• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How the acorn grows to be a mighty oak?

Hey I just read this whole thread, and I never really thought how that your putting confidence circle is like quadrupedel or whatever by gaining 10 ft more of confidence. That just tells me I need to practice putting A LOT more. (I miss pretty much anything over 20 ft). Probably the most helpful thread I have read in several months on here.

Hey I just read this whole thread, and I never really thought how that your putting confidence circle is like quadrupedel or whatever by gaining 10 ft more of confidence. That just tells me I need to practice putting A LOT more. (I miss pretty much anything over 20 ft). Probably the most helpful thread I have read in several months on here.

Sweet, glad you liked it. I still don't throw far to this day, but I won our monthly bagtag challenge today with a 45. I made 10 birdies and one bogey because I can putt inside the circle. I could have just as easily missed a few of those 20+ footers, but I made them... because I practice those in my backyard when nobody else is around. Finished cutting the grass... putt for a few minutes. Checking the mail... putt a few. And so on, and so on... It really is such a huge part of scoring well. While all of the skills people talk about are important to learn if you want to improve and score well, putting is the most important. Putting is how we finish the hole, the round, and the tournament.

You are going to take more putts.

The question is do you want to take them while you are practicing on your own, or do you want to take them while you are playing a round that counts and they get added to your score. The choice is yours.

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed this. Just from reading I'm at intermediate level right now, but I'm working on the advanced concepts lol. I'm going to copy this thread to my notepad for some inspirational reading :).

I thoroughly enjoyed this. Just from reading I'm at intermediate level right now, but I'm working on the advanced concepts lol. I'm going to copy this thread to my notepad for some inspirational reading :).

Just don't get too far ahead of yourself. You need to continue to be inquisitive as an Intermediate player. You should always be watching and learning. If you settle into that "you are what you are" too soon, you will stunt your own growth as a player. Watch, ask, learn and you'll be rated adv soon enough. Good luck!

I love this thread. I have been playing this beautiful sport for just over 3 years now...but my game has only slightly improved over that time. Don't get me wrong....it has improved greatly in some regards (my best round ever is a -5), yet I still average around +5 on any given day. That being said, about two weeks ago I stumbled across the DGA DISCTORIAL video series. I have watched every highly rated video on form and technique on the web and am still inconsistent as all get out. The form and technique that Merle Witvoet shares in his video on drives has just absolutely CLICKED for me! Over the past two weeks I can ACTUALLY FEEL my game improving. In the past I would come out and drive great one night (feeling nice and loose, great arm movement and snap) and then the next night fall back into my old habits and try to fight my way out to no avail. However, over the past couple of weeks I am improving my drive on a nightly basis. I haven't shot anything higher than a +1 in a week and having good drives has greatly increased my confidence in putting allowing me to hit some from pretty deep. This is great! Hooray for disc golf!

I just wanted to take a second and say goodbye here. I feel like this thread was the best thing I was able to contribute to the users on this site. Discgolf is an awesome game, and for an IT guy like me; being outside in nature was always the #1 draw. I appreciate all the friends I made along the way, and all the good times we shared. My decision to spend my time now on things other than throwing discs through the air is purely a personal decision. The game itself is great! I just need to spend my time right now on other things. I'm sure that I will enjoy playing again someday; but for now, the days of slowRoll posting, practicing, and competing on a weekly basis are over.

It is important to me that I thank those of you that were actually friends to me here (you know who you are). Your encouragement and kind words always meant a great deal to me. There are so many people walking around completely dead inside today in this world. I'm thankful to have had the chance to meet some of you warm souls along the way. :hfive:

Remember what really matters. Of course the world will hate us. We do not belong to it. We belong to him, and we are just passing through. GOD bless you all, and may the love of our lord and savior Jesus Christ be with you all the days of your lives. slowRoll out...

I just wanted to take a second and say goodbye here. I feel like this thread was the best thing I was able to contribute to the users on this site. Discgolf is an awesome game, and for an IT guy like me; being outside in nature was always the #1 draw. I appreciate all the friends I made along the way, and all the good times we shared. My decision to spend my time now on things other than throwing discs through the air is purely a personal decision. The game itself is great! I just need to spend my time right now on other things. I'm sure that I will enjoy playing again someday; but for now, the days of slowRoll posting, practicing, and competing on a weekly basis are over.

It is important to me that I thank those of you that were actually friends to me here (you know who you are). Your encouragement and kind words always meant a great deal to me. There are so many people walking around completely dead inside today in this world. I'm thankful to have had the chance to meet some of you warm souls along the way. :hfive:

Remember what really matters. Of course the world will hate us. We do not belong to it. We belong to him, and we are just passing through. GOD bless you all, and may the love of our lord and savior Jesus Christ be with you all the days of your lives. slowRoll out...

Damn, the tree was on it's way until the ice storm hit. Hopefully it re-sprouts.

Just felt like bumping an awesome thread that some of the newer people on here could benefit from reading.

Latest posts