• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I think Val got burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought.....

Would anybody park in a spot that had a big sign on it that read..."No parking violaters MAY be towed"?

I used to work in the downtown area of the city I live in.

You'd be surprised how many people would park there.

Probably because of the word "may".

Great job by the TD and the PDGA to enforce. The top pros have been calling for this game to progress on the professional side.

Clearly this was the most pressing matter that is holding back progress.

Definitely not the same top pros who don't even know the rules of play.

So people just put their beer/alcohol in hydroflasks to circumvent the rule? Is this normal at large events?

I am just waiting for the right opportunity to put Wild Turkey and diet coke in the 1.5L water bladder of my H2O Ranger bag. Isn't that right 46YearOldSlinger?

So people just put their beer/alcohol in hydroflasks to circumvent the rule? Is this normal at large events?

It is normal from movie theaters to picnics in parks lol. Hell ive been behind the teepad at the majestic and asked if i wanted some salad...

No smoking or drinking at DeLa. It's a $50 fine if an officer catches someone. I had an officer walk up to my truck and was getting ready to ticket me for smoking. He said he saw smoke coming out of my truck. I picked up my aerosol can and simply sprayed some more sunblock on my arm. When he saw the mist come off, he simply said he was sorry and walked away. I love that story.

As a side note, all of the registered players received an email from Braden, the TD, that alcohol would not be permitted at DeLa before, during, or after one's round under penalty of DQ. Needless to say, there was quite a bit of hydroflasking going on anyway. Val was the only one to get nailed.

This provides some important context. Thank you

No smoking or drinking at DeLa. It's a $50 fine if an officer catches someone. I had an officer walk up to my truck and was getting ready to ticket me for smoking. He said he saw smoke coming out of my truck. I picked up my aerosol can and simply sprayed some more sunblock on my arm. When he saw the mist come off, he simply said he was sorry and walked away. I love that story.

As a side note, all of the registered players received an email from Braden, the TD, that alcohol would not be permitted at DeLa before, during, or after one's round under penalty of DQ. Needless to say, there was quite a bit of hydroflasking going on anyway. Val was the only one to get nailed.

So after a quick google search I discovered a hydroflask is what i have always called a water bottle. I guess they can charge more if they give it a fancy sounding name.

So after a quick google search I discovered a hydroflask is what i have always called a water bottle. I guess they can charge more if they give it a fancy sounding name.

They charge for the fancy water bottle more so than the name. It's super insulated or something. It's the kind of thing that is all the rage until fifty other companies come out with their own copies of it and flood the market and suddenly it's not so special. Pretty sure the fifty other companies are already there, really.

Ya know, I used to think we had a weed problem, now I'm thinkin' we have a drinking problem. Gummys anyone?

I got one o' them hydroflasks. It was soft and plastic and was in the bottled water section in my convenience store. It came pre-filled too.

They charge for the fancy water bottle more so than the name. It's super insulated or something. It's the kind of thing that is all the rage until fifty other companies come out with their own copies of it and flood the market and suddenly it's not so special. Pretty sure the fifty other companies are already there, really.

I bought two hydroflasks a couple years ago for disc golf and fishing. They truly work as advertised....ice in my drink after hours in the sun and coffee hot for hours in the boat.
Never tried any others, but I'd certainly purchase another hydroflask.

Status
Not open for further replies.