• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I don't understand Disc Golf Par

I do both. Outside of tournaments, I scorekeep by "all-par-3".

I recognize par-4s & par-5s. 500-700'. Our private course has several; we have it listed as par-62 (with an SSA of about 60). I play those holes as par-4s & 5s; satisfied with par, happy with 3s & 4s as birdies. (I'll save space and skip mentioning how we determine those pars).

But when we play there, we score over/under 3 ("all-par-3") out of habit.

If you ask me what I shot, I'll give you my total. Between myself and my brothers, I'll give it based on how high over 54.

It all works.

Someone have some balls and say par is always 3. I already had a thread about this that went total flame war about a month ago. :popcorn:

Your definition of "Par" is out of line with how the world sees and defines "Par" and so is your definition of "Flame"......not to mention "total flame war". This is assuming you are referring to the thread that was mainly you and me going back and forth.

Tallpaul says he is heading to wMI next weekend and hanging with you and Juke. He is a great guy and a cool customer as I found out this last weekend hanging with him and crashing his pad. Hope you have a great time.....and maybe he will confirm that I am not the opinionated flame war jerk you seem to think I am. :)

Okay, I'll fully accept pars over three but it would have to come with par twos. The whole two putts thing I feel hurts the legitimate points of varied par.

...I play all par threes. The only reason I do that is because its easier to remember and tally my total if I'm adding/subtracting a low number from 54 rather than keeping a running total the whole way.

Exactamundo! I have too much short-term memory loss while playing disc golf to remember the total throw count. If I just make every hole par 3, then keeping track is a breeze, and if I want to know the total count at the end it is simply 3*number holes + score relative to par. Very simple.

9 out of 10 players I play with on the course do exactly the same thing.

We don't need it! We have legit courses, players, and tournaments

Right on!!!

He must have some kind of magical disc to shoot a 700 ft + hole that doglegs twice with a fairway that you can piss across...and shoot a 3.
Must be that new ninja huh?

I don't know. Maybe he just hasn't been to TX. Quite unlike the pitch-and-putt courses I'm sure he's used to.

(just one of many par 4's and 5's I've seen here in TX....again, legit. The one I mention is at Gateway West)

Last edited: