• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you carry per round?

how many discs do you carry per round?

• 1-5

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 76 15.6%
  • 11-15

Votes: 163 33.5%
  • 16-20

Votes: 157 32.3%
  • 21-25

Votes: 57 11.7%
  • 26-30

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • 31+

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
1 surge
3 predators
2 stalkers
1 wasp
3 comets
2 challengers
12 in the small bag.

2 surge
3 predators
2 stalkers
1 wasp
4 comets
4 challengers
16 in the big bag.

1 surge
3 predators
2 stalkers
1 wasp
3 comets
2 challengers
12 in the small bag.

2 surge
3 predators
2 stalkers
1 wasp
4 comets
4 challengers
16 in the big bag.

Umm...why do you carry so many of the same disc in one bag?

Different stages of wear, mostly. I'll break down the big bag.

2 surges - one new one beat
3 predators - one flat top like a spirit - sick overstable, one overstable workhorse, one domey that is less stable
2 stalkers - one cryztal which is a little overstable, one z
1 wasp - overstable midrange
4 comets - one beat X for turnovers, one 170 z for touch approaches, one 174 Z that is a little worn, and a 177 Z that holds a very nice hyzer line
4 challengers - one is main putter, one is a backup putter, one is 167 for long/kneeling putts, one is cryztal for drives/approaches

it's very easy to carry multiples of a disc when they are all worn a little differently.

I just rearranged my bag yesterday after giving some thought to which discs I honestly use all the time, and which discs I carry as "pacifiers".

3 Teebirds - A new 11x glow Champ Teebird for absolutely straight drives out to 400-415', a beaten Champ that flies beautifully with little effort that I'll use for anny drives out to 450', and an Echo Star that glides amazingly and forms great S lines.

2 Leopards - A new Glow Champ X-Out that I'm wearing in, and a beaten Champ.

1 Banshee/or Firebird - For headwinds, overhead, and forehand drives.

2 Buzzzes - Z and ESP, with the ESP being slightly more stable.

1 Stingray

Pig/Wizard/Magic combo - Covers all of my putter needs. I may decrease this down to 2 after some more use.

1 Nuke or Halo - For any drive that I can't reach with my Teebirds. I'll rarely pull this disc out.

So, 13 total but in only a few molds. I mainly use the Teebirds, Leopards, Buzzzes, and Magic, but the others are in there if need arises. I'll occasionally go out and play with just a Teebird and Putter and my score won't be terribly different than if I carry everything.

This is what I grab on a typical day. I might bring extras to compare against the usuals, or go more minimal with something like E-Wiz, Z Buzz & *TB.

Evo Wizard
SS Wizard
Organic Wizard Prototype (Hey I like throwing multiple putts :D )
Z Buzz
Champ Leopard
Star Teebird x2 (171 go to driver, 175 strong headwind driver)
Star Roadrunner

8 discs.

Star Boss, Long RHBH S-turns
Pro Katana Distance Hyzers
CE Beast, Long RHBH S-turns
Star XCal, Long RHBH S-turns
ESP Avenger Long RHBH Straights
CE Eagle, Dont ever throw it, but its just in the bag.
2 Sirius Orion Long RHBH Straights
Champ Orc Headwind RHBH
Champ Grove RHFH Hyzers
Champ Monarch RHFH Straights, RHBH Annys
JLS RHBH Annys
Champ Valk (150) Big Hyzer Spikes
Star Mako Primary Mid Disc
Z Buzzz When I need some turn on my Mid
3 Rocs, Still learning them, everyone says they are great, not so much for me.
VERY Beat DX Cobra, Short spike hyzers
Aviar P&A DX putter
Aviar Star P&A putter
DX Hydra, putter, water shots
ESP Focus, putter
DX Birdie, putter

I am a horrible putter, still trying to find something that works for me, I pretty much stick to my star aviar because it feels good in my hand.

I really dont need all of this, but my back seems to love hauling discs around.
Let the flaming on my bag flaws begin :) Simplify, overlaps, too much disc, yadda, yadda, yadda

20, with 4 putters, 4 midranges, and the rest drivers of one kind or another. I have 4 different molds where I have 2 discs of each.

Champ Katana (new) 175
Star Katana (slight wear) 175
CFR glow Xcaliber (new) 175
Star Xcaliber (moderately worn) 175
1st run Star Destroyer (moderately worn) 175
Star Desroyer (worn in) 169
Star Sidewinder (some wear) 175
Glow CFR 11x Firebird (newish) 175
Opaque 11x Firebird (worn)
Soon to have: goldline striker (new) 175
Opto Striker (new) 169
Star Leopard (some wear) 170
Pro Leopard (worn) 175
Flx Buzzz (new) 176
Flx Buzzz (worn) 176
Ace Race ESP Meteor (new) 175
Ace Race ESP Meteor (new) 175
Pro-d Zone (slight wear) 175
Pro-d Zone (worn) 161
R-Pro Dart (worn) 172
R0pro Dart (new) 175

Last edited:
As everyone else, I love to break out my bag...here is the current line up;

2 Force - 1 Z / 1 X
2 Nuke - 2 ESP
2 Surge - 2 Z

3 Predator - 1 ESP / 2 Z
1 Tracker - ESP
1 Stalker - Z
1 XL - ESP

1 Glide - Z
1 Buzzz - Z
1 Wasp - Z
1 Drone - FLX

3 Challenger - 2 FLX / 1 Z

That is 19 discs / 12 molds

I loves me some disc!

I carry 20, but they consist of 12 molds.

3 putters - 1 mold
3 mids - 2 molds (though the Wasp is my "Windy Buzzz")
14 drivers - 7 molds

I throw about 80% of my shots with three different molds.

This has changed. I'm at 12 discs right now.

[2] Ions
[3] Buzzz
[5] PD
[2] Xcaliber

I'll probably add another Ion and a XXX once I get some more cash.

Star Boss, Long RHBH S-turns
Pro Katana Distance Hyzers
CE Beast, Long RHBH S-turns
Star XCal, Long RHBH S-turns
ESP Avenger Long RHBH Straights
CE Eagle, Dont ever throw it, but its just in the bag.
2 Sirius Orion Long RHBH Straights
Champ Orc Headwind RHBH
Champ Grove RHFH Hyzers
Champ Monarch RHFH Straights, RHBH Annys
JLS RHBH Annys
Champ Valk (150) Big Hyzer Spikes
Star Mako Primary Mid Disc
Z Buzzz When I need some turn on my Mid
3 Rocs, Still learning them, everyone says they are great, not so much for me.
VERY Beat DX Cobra, Short spike hyzers
Aviar P&A DX putter
Aviar Star P&A putter
DX Hydra, putter, water shots
ESP Focus, putter
DX Birdie, putter

I am a horrible putter, still trying to find something that works for me, I pretty much stick to my star aviar because it feels good in my hand.

I really dont need all of this, but my back seems to love hauling discs around.
Let the flaming on my bag flaws begin :) Simplify, overlaps, too much disc, yadda, yadda, yadda

Whoa....

What's your max distance? Realistically and your average, not a single occurrence freaky tailwind drive.

1) Ditch the Katana and get a Heavy Champ Boss. You're already familiar with the mold, and the Katana should be used as the S turn disc and not a distance hyser. If you aren't throwing 325-350', downgrade from the Boss also. Actually, if you aren't throwing this far on average (and I stress this), get rid of all of your super fast plastic for now, because a lot of these discs will be covering up bad form due to their inherent stability/overstability.

2) If you're using a Star XCal for S turns (should be hyser spikes and headwinds), the Katana and Groove for long hysers (should be s turns/annys and , and Valk for hyser spikes, you've definitely got things backwards. It's likely that you have some big OAT problems, and need to seriously downgrade to fairway drivers and learn how to throw them accurately and long. A Teebird and Leopard would be great, and the Leo would do a decent job as showing OAT issues because you'll turn and burn it if that's the case.

3) Zero fairway drivers equals big problems (except the Eagle, which you said you don't throw). Get a TB, Leo/Cheetah, and a Banshee. Or you could just start using the Eagle that you have in your bag. Use the TB for long straight drives, the Leo/Cheetah for S turns and annys, and the Banshee for hyser spikes and headwinds. Once you are getting the TB/Eagle out to 350-375' on a flat line drive (or slight S with the Eagle), pick up some of the slower distance drivers (Beast, Valk) again. Also, make sure you are throwing the discs as they are intended to be thrown; so, don't throw the Leo for hyser spikes, the Banshee for S turns, and the TB for annys.

4) Pick a versatile Mid, (try the Roc or Buzzz) and throw only that disc as your mid. If you are using the Mako as your straight mid, but the Buzzz as the understable mid, that's doesn't quite fit. You should be able to turn your Mako over much easier than your Buzzz. But with some umphh and OAT, the Buzzz will turn over quite easily. But you can also use the Buzzz for hyser shots, etc. Get experienced with one mid, and that's honestly all you will need.

5) Same as #4 for your putter. Pick one, or buy a new one (my recommendation would be a Wizard or Warlock) and use only that one disc for your putting and drives with a putter. Speaking of that, are you driving with a putter? Doing some field work driving putters will help diagnose any problems with your drives that you may be having. I feel the best disc that you could use for this purpose would be a neutral putter such as a Magic.

I just rearranged my bag yesterday after giving some thought to which discs I honestly use all the time, and which discs I carry as "pacifiers".

3 Teebirds - A new 11x glow Champ Teebird for absolutely straight drives out to 400-415', a beaten Champ that flies beautifully with little effort that I'll use for anny drives out to 450', and an Echo Star that glides amazingly and forms great S lines.

2 Leopards - A new Glow Champ X-Out that I'm wearing in, and a beaten Champ.

1 Banshee/or Firebird - For headwinds, overhead, and forehand drives.

2 Buzzzes - Z and ESP, with the ESP being slightly more stable.

1 Stingray

Pig/Wizard/Magic combo - Covers all of my putter needs. I may decrease this down to 2 after some more use.

1 Nuke or Halo - For any drive that I can't reach with my Teebirds. I'll rarely pull this disc out.

I've ditched the Stingray, as I am getting used to manipulating the Buzzz for anny routes and hyser shots.

Pig is also out, and the Nuke is in a side pocket and rarely, if ever gets pulled out and utilized. I'm thinking of taking my Magic out and replacing it with a beaten in sloppy SSS Wizard that is now understable.

So, I'm carrying 10 discs currently (11 if you count the rare Nuke appearance), and 6 molds.

This is it:

Drivers
Star Wraith
Surge SS
Pro Starfire
Force
Crush

Fairway Driver
Z Stalker

Midrange
Buzz
Wasp
Coyote

Putters
176 Soft Magnet
Pro D Challenger
173 Soft Magnet

The only thing I add is if I am playing a course with water, I will throw in a Dragon and Hydra. If is a course I might loose a disc, I will thrown in some trash discs.

100_0092.jpg

Oh, what the hell.

Distance:
171 GL Halo (165 opto Halo on trial)

Fairway:
175 C-EX (workhorse)
165 S-EX (controlled D)
172 SPD (If I need long and straight)
171 Z Pred (OH/headwind/FH, xXx on trial b/c I can't FH Pred.)
172 Star TL (Understable, might replace w/ a beat DX Eagle one day)
170 Glow Z Stalker (My long, wooded, fairway mid)

Midranges:
(3) ESP Nebula (176,173,166) - workhorses
176 Z Comet (Finesse mid)
(2) Ions (approaches/tight woods)

Putters:
175 S Magic (most putts)
175 SSS Magic (anny putts/steep greens)

= 15 discs and 10 molds. Not too bad. I'm trying to lessen my fairway molds a bit but it's getting there.

I Usually only run about 5 right now, but want to get up to around 7 or 8... (need putters...badly)

Generally

Sidewinder
Valk
Roc
Teerex
Junk Disc- LS polaris this week

I'd rather know my few discs really well, than have a lot of discs i'm not 100% confident with

Latest posts