• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I don't even know what to call the Whippet I like to throw. It could be called the Whippet L, maybe just the Whippet?

I think any DX circle stamp Whippet from the 90's will be the original Whippet Mold. After that I'm not sure.

Actually I'm not 100% sure about the first part either. I think if you find circle stamped Whippets, they are most likely going to be the old mold.

Pretty sure the old mold was gone by 98 or so. I would imagine there are circle stamps from the late 90's that are the second mold.

Pretty sure the old mold was gone by 98 or so. I would imagine there are circle stamps from the late 90's that are the second mold.

Was the old mold the X mold? I have two Non circle stamp DX PFN Non Whippets X's bought 6 years ago and have seen any anywhere since. I'm totally confused as to when they were ran/and for how long.

Not sure what this is. I can see what appears to be 167 on the upper part of nipple and the only letter I can see is a L on the bottom. My first thought was a beast but the L has me confused.

Attachments

• IMG_20170226_212619.jpg
    IMG_20170226_212619.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20170226_212648.jpg
    IMG_20170226_212648.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20170226_212926.jpg
    IMG_20170226_212926.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 41
Not sure what this is. I can see what appears to be 167 on the upper part of nipple and the only letter I can see is a L on the bottom. My first thought was a beast but the L has me confused.

I'd say by looking at it that its a Leopard.

With a notch int he wing like that and a blunt-ish nose I'd guess Firebird. Could be Eagle-X or Teebird as well. Depends on width of the rim.

I don't think is a leopard either I don't see the notch near where a bead would be. I was thinking maybe a Eagle L but my phone screen is like 4.5" so is very hard to see for me. Someone with a monitor would be able to see it better. Wing doesn't look wide enough to be a Valkyrie I couldn't be wrong though.

I don't think is a leopard either I don't see the notch near where a bead would be. I was thinking maybe a Eagle L but my phone screen is like 4.5" so is very hard to see for me. Someone with a monitor would be able to see it better. Wing doesn't look wide enough to be a Valkyrie I couldn't be wrong though.

It's not an Eagle-L as there is a clearly defined notch in the bottom wing near the outer edge of the rim.

It's not an Eagle-L as there is a clearly defined notch in the bottom wing near the outer edge of the rim.

I am not seeing the notch like on my Eagle X on my small phone picture. It definitely looks more gradual like the L mold. He could just throw it harder fading X less fade L

I am not seeing the notch like on my Eagle X on my small phone picture. It definitely looks more gradual like the L mold. He could just throw it harder fading X less fade L

LmhRZNB.png

Your right looks like a Eagle x now my bad. I need one of those fancy big phones at tax time much easier to watch golf on also.

Your right looks like a Eagle x now my bad. I need one of those fancy big phones at tax time much easier to watch golf on also.

Latest posts