• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many BH grips do you use?

How many different backhand grips do you use?

• Total voters
I use three, Drivers and Fairway Drivers i use the 4 finger power grip, mids and driving putters i use the fan grip for accuracy and power grip for distance, and putting i use the modified fan grip. seems to be working very well for me using all three.

Fan - putting
Fork - approaches
Power - drives

I used to use power for drivers, fork for driving mids and putters, and fan for putting. Recently, I discovered I have a much smoother release driving putters with a fan grip. Since distance isn't hugely important in these situations, I figure it's worth it.

Typically a 3 finger modified power grip for anything more than an upshot, and a fan grip for putting/upshots. I mess around with a lot of variations, but those 2 are my bread and butter.

power grip for fairway drivers, fan grip for mids and putters, fan grip with pointer's bend on bead for shorter standstill putter drives and approaches, and putting grip.

I use a fan grip for putting, but distance drivers I through 3 finger power grip because I cant quite comfortably get that pinky over the rims, I use 4 finger power grip for mids and fairways, but putters are where I change a lot cuz I throw putters a lot.. but I will use 4 finger power for a big turnover where it needs more speed, a fan grip for finesse turnovers or hyzer flips, and then I have a third putter grip that is like a 4 finger power grip but the pointer finger is resting on the bottom of the rim like in a fan grip.

Throwing lefty I use but one grip- a modified power grip wherein I tuck my pinkie and ring fingers up against the rim, my middle finger sits on the flight plate and my index finger pinches the flight plate against my thumb. Throwing righty I use both a power grip for drives and a fan grip for putts and approaches.

Throwing lefty I use but one grip- a modified power grip wherein I tuck my pinkie and ring fingers up against the rim, my middle finger sits on the flight plate and my index finger pinches the flight plate against my thumb. Throwing righty I use both a power grip for drives and a fan grip for putts and approaches.

I just tried to do your left grip on a legal pad.... Is it really as weird a grip as it seems? ;)

I use a power grip for drivers, a fork grip for throwing mids and putters and a fan grip for putting.

2 finger power grip for all drives, modified fan grip (index on rim) for putts and approaches ~150' and in.

3. 3 finger power grip for drivers, control grip for mids, "McBeth" grip for putting.

I use a three finger power grip for distance & fairway drivers. For mids & driving with putters I use a stack fork grip aka the Climo grip. When putting I use a fan grip with my index finger wrapped.

Just wondering how many different grips you guys use for your backhand throws. Personally, I use 3-- the four finger power grip for distance drives, the birdie grip for mid-range discs and control drives, and the fan grip with index finger on rim for putts and approaches using the putter up to 200'. Just trying to see if it's normal to switch up your grip for different types of throws and distances.

This is what I do as well, but I also use a 3 finger power grip when necessary.

I guess I should have said 4, but I didn't think about putting. Power grip for drives (regardless of disc type, MJ grip for shorter drives, fork grip for upshots, and a fan grip for putting.

4- fanned finner in front for putts, control one hooked 3 fanned for all mids and putter drives, then 3 or 4 finner power grip based on which driver Im using moreso than how hard im throwing it

Latest posts