• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have a Stalker! Almost...

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
I saw the sweet Discraft ad for the Stalker.
It's like a long buzzz?
It's Z plastic, what can I expect?
The only discraft I have now is Reaper Avenger (both Z)
and FLX Drone.
Straighter than Avenger and Reaper?
Which Innova would it compare to?
Thanks!

Really a great disc. It is the straightest flying true distance driver I've thrown. Has enough high speed stability that you can really let it rip without fear of turning it over, and just the slightest low speed fade at the end of flight. I can't really compare it to anything I've thrown from innova. It has a fairly high dome, shallow rim, and large diameter. It felt a little weird in my hand at first because it is so drastically different than the other distance drivers out there, but I got used to it fairly quickly.

My buddy throw both Innova and discrap. He has a TL and got a stalker to try it. He got rid of it because he says the TL is the same. To me, never throwing one, it looks to be a little more overstable then a TL but I dont know.

The Stalker and the TL are not the same. For one, the Stalker is a larger diameter disc. A Buzz with a little more D would be quite accurate.

Its also not a distance driver.

I have the first run Z Stalker and been throwing it for about 2 months. Its a nice disc. A good low and straight flyer. It doesn't have a ton of distance but it works very well for tunnel shots.

If it's a fairway driver that flies like a buzzz... then it's basically a storm? lol. I was expecting it to be a distance driver, not a fairway driver.

The Stalker and the TL are not the same. For one, the Stalker is a larger diameter disc. A Buzz with a little more D would be quite accurate.

For me a TL is a roc with a little more D. And since the roc and buzz are close then the comparision is the same. According to my Discrap friend said the same thing and watching him throw it I agree. Just adding my two cents

Its funny; I dont see it on Joes Flight Chart?

None the less; I got an ESP comming so I will find out.

I liked the Stalker so much after the first round I threw it, I replaced my Z XL with it and bought another one. It is the PERFECT utility disc. If I could only play with one disc, it would be the Stalker. I know, most folks would say Roc or Buzzz, but I can't get a solid 350 out of my mid's. I can out of the Stalker. Plus, its' fade and flight is so gentle, it seems as if it shouldn't be able to glide as far as it does.

Its funny; I dont see it on Joes Flight Chart?
Well, its kind of new. They probably haven't updated the chart yet.

I have six of them already, including three tourney stamped ones.

Attachments

• Stalkers.jpg
    Stalkers.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 19
The Stalker can get some good distance ... its got some nice glide action and holds a nice tight line. I have a first run 173 and a Glow Z 170 both of which I can put out as far as almost any other driver I've got.

I agree that the TL and Sralker appear to be differrent discs, but I've heard several people draw comparisons in that they fly vey similarly. Not really familiar with either....yet.

I have a hard time calling something I can get 400+ out of consistently a "fairway driver". It doesn't go as far as some of the other discs in my bag, but it can get a lot of distance in a relatively straight line, so you don't need as much open space for it to work it's magic than some of the max distance drivers. It isn't going to be setting any distance records, but it also doesn't need the left/right room to work that others do for distance. Think of it more like a controlled long distance driver, but not a max distance driver.

Last edited:
ditto, i'd add its "stable" like the buzz
holds a snap without flippin over, great straight line, does fade more than a buzzz, but i think thats a given for any driver when compared to a mid, easy to throw though, seems forgiving to "human errors"
i didnt notice it being bigger... its definately not superclass big

Latest posts