• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

how far would you go to get your disc back??

mikk

Par Member
I shanked a drive right into the white river, Auburn, WA. The temp outside was 36 F, the water was about 34 F and moving about 12mph. I went in up to my knees to get my driver back!!

So how far would you/did you go to get yer plastic back??

i dont know how far i would go but i definitely didnt go into the tiger (or maybe it was lions) pen to get my beat white dx orc at mesker park...

Depends on the disc and time of year. Summer I have No problems taking a dip. Winter it's like f that ****. I got backups for a reason.

My friend got in the lake at hornet nest that is behind the basket to get my brothers ion when there was a cop parked in the parking lot, i acted like i didn't know them.

Totally depends on the water and its relative cleanliness. The cold is fine, though i would be super careful around moving water in the winter.....that is a death trap waiting to happen

We rented a ball golf course for a tourny this fall and there were a ton of discs that splashed into their ponds but no one went into those cauldrons of goose, beaver and ground hog crap

i over shot 18 at lakewood into the tall reeds across the road. it was late march and the ice was still forzen.....so i thought. 1st step..good, 2nd step..okay.. 3rd step...and the ice crackes and i went nuts deep into the lake...it was so effing cold. my friends thought it wsa pretty hilarious. i didnt even mention a word of good bye because i was running to my car..

I turned a fr force over into indy lake and took the cold dip.
Im still unsure if it was worth it or not :/

I've gone waist-deep into the leech filled pond at Alexander park to try to find my disc(didn't get it though). That was before the park was open though.

I've gone full-nude into the lake at Chattooga Belle, on a crisp September morning, to get my disc back. Played 2 more holes au natural before putting my clothes back on.

I've gone waist-deep into the leech filled pond at Alexander park to try to find my disc(didn't get it though). That was before the park was open though.

I've gone full-nude into the lake at Chattooga Belle, on a crisp September morning, to get my disc back. Played 2 more holes au natural before putting my clothes back on.

Gotta do this!!!!!!:thmbup:

I lost a first run star destroyer in Florida and when I got the call I booked a flight and visited the family for 2 days of a 3 day weekend. I spent the other day golfing and not getting my disc back. The dude never showed up at the course and never answered my calls after I said "hey I'm in the state lets play". We set a time and course but nobody ever came.....sad really.

It depends. There isn't a disc in my bag that I don't have a backup or three of. And I have no real emotional attachment to any disc. However, I have been up to my knees in mud in winter but I was ready to quit playing anyway. And I had a change of clothes too.

310138_10150304618247843_567467842_8248391_1592986081_n.jpg

what you dont see is the eel swimming around his disc PLUS the red bellied black snake he had to side step in order to get onto the pole.

On a side note, we actually used the crossing as a tie breaker at an event as there is a basket on the low side and an opening up above (see pic below).

383813_350445941635871_100000114036854_1686962_264247756_n.jpg

From the title I thought this thread would be about how far would you drive to meet someone that found your disc. I was going to say 6 hours since a buddy of mine from my old club has one of my favorite discs and I now live 6 hours away.

But since we are basically talking about disc diving I'll say that the golden retriever I got for my last birthday has made life easier. They are worth every penny.

Probably the strangest disc retrieval experience happened to me about a year ago. I was on the way back home from a short trip and it was an unusually warm February day, so I decided to play a 9 hole course in a neighboring town. After I play the first seven holes, I step up to Tee #8 which you can see here.

34d1e370.jpg

So I decide to do what I usually do and throw my Star TL on a big lefty hyzer over the building. Only problem with I released the disc a bit too flat and the disc heads straight for the building's roof and gets wedged under the wood shingles.

I tried using numerous objects that I had on me to retrieve it. A tape measure, a golden retriever, whatever stick I could find to pry it free but to no avail. I even tried climbing the building, but couldn't find a spot to get up. Eventually, I drove out to the local Wal-Mart and bought the tallest step stool that I could find. $36 with tax. With a combination of that, a stick and some stretching I was finally able to get it down.

So I spent $36 to save a $15 disc, although I've used that stool numerous times to get over the fence along the highway at the home course rather than walking around it. I've also used it to poke discs out of high spots in trees, and for a few tasks at home, so its kind of paid for itself. I keep it in the back seat of my car.

Latest posts