• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think my wife is now hooked

That is awesome, very happy for you MB. Start slow, wait on the forums imo.

Seriously though, that is really great to hear. I know you've said you both were stressed out due to things in your life in previous threads, this might just help you both out. DG has always been my stress reliever :D

My wife came with me twice. Once the place was a mosquito heaven and it was just miserable. The second time we just did nine and she ended up doing a lot of throw, pick the disc up and walk twenty feet, and throw again. Heck, most of the time she never even putted.

I'm still going to work on her, but I'll need to bring her to a nice easy family friendly course.

My wife shocked my Sunday evening. She said out of the blue, that she wanted to go to the practice field and throw some discs. I almost drove off the road , because I was so shocked. It was her birthday, and I had decided to not even bring up disc golf in fear of getting yelled at, because I tend to talk about it all the time.

I told her, "thats cool" and we went home to get the gear and head out . I set up the practice basket, and brought several discs and putters for her to try. She already had a Star Stingray that I had custom dyed for her about a year ago, in an attempt to get her to start playing.

I started her with putting, and she seemed to be the best with a Soft Magnet. She is actually pretty damn consistent with it from 25ft in. We then worked on some drives. I was proud of her, because she did exactly what I said. I have seen most newbies throw from their waist and throw straight up in the air, but she threw across her chest and made some fairly straight drives. I gave here a 150 Polaris and here Star Stingray. She threw the Stingray about 100ft and the Polaris about 125ft. I was surprised, and she said she was having a blast.

Today, she said she wanted to do some putting practice , so I set the basket up out front, and she went to making some putts. She then made me laugh. I asked her " So, what do you think?" She said "I am addicted to the sounds of the chains now, you son of a bitch. Damn you, now I am hooked on disc golf". All I could do is smile. She has to work this weekend, so we are going to try hit a course next week. I am a happy man.

you lucky bastard! i wish my wife would do that for me.

I think thats about the way it works. I had been trying to get my fiance into disc golf for years; even took her with me to the course one time and she was completely uninterested. Gave me dirty looks through 2 holes before I gave up when she was at the course.

Just this last summer, I hadnt been disc golfing and I am a guy that grew up always doing something and out of frustration I think I said something about how we need to get an outdoor hobby and she said "Well, what if we go disc golf?" I was shocked for a second but not much longer than that as I went to the garage and dusted off my bag ASAP.

She is now hooked as well.

My wife and I just finished our first tourney together and she had a blast so there is no turning back now!

Congrats to you. I can't even fathom not playing without my gf. We started together and I've played exactly once since I've started without her. We love the friendly competition with each other and it is the bomb to talk to her on an equal level about something we are both passionate about.

When I first started early this year, my girlfriend used to go with me. She would play as something to keep her busy, while I had my fun. She didn't enjoy it that much because she could never get much distance. She was, however, an amazing putter. Put her within 20' and it was going in. She would then come along and not play....and now doesn't come at all.

There is a course on middle school grounds in the town we just moved to. All of the holes are under 215' except one 303'. Bringing her here may ignite something, yet I'm not holding my breath.

My wife shocked my Sunday evening. She said out of the blue, that she wanted to go to the practice field and throw some discs. I almost drove off the road , because I was so shocked. It was her birthday, and I had decided to not even bring up disc golf in fear of getting yelled at, because I tend to talk about it all the time.

I told her, "thats cool" and we went home to get the gear and head out . I set up the practice basket, and brought several discs and putters for her to try. She already had a Star Stingray that I had custom dyed for her about a year ago, in an attempt to get her to start playing.

I started her with putting, and she seemed to be the best with a Soft Magnet. She is actually pretty damn consistent with it from 25ft in. We then worked on some drives. I was proud of her, because she did exactly what I said. I have seen most newbies throw from their waist and throw straight up in the air, but she threw across her chest and made some fairly straight drives. I gave here a 150 Polaris and here Star Stingray. She threw the Stingray about 100ft and the Polaris about 125ft. I was surprised, and she said she was having a blast.

Today, she said she wanted to do some putting practice , so I set the basket up out front, and she went to making some putts. She then made me laugh. I asked her " So, what do you think?" She said "I am addicted to the sounds of the chains now, you son of a bitch. Damn you, now I am hooked on disc golf". All I could do is smile. She has to work this weekend, so we are going to try hit a course next week. I am a happy man.
this is a great story.....i only wish i could get my wife out there too, maybe one day out of the blue I'll get a similar situation.

this is a great story.....i only wish i could get my wife out there too, maybe one day out of the blue I'll get a similar situation.

M wife loves DG because she can play it without having to be fast, jump high, etc. I am careful to pick courses she will enjoy. OK - easier courses. But she plays a lot now.

What if there were a sub-forum for Women DG'ers? timg?

My wife cracks me up. She is upset because its storming outside and she can't go out and do some disc golf practice.:D

My wife cracks me up. She is upset because its storming outside and she can't go out and do some disc golf practice.:D

Midnight, surely you and the Mrs. can find something to pass the time until you can get out and throw? Like Garublador always says, it's all about good technique. Once you have that down, rattling the chains is easy. :D

Kidding aside - good for you and Mrs. Midnight. Just wait till she starts beating you!

Midnight, surely you and the Mrs. can find something to pass the time until you can get out and throw? Like Garublador always says, it's all about good technique. Once you have that down, rattling the chains is easy. :D

It was raining the other day and we could't play outside, so we (cough,cough) stayed inside and played if you know what I mean.;)

Just wait till she starts beating you!

Mine has beaten me once at our local course. She throws from the reds and I throw from the blues but she got me by a stroke last time we played there. She was pretty happy....I was kinda pissed. ;)

I got my wife to come to league with me this summer, but was hoping she was more into it, so the stops on our long road trips every year werent just about me playing disc golf, maybe this year she will want to play more on our roadtrip to florida.