• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

It's probably an Ontario Roc.

Does it have a bead?
Probably. The Ice Bowl Rocs were Ontarios from '95-'97. I actually have a random weirdo '98 Ice Bowl Ontario, but all the rest of them were Ranchos that year.

There would have been Cobras and Vipers that would have had the Roc diameter in '95. Most people can tell a Viper from a Roc but the Cobra trips people up all the time. Both the Ontario Roc and Ontario Cobra have two-line Ontario tooling. The easiest way to tell them apart if you are not familiar with them is the zip in the tooling address. The O Roc zip code ends with the "1" under the "S" in "discs" while the Cobra tooling spreads out more and the "1" at the end of the zip code is under the space between "discs," and "Inc."

Interesting I'm looking at it now. On one side it says

"ONTARIO CAL. 91761, U.S.A"

then on the complete opposite side of the disc it says

"INNOVA-CHAMPION DISCS. INC."
"PATENT NO. 4,568,297"

the 7 is inbetween and below the "IN"

I tried following your method but it seems like there isnt a "1" anywhere near the "DISCS"

It has a small bead (90% sure)

thanks for the help!

Last edited:
What type of driver is this?

I found this Star Innova Driver at my local disc golf course today. It says Tanglewood 2014 on the front and has a DBZ character on it. The markings on the back have faded and I was curious if anyone knew what kind of disc it is?

Attachments

• image (8).jpg
    image (8).jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 21
I found this Star Innova Driver at my local disc golf course today. It says Tanglewood 2014 on the front and has a DBZ character on it. The markings on the back have faded and I was curious if anyone knew what kind of disc it is?

Can you post a profile pic of it, that would help a lot

Just based off of that pic, it kind of looks like a Vulcan, but that's tough to tell

Interesting I'm looking at it now. On one side it says

"ONTARIO CAL. 91761, U.S.A"

then on the complete opposite side of the disc it says

"INNOVA-CHAMPION DISCS. INC."
"PATENT NO. 4,568,297"

the 7 is inbetween and below the "IN"

I tried following your method but it seems like there isnt a "1" anywhere near the "DISCS"

It has a small bead (90% sure)

thanks for the help!
Innova with the patent underneath and Ontario on the other side is the Gazelle. The Pegasus I believe had the same tooling, but it came out after '95. I think you have yourself a Gazelle.

Random Disc found. NEED HELP!

Random Question: while looking for my disc that took an unfortunate kick off a tree today I found another disc. No writing on it what so ever. It's plain white and on the back it has innova's address stamped but that is it. I was just curious on what it could be? Any information is appreciated! Thanks!
955aed747037ac94128bf6b7cd1a1b1d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm, may need a little more info. Driver, mid? Profile pic. Right now it could be 1000 things

Thanks. I was just curious. Just got back into disc golf a few months ago. Only played here and there before this year. Just happened upon this disc while looking for mine and was curious about it.

Can you make out any pen markings on the underside and the middle? One should be a number and the others signify mold

Innova with the patent underneath and Ontario on the other side is the Gazelle. The Pegasus I believe had the same tooling, but it came out after '95. I think you have yourself a Gazelle.

Hmm so I just held up my gazelle 9x KC up to this 95' Icebowl and they seem very different. The icebowl has a bead that the gazelle doesn't and it is a overall smaller disc with the rim at a sharper and shorter angle (sorry dont know if im explaining it right).

I can also throw the 9x Gazelle 100 feet further than the Icebowl

Do you have any pictures of the underside of a pegasus? Couldn't find anything through google images.

Can you make out any pen markings on the underside and the middle? One should be a number and the others signify mold

Nope, only thing I can make out is Innova's address.

Hmm so I just held up my gazelle 9x KC up to this 95' Icebowl and they seem very different. The icebowl has a bead that the gazelle doesn't and it is a overall smaller disc with the rim at a sharper and shorter angle (sorry dont know if im explaining it right).

I can also throw the 9x Gazelle 100 feet further than the Icebowl

Do you have any pictures of the underside of a pegasus? Couldn't find anything through google images.
Forget the Pegasus. You can't tell a Pegasus from a Gazelle without calipers, they are almost identical. Also, it didn't exist in '94-'95.

When you say "it is a overall smaller disc" which disc are you referring to? The Gazelle in general is a small diameter disc, so if the Ice Bowl disc is noticeably smaller than the 9X KC you have that would be weird.

Also, does the tooling on your 9X KC match the tooling on the Ice Bowl disc?

What disc is this?

I found it with no name or number at my local disc golf course. On the front it has a tanglewood 2014 stamp. On the back where the weight and type of disc it is it is completely faded.

Its innova and star material.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image (8).jpg
    image (8).jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 9
  • disc1.jpg
    disc1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 13
  • disc2.jpg
    disc2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 15