• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many members are in your local disc golf club?

randomatt

Bogey Member
After seeing a few posts on the growth of disc golf, I wondered how big an average disc golf club is.

How many members are in your local disc golf club and where are you?

Steamboat Area Disc League: 35 members, small town in the middle of nowhere.

Our disc golf club is dying. No more weekly's.

It's a good thing disc golf is a sport for the individual, and everyone tries to have a cool club with a cool name.

Last edited:
Motor City Chain Gang had 139 paid members for 2013 season(which I believe is the club's 24th year), but non-members care welcome to play as well: 161 non members joined us for at least one round, and a good number of those are regulars, who simply don't feel like paying the league fee (which basically gets you a sweet custom stamp disc, custom tee and reduced weekly league fee). Average attendance for league nights was 116.

Last edited:
I'd estimate Charleston, WV's around 30. However, the average turnout to doubles is 8-16. And just as another informative statistic, our tournaments usually have 40-60 players.

If I am right the closest disc golf club to Concord, NC is the Charlotte club. As far as I know there is nothing available in Cabarrus County. Wouldn't mind if there was though, I'm used to playing on a college campus with friends and would like to find some people to play with now that I am out of school.

Lol I think our club has about 30-35 members and only 5-10 regulars max. Crappy thing about that is we have more than 100,000 ppl in our state capital and I regularly see non club members play.

Newton, IA club has around 30 (that's just a guess), but it may be less now. Some people in the club weren't happy about how the league was being run, so they cut out and started their own. I don't think they've had more than 7 or 8 at one time. They were real jerks about it though, playing on the same night with a group of 7 so they could slow us all down. We'll see how it shakes out next year.

Hamilton Disc Golf Union (TheHDGU.com) had 64 last year, 34 so far this year. Our membership fee is $20. Perks for becoming a member $2 off entry to tournaments, $3 off at one of our Sponsors, 10% off at a online shoe Co.

A lot of courses in our area have league nights, where it really depends on who shows up that night. Some of those courses also have clubs. I have no idea how many people are in them. My buddy decided to start our own group. A club is too formal of a title for us. It costs $5 for the bag tag, and $5 for our handicap league. I think we have around 30 of us.

Not sure how many members, but I know we gave out 300 bag tags the last few years. Surely a bunch more that don't have tags.

If I am right the closest disc golf club to Concord, NC is the Charlotte club. As far as I know there is nothing available in Cabarrus County. Wouldn't mind if there was though, I'm used to playing on a college campus with friends and would like to find some people to play with now that I am out of school.

Join the crowd out At Bradford. We're still the CDGC but kind of off in th distance

Newton, IA club has around 30 (that's just a guess), but it may be less now. Some people in the club weren't happy about how the league was being run, so they cut out and started their own. I don't think they've had more than 7 or 8 at one time. They were real jerks about it though, playing on the same night with a group of 7 so they could slow us all down. We'll see how it shakes out next year.

Get ready to rumble!