• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Also on a Viper I think that would be the metalhead mold. Again not worth anything in that condition, but there was a time when a metalhead Viper was disc golf gold. That day was before CE, though. Anyway, still not worth anything, still cool.

So, while not being piles of cash, it'd be a cool disc to add to the PIF mystery box??

Seriously, people. Go VIP.

1994 Edgewood Electric "Face It" Cincinnati, Ohio tourney disc - Pictures

Hi all,

I'm cleaning out the house and ran across an Edgewood Electric "Face It" Cincinnati, Ohio "Disc Golf Heaven" disc. It's obviously a disc from a tournament, I suppose given to everyone who participated. The dates were July 2,3 1994 and looks like it was played at Mt. Airy and Banklick Woods. I picked this disc up years ago and forgot I had it. It looks brand new - does not appear it has been tossed a single time.

Anyone have any information on it? I have no idea what kind of disc it is - the patent goes back to an Eagle, however if I'm not mistaken, that is the patent on all/most discs. Trying to figure out what to do with it now! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 28
1994 Edgewood Electric "Face It" Cincinnati, Ohio tourney disc - Pictures

One more picture of the front without the glare...

Attachments

• IMG_1130.jpg
    IMG_1130.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 16
OK, so...

That disc is most likely Innova and is going to be DX plastic. It's going to be a Stingray or Cobra or some such thing.

There were no underside markings back then, just the weight penned on there. So if somebody says "check the marking" there isn't going to be anything to check.

Patent number means nothing, they all had it and it was the same number.

If it's a Stingray it will be easy to tell from the wing bevel, put I can't see the wing bevel in the side angle picture you posted. If it's a Cobra it will look like a Roc bevel. It could be something other than a Stingray or Cobra, as my eyesight is bad and all pictures look like a blob to me anyway.

The tooling on the underside of the flight plate is the easiest way for me to tell what disc it is. If you can get a picture of what the tooling looks like I can usually figure it out. Somebody else might figure it out beforehand though.

Sorry - last one! I don't see a way to edit my other post. Below is a link to the event on the PDGA website. I haven't played DG regularly in 13+ years, however this seems like it was a decently big event.

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/589

You might want to get on TheCincyDiscGolfers FB page. One of our locals might want it and give you a bit extra for it... Or maybe call the The Nati Disc Golf pro shop at Mt Airy and see if they may be or know anyone that might be interested.

You might want to get on TheCincyDiscGolfers FB page. One of our locals might want it and give you a bit extra for it... Or maybe call the The Nati Disc Golf pro shop at Mt Airy and see if they may be or know anyone that might be interested.
So far as value would go I'd echo this. It's just a DX golf disc, any value it has is probably a sentimental value to locals because the stamp is in very good condition.

Hi all,

I'm cleaning out the house and ran across an Edgewood Electric "Face It" Cincinnati, Ohio "Disc Golf Heaven" disc. It's obviously a disc from a tournament, I suppose given to everyone who participated. The dates were July 2,3 1994 and looks like it was played at Mt. Airy and Banklick Woods. I picked this disc up years ago and forgot I had it. It looks brand new - does not appear it has been tossed a single time.

Anyone have any information on it? I have no idea what kind of disc it is - the patent goes back to an Eagle, however if I'm not mistaken, that is the patent on all/most discs. Trying to figure out what to do with it now! :)

The disc is not a Stingay as they do not have a beaded inner edge of the wing. Whippet does not have a bead either so that leaves the Cobra.

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry for the delay! I've attached a couple of other pictures - forgive me, not sure what's the best angles to provide. i did notice that there is a weight written on it - 167.

Thank you for the information you've given so far! I'm definitely not looking to sell for tons of money...just feels too nice to add to the Goodwill pile. I was going to call Mt. Airy or Disc 'N Dat in Florence and see if either of them would have interest in it.

Let me know if you need to see anything else!

Attachments

• IMG_1193.jpg
    IMG_1193.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 22
Hi all, sorry for the delay! I've attached a couple of other pictures - forgive me, not sure what's the best angles to provide. i did notice that there is a weight written on it - 167.

Thank you for the information you've given so far! I'm definitely not looking to sell for tons of money...just feels too nice to add to the Goodwill pile. I was going to call Mt. Airy or Disc 'N Dat in Florence and see if either of them would have interest in it.

Let me know if you need to see anything else!

A bead so that is a Cobra as those do have a traditional bead to them unlike a Stingray with a bead at the nose edge on both the Star and DX and a Whippet with only the small nose bead on the DX model a now oop plastic for the Whippet. Innova still makes a Star Whippet X now in the limited run section for the Innova Disc Pro Shop.

Latest posts