my head, I'll just keep track of over under not the score on every hole. A lot of my rounds lately have been on new (to me) courses that I might not play again for a while, so I'm not too worried about specific hole scores.

Since I'm almost always playing the same course, I generally don't have any problem keeping score in my head, even specific hole scores. I keep a running tally of strokes over par (I'm never under, unfortunately) as a cross-check, but don't find it difficult to remember what I shot on each hole in order to enter it in the score tracker here, as long as I do it the same day or early the next.

Latest posts