• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how do you react when people throw in on you?

No, thats about it. I was just hoping for this to hit the landfill or for an infraction to be honest with you. Guess neither will happen though. O well, I got enough good laughs in for the day.

When you respond with the "man im peeing myself with fun" it doesnt make people think you dont care. It just makes them think your a dumbass...

However, if you do find enjoyment out of looking foolish, youve apparently come to the right place.

so...who's throwing at who? wait, what? dammit im lost. surge threw at stetz and all of New York, someones throwing discs at babies. boxcutters and deadbodies, ghetto trailerparks...man, this thread is cool

Last edited:
i've also seen lung butter hacked up into a wad and spit onto a disc that was thrown in near a person in my group by a group teeing off on us

:gross::gross::gross:

I'd probably yell and/or throw the disc back at the person. I don't think I'd want to try and talk to someone like that. If I could conjure it up, I might go with the "lung butter" trick. :\:sick:

When you respond with the "man im peeing myself with fun" it doesnt make people think you dont care. It just makes them think your a dumbass...

However, if you do find enjoyment out of looking foolish, youve apparently come to the right place.

Your right. I have come to the right place. Its called an internet forum. I definatly get a kick out of all of this well being bored at work. Thanks for solving my boredom problem guys.:popcorn:

Sorry, but if you try to.intentionally hit my daughter. Your going to get stomped.
End of rant.

Agreed, I bring my 3 year old out about twice a month and normally its just me and her. I make sure to let all the folks play through if we are slowing them down, but if someone was impatient and pegged me or my daughter I'd whoop some ass. Gotta remember that kids are kids and these are public parks, we all have a right to be there. Just a side note make sure your not blazing fat bowls when little kids are around, take the 5 seconds to put it away and either let them pass or play on and finish it down the road.

Last edited:
Agreed, I bring my 3 year old out about twice a month and normally its just me and her. I make sure to let all the folks play through if we are slowing them down, but if someone was impatient and pegged me or my daughter I'd whoop some ass. Gotta remember that kids are kids and these are public parks, we all have a right to be there. Just a side note make sure your not blazing fat bowls when little kids are around, take the 5 seconds to put it away and either let them pass or play on and finish it down the road.

Exactly. This is all i was trying to get at here. But instead I had to start ****ing with everyone instead. Thanks for actually understanding what i was yeting at in the first place though. I did take it a little out of hand, but this is the internet after at.

not to detract from this whole Illinois v NY beef, but

If I'm ever thrown on, I'll give a "we're still here" and that's always ended it. If it were to happen again, I could definitely see things escalating, I'm a fighter not a lover. lol

not to detract from this whole Illinois v NY beef, but

If I'm ever thrown on, I'll give a "we're still here" and that's always ended it. If it were to happen again, I could definitely see things escalating, I'm a fighter not a lover. lol

Hey you want to come over to my trailer later? I got sum stuff cooking in the pyrex on the stove...:popcorn:

Arresting *******s.

how could you have them arrested?

"Assault is a crime of violence against another person. The specific meaning of assault varies between countries, but can refer to an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence, or in the more limited sense of a threat of violence caused by an immediate show of force. Assault in some jurisdictions is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent; but in some common law jurisdictions, this is defined instead as battery."

Wikipedia for reference not the best but hard to be far off on this subject.

Them intentionally throwing a heavy plastic disc at me to cause harm or fear of bodily injury would be grounds for attempted assault. This would apply after warning them the hole is not clear in the possibility of a blind hole.

This is why you shouldn't use wikipedia. There is no such thing as attempted assault, assault is any action or statement done with the intention of placing fear of physical harm or death. You can't attempt that, due to the fact that it says "the intention of." You can't attempt to try to scare someone. Even if they don't get scared, you still tried, not attempted to try.

Look, Mr.FLX, What I was trying to get at is not, "Don't bring your children to the DG Course to learn the game." I was more of, "Why would you bring your children in strollers to a place that could be potentially dangerous for them?" I'm wholly for teaching youngsters the sport, I am very pleased when I see a Father and Child playing, it reaffirms positive parent/child relationships while helping to progress the game through younger generations. I just get very confused when I see a woman pushing a stroller around a DG Course b/c I figured it to be common since NOT to bring babies somewhere where they could be struck with an object that could cause serious physical harm. I therefore retract my earlier aggressive statements in the name of peace and unity. So, I extend my cyber-hand in apology...up to you to accept.

careful, trolls like to bite extended hands ;)

honestly though, if everyone followed correct etiquette, there would be virtually no chance for babies in strollers to get hit on most courses.

bringing a child to a course for 18 holes of golf that is under 5 years old usually isn't pleasant for anyone involved

then again i hate children

The actual charge is not attempted assault, was just the first search term that came to my head. It would fall under battery, the last thing in the quote.

Was used for quick copy and paste that did not involve me going through 4 pages of Texas statutes. lol

Either way it does not take away from the fact, that an errant or accidental throw is not the issue. The second throw at people still playing on a hole would be an arrestable offense. I have no prob taking it to the legal system for someone wanting to be an a$$ when my kids are involved.

Hey Stetz1010, if you reread Deadbody's post, it looks like he was not the only person playing.
Guessing that means more than likely the only 2 not playing would be the stroller, you offering to babysit his young ones so he can go play? Just recension your reply after posted.

Im not even going to touch the NY vs Il argument.... But scumbags are not limited to any geographical locations and usually are not the sole residents of any city, some do have higher % of dbags.

Last edited: