• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many courses have you played that are the highest rated in their state?

Just Flip City in the state I live in for me, but I was one of the very first to play it with baskets if that counts for anything. Here's a video of me and Bill playing it in 1999: https://youtu.be/9_nEHuPLQb4

I mean...Some of them would have been #1 in the state when I played them at the time, such as DeLaveaga 22 years ago.

sick video

what discs were yall using (if you can remember)

Just Flip City in the state I live in for me, but I was one of the very first to play it with baskets if that counts for anything. Here's a video of me and Bill playing it in 1999: https://youtu.be/9_nEHuPLQb4

I mean...Some of them would have been #1 in the state when I played them at the time, such as DeLaveaga 22 years ago.

I like that criteria. I probably had 15 or 20 of them in the 1990s, particularly since I'd probably played all the courses in a number of states (particularly states that only had 2 courses at the time).

sick video

what discs were yall using (if you can remember)

I do remember that my RHFH drive on #2 there was with a brand-new 9X KC Whippet. It's hanging on my wall now. Approach on #2 was with a Ram! I had just gotten a white Soft Magnet while visiting DeLaveaga (one of my favorite vacations EVER) and was using that, definitely recognized it putting on #4. It's still in my bag! It is the most beaten-up Disc in the history of the sport basically that I use for short trick shots. I've made more 50' anny putts around obstacles with it than I can remember.

My RHFH drive on #3 there is probably a more beaten-in Whippet that I was trying to hyzer-flip but got a little too much on it and turned it over enough to where it left me 50' left but pin high.

I was throwing Banshees by this point. They're on there too, I would think.

Couldn't tell you what Bill was throwing there.

I like that criteria. I probably had 15 or 20 of them in the 1990s, particularly since I'd probably played all the courses in a number of states (particularly states that only had 2 courses at the time).

Yeah, I'm sure Hudson Mills was Michigan's #1 course for awhile and I lived there in 1998. We unfortunately moved back home to Indiana for the summer and I couldn't stand it and drove back on several occasions to get my fix! If it wasn't Mills it was perhaps Addison Oaks and got to play it several times too. Got to congratulate Ron Russell the week after '99 worlds when I saw him with other friends at a picnic table near the parking lot!

We moved to Kalamazoo for the fall and it was just Cold Brook and half of Oshtemo. We have 7 quality courses in the area now, many more than that if you drive another 30 minutes in any direction. Population of only around a quarter million. Feels like we've made it to me!

AL. The Admiral
AK. Kincaid Park DGC
MO. Harmony Bends
TX. Selah Ranch Lakeside
MI. Flipp City DG Park
WI. Rolln' Ridge
KY. Idlewild
TN. Harmon Hills
MA. Maple Hill
MN. Blue Ribbon Pines Main
VA. Hawk Hollow
ME. Sabattus DG Eagle
IA. Wildcat Bluff
GA. Hobbs Farm
OR. Riverbend DGC
DE Iron Hill
FL. The Green Gauntlet
IN. Prides Creek
MD. Seneca Creek
MS. Ross Barnett Res. " The Rez"
MT. Blue Mountain
NV. Zephyr Cove
NY. Warwick Park
N.C. Ashe County
OH. Caesar Ford PK. Championship
WA. Shelton Springs
W.V. Whippn' Post

Out of the eight states I have played in so far, I have two top courses, and I have four other 2nd place courses that aren't far off in terms of rating:

Illinois: 2nd - Foundation Park Champ 18
Indiana: 2nd - Seviren Lang
Iowa: 2nd - Pickard Park
Kentucky: 1st - Idlewild
Missouri: 1st - Harmony Bends
Ohio: 2nd - Mt. Airy Forest

When this thread pops back up, I take another look. They do keep changing! However, living at the junction of three states, I can (as of this moment) say I've played 19 of the top 25 in Ohio (including the current #1, Caesar's Ford), 16/25 in Kentucky (including likely 'permanent' #1 Idlewild), and only 10/25 in Indiana, but not the current #1).

The fact that I've played Moraine State Park, Deer Lakes, and North Boundary... and still haven't played the best course in PA says something about the # of top notch courses in the state.

9 for me currently.

WI - Rollin Ridge
IL - Fairfield Park
IA - Wildcat Bluff
MN - Blue Ribbon Pines
MI - Flip City
KY - Idlewild
MO - Harmony Bends
ND - Iwen Park North
WV - Whippin Post

Hope to add one more in September. Spearfish Canyon in South Dakota.

I got a couple #2's, but not the top. :doh:

OH - Mt. Airy
PA - Moraine

Well I did add Spearfish in SD, so 10 right now. Also played Diamond X, so chalk another one up for the second place column.

Looking to add 3 more in May.

TN - Harmon
NC - Ashe County
OH - Caeser Ford Championship

Only 8.

KY - Idlewild
TN - Harmon Hills
MA - Maple Hill
VT - Smugglers Notch Brewster's Ridge
GA - Hobbs Farm
DE - Iron Hill
IN - Prides Creek
MS - The Rez

I've been wanting to play Ashe County Park in North Carolina for a while. There's always pictures posted on reddit that show off it's beauty.

16!

Alabama - The Admiral
Colorado - Bucksnort
Delaware - Iron Hill
Georgia - *Flyboy @ 4.90 (With an * because Hobbs Farm with a 4.65 is currently listed as the official #1)
Illinois - Fairfield
Kentucky - Idlewild
Maryland - Seneca Creek State Park
Michigan - Flip City
Minnesota - Blue Ribbon Pines
Missouri - Harmony Bends
North Carolina - Diavolo
North Dakota - Iwen Park North
Oklahoma - The Lodge
Texas - Selah Ranch
Wisconsin - Rollin Ridge

i haven't got that many (3), but avoiding work so thought i'd compile how many of the top courses from each state i've played:
idaho: 11/16 *
montana: 2/6 *
oregon 13/25
washington 12/25 *
wyoming 1/6

*got #1

I recently lost a top 1 in Florida as they rightfully moved on from Picnic Island.

AL - The Admiral
GA - Hobbs Farm (and Flyboy)
IL - Fairfield Park
KY - Idlewild
LA - Lake Claiborne - Whitetail
SC - Langley Pond
TN - Harmon Hills
WI - Rollin Ridge
UK - Quarry Park (highest rated in the United Kingdom with at least 11 reviews)

#32 Report Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:53 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 43.6
Courses Played: 1546
Niced 452 Times in 116 Posts
WA- Shelton Springs
OR- Hornings
NV- Zepher Cove
GA- WR Jackson
MN- Blue Ribbon Pines
RI- Ninigret
CT- Wickham
DEL- Iron Hill
WV- Whippin Post
AR- Marana Rocks
MI - Flip City
ID - Caliber
VT - Smugglers Notch

CO-Bucksnort Unbelievable, personal fave
MO-Hobbs Farm
ID- Caliber shot +1 which is good for me
IL- Fairfield
MI- Flip City
MN- Blue Ribbon Pines
MO- Harmony Bends Beautiful Park
WI- Rollin Ridge 3 tees,3 baskets each hole.
Playing IA, and KY this year

Only 8.

KY - Idlewild
TN - Harmon Hills
MA - Maple Hill
VT - Smugglers Notch Brewster's Ridge
GA - Hobbs Farm
DE - Iron Hill
IN - Prides Creek
MS - The Rez

I've been wanting to play Ashe County Park in North Carolina for a while. There's always pictures posted on reddit that show off it's beauty.

9. I forgot the Admiral in Alabama. Wish we had a Houck course in Huntsville.

Just two - AL - The Admiral & DE - Iron Hills.
Though I have CO's #2 (Beaver Ranch), & PA's #4 (Tyler East).

I'd like to get ME's, MA's and RI's in the near future.

9 for me currently.

WI - Rollin Ridge
IL - Fairfield Park
IA - Wildcat Bluff
MN - Blue Ribbon Pines
MI - Flip City
KY - Idlewild
MO - Harmony Bends
ND - Iwen Park North
WV - Whippin Post

Hope to add one more in September. Spearfish Canyon in South Dakota.

Update from a year ago.

SD- Spearfish Canyon
TN- Harmon Hills
NC- Ashe County
OH- Caeser Ford Park- Championship

Looking to add Kansas to the list in the fall.

Latest posts