• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many molds/discs do you carry?

How many molds do you carry?

• Total voters

skurf

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just curious how many different molds everyone carries in their bag. Not even sure myself...let's see...

Challenger (2)
Zone
Stratus
Buzzz
Wasp
Glide
XS (2)
Teebird (2)
Surge SS
Destroyer (3)
Firebird
Flick

So, 12 molds with 17 discs for me. The only overlap I really see is the Stratus and Glide (although the Glide is a bit longer), but I don't like throwing my Stratus through super-tight woods because it's X plastic and is already plenty understable without help from the trees so I give those duties to my Glide since it's Z plastic.

Rhyno (3)
Rocs (4)
Leapard
Whipper-X
Roadrunner
Sidewinder
Valkyrie
Firebird
Beast
Monster
Wraith (3)
Destroyer
XCaliber
Katana
Boss

Last edited:
Used to carry about 12 and about 20 discs. Realized that I didn't need it. I've been pruning it back for the last few months. Now I'm down to:

Voodoo (1 to 4)
Roc (2 to 4)
Gazelle (2 to 4)
Whippet (1)
Orion LF (1 to 3)
Valkyrie (1 to 2)
Beat Valkyrie roller disc (sometimes, rarely use)

Quantities cover a minimal bag to bigger bag. I may add one more mold, a big distance driver (Wraith,surge,etc) if I can get a worth distance gain, and make some substitutions, which will depend on distance coverage, especially in the fairway catagory. But I'm trying to get away from add, add, add when it's not necessary.

THe one advantage I've found is that I spend less time thinking about what disc to use and more time about what shot to make. Been playing much better, too.

I'm in the process of trimmin' my bag down to, but there are those certain discs that I use for only one shot or two, that I just can't get rid of.

I typically just use whats in my sig, but I got 3 others I am trying out right now, and if at least 1 of them doesnt make it, I will look for something else. Looking for a main FH driver

I carry lots of molds. I am still learning what is out there and deciding what I really like. I still have not thrown everything that is out there, so I will continue to do this. I am down to about 10 that I really like, but there are certain discs held for certain shots. So, I may end up carrying 15-18 in the long run, but I expect to be down to 12 molds over the long run some day.

I know the feeling of having a certain disc for a certain shot. One thing I have done is trying to throw 2-4 discs at the same shot, learning to shape the lines.

Hole 1 of my fav local course: I was certain that I had to have a Wasp. 180 ft a bit uphill, big fade hyzer (not a spike hyzer, though) around a small tree right in the middle of the fairway, with woods blocking any shot that is too deep. Parked it often. I've now made that shot using a Voodoo, Buzzz, Coyote, Roc, flat top Roc, Whippet, Predator. All under the same conditions.

Same concept for other holes, be it short, long, open, wooded, anny, hyzer...

Nothing wrong with experimenting. Part of the fun...but see what you can do with just a few choices by change line shapes and release angles. Your favorites will rise to the top.

Putters and Mids:
[3] Voodoo 175g
[2] Buzzz 178g
[1] Buzzz 177g
[1] Wasp 178g

Fairways:
[2] Teebird 170g
[2] Eagle-X 170g
[1] Flick 174g

Drivers:
[1] Predator 168g
[2] Predator 174g
[2] XCaliber 175
[1] Avenger SS 166g

9 Molds, 18 discs, though 2 of the molds (and thus 2 discs) are a roller and a utility, so for commonly thrown it would be 7 molds 16 discs. I'll be adding 2 Leopards and a Boss for evaluation this spring though.

Drivers:
Surge
Valk(x3)
Avenger SS
Vision

Fairway:
Eagle(x2)
Impact
Leopard

Approach:
Roc(x2)
Stingray(x2)

Putt/Driver
Wizard(x3)

2 Stalker
1-2 Gaz
1 Flick
1 CFR Archangel (noted as such since it is NOT a regular arch)
1 Gator
1 Demon
1 Core
1 Stingray (new addition, liking the turnover)
1 VP
1 Spike
1 Sinus AP

2 Viking, 1 Valk, 1 Sidewinder, 1 TL, 2 Buzzz, 1 Aviar, 1 Voodoo. Seven molds usually up to 12 discs in total.

My bag carries 9 disc's comfortably and I've only got 2 that are the same mold.

Viking (Champ)
Predator (ESP)
XL (Z)
Demon (S series)
Buzz (X)
Comet (X)
Banger GT (ESP/new)
Banger GT (D/beat)
APX (soft X)

I also have a beat up Pro Beast that is my roller but I don't always bring it along. The ESP Banger would get the boot if I did.

(2)Xcalibers both star 175g
(2) Bosses 1 star one XG both 175g
(2) SLs both star 172g and 169g
(1) Odyssey ULRD 175g
(1)Cro r-pro 175g
(1) Skeeter dx 171g
(1) Pig pro 171g
(2) Aviar pna r-pro 172g

Drivers:
Xcaliber
Assasin
Destroyer
Wraith (2)
Orc

Fairway:
Blaze
Sabre (1-2)

Driving Mid:
Cro (3 in different plastics)

Mids:
Element
Roc
Warrior
Panther
HPP Voodoo

Putter:
Organic Voodoo (2)

Some are specialty discs and will get pulled out of the bag at certain courses such as the Orc and Panther

Counting my putters, 10 (and 1 junk disc to throw on hole 15 @ riverside park, thats not included in the 10)