• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think my wife is now hooked

Thats awesome for you! So it all started with a custom disc for her right? I thought about that but she would prob just yell at me for buying another disc eventhough it would be for her.

Thats awesome for you! So it all started with a custom disc for her right? I thought about that but she would prob just yell at me for buying another disc eventhough it would be for her.

That's not a problem I would have...but getting her to throw it...yeah right..

\/\/

Remember when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball for her birthday with his name engraved on it? It almost ruined their marriage.

double edged sword

You might have this problem. My gf and I started together and play together every week as often as we can. She plays from the shorter tees. Our skill levels have become pretty close to one another. This means since she's playing at a considerable distance advantage on some holes. Now she's starting to routinely whup my a$$. :eek: For example I played a respectable +2 on Sunday. But she was -4. We tied at -1 yesterday. And if she ever developes a consistent turnover or anhyzer I'm toast.

But it's all good. Her improvement just pushes me harder. And I love the fact we can play at an even skill level. It keeps her interested and she is an enabler for my addiction. win/win :D

You might have this problem. My gf and I started together and play together every week as often as we can. She plays from the shorter tees. Our skill levels have become pretty close to one another. This means since she's playing at a considerable distance advantage on some holes. Now she's starting to routinely whup my a$$. :eek: For example I played a respectable +2 on Sunday. But she was -4. We tied at -1 yesterday. And if she ever developes a consistent turnover or anhyzer I'm toast.

But it's all good. Her improvement just pushes me harder. And I love the fact we can play at an even skill level. It keeps her interested and she is an enabler for my addiction. win/win :D
That's really cool. Has she entered any tournaments?

That's really cool. Has she entered any tournaments?

Nah, neither of us has. Although she has no reason to be, she gets very self conscious around other golfers. I'd like to give one or 2 a whirl and probably wil next year. Hopefully I can convince her to try as well.

Nah, neither of us has. Although she has no reason to be, she gets very self conscious around other golfers. I'd like to give one or 2 a whirl and probably wil next year. Hopefully I can convince her to try as well.
I see tournaments all the time where in some of the lady's divisions you basically just have to show up to win.

I see tournaments all the time where in some of the lady's divisions you basically just have to show up to win.

That certainly makes sense based on the % of women to men you see on a regular basis. I think I'll mention that next time the subject comes up.

My wife typicallly plays up to MA3 even though she's an advanced female, just to have someone to play against. A big field for her is more that two other people.

My wife loves to play, but with 5 kids, when we all go, rarely does she get to complete 18...shoot she didn't even get to finish the little 9 hole at Charles Mill cause once we went past the playground, 4 of the kids wanted to quit golfing and play on the slide!
I can't wait until the oldest can babysit! I think my wife and I might end up with a weekly DG date!

My wife loves to play, but with 5 kids, when we all go, rarely does she get to complete 18...shoot she didn't even get to finish the little 9 hole at Charles Mill cause once we went past the playground, 4 of the kids wanted to quit golfing and play on the slide!
I can't wait until the oldest can babysit! I think my wife and I might end up with a weekly DG date!

Our oldest is 13 and has watched the other 2 a few times now while me and the fiance. It's been nice but I am sure its because the younger 2, who normally play, just are not as interested with it being colder out lately.

My wife typicallly plays up to MA3 even though she's an advanced female, just to have someone to play against. A big field for her is more that two other people.
Congrats on beating her by a couple strokes last weekend. ;) :p

one thing I notice when I see women players is that they tend to not have any approach at all. They stand still n just focus on the twisting n release. is this common for most women playing?

one thing I notice when I see women players is that they tend to not have any approach at all. They stand still n just focus on the twisting n release. is this common for most women playing?

I've seen some start out playing that way but if they have the desire to become better they will typically develop a run-up.

The "stand and release" is a good starting point for anyone, not just the girls.

Latest posts