• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have your frisbee!

Jaysus

Double Eagle Member
Well, this is certainly random. I got two emails yesterday about a sweet pink zWasp that I lost in April 2011. I find it both bizarre and hilarious at the same time.

First Email:
Subject: I have your frisbee!
To: Me

It is currently on a cross country post-grad rock climbing trip being used as a plate. This is your mid-range driver in a Colorado parking lot!
photo-1.jpg

Second Email:
Subject: I have your frisbee: #2
To: Me

Me and your mid ranger driver are in New Mexico enjoying the view and heading towards Texas!
photo-2-1.jpg

I congratulated her, wished her well on her trip, and asked for more photos... I wonder if I will get my disc back at some point?!?

Ha ha that's funny.

Not to thread jack but the same thing happened to me as well. I lost this one in the gulf near Pensacola.

"Hey! Does this look familiar??"

I got it back and they didn't even want shipping money. There are good people out there!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,218
In 2004ish, a buddy of mine had a Firebird that he threw all the time. Well he lost it one day and another buddy found it.

Instead of returning it, he got some construction paper and made the disc have a face and arms and everything and then tied to walls and chairs and such as a hostage.

He then would post on our local message board under a new account posting pics of the disc and where they were and asking ransom for the disc. There were photos of the disc on the ledge of bridges, outside fireplaces, under water, etc. It went on for about 2 months. Good times

There were photos of the disc on the ledge of bridges, outside fireplaces, under water, etc. It went on for about 2 months. Good times

:lol: that's great!

One thing about this that I do find a bit ironic, is that I always keep a disc handy in my car for my daughter to use as a plate while driving. She is currently using an unthrown Ice Bowl Roc.

Also, no idea how that Wasp got from Central PA to Texas - lol

lol thats great.. i hope you do get it back though.. think its funny its a girl too I would just kinda assume it was a dude

you should let he know that if she is going to use it as a plate she should turn it with the rim facing up, works better!

A 3rd email just arrived:

Subject: #3
To: me
Me and the plate/frisbee are replacing a broken water bottle and faulty (SCARY!) belay devices in Dallas, TX today!

photo-3-1.jpg

This is fun!