• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

This site seems to be my last chance to get this gazelle identified. Thanks for your time.
Do you want to know about the stamp? The disc is just a 90's DX Gazelle; it has a nice custom stamp that I don't recognize.

Yes was just looking for stamp clarification. Just making sure it wasn't some kind of crazy proto stamp.

old gazelle

This site seems to be my last chance to get this gazelle identified. Thanks for your time.

id hold on to that one it looks like a no bead. they changed the mold.

there was gazelles that were 3/4 view, and gazelles that were half view, of the animal, on the stamp. one had a lip, one didnt.

Yes was just looking for stamp clarification. Just making sure it wasn't some kind of crazy proto stamp.
It's a cool stamp, but it's not an Innova stamp. It's a custom stamp somebody had done, no telling who. The one you have looks really nice with that rainbow foil, really sweet looking old Gazelle. It's not super valuable or anything, just cool.

Looks like a Super Stingray to me.

Most Super Stingray discs had a flat top to them, this looks like if anything a rare Ontario Stingray, something in the 2010's that was sold apart from the Rancho tooling in the limited section. I could be wrong and only the Champion Super Stingray was flat top.

This could also be a totally different mold like a King Cobra with wrong stamp on it.

I am lost with this disc.

Most Super Stingray discs had a flat top to them, this looks like if anything a rare Ontario Stingray, something in the 2010's that was sold apart from the Rancho tooling in the limited section. I could be wrong and only the Champion Super Stingray was flat top.

This could also be a totally different mold like a King Cobra with wrong stamp on it.

Super Stingrays are just Stingrays that use the Cobra top. The Star Stingray he posted clearly has the Cobra top.

I don't know, it's pretty stable. I mean, I don't throw that hard but yeah.

It does have the micro bead too. And not as sharp and concave as DX Stingrays I'm familiar with. Never know how things will turn out in premium vs DX though.

I don't know, it's pretty stable. I mean, I don't throw that hard but yeah.

It does have the micro bead too. And not as sharp and concave as DX Stingrays I'm familiar with. Never know how things will turn out in premium vs DX though.

The Disc should be more like a Glide or Skeeter in the current flight. At least that was how my dad's Champion flies. I am not sure on Star though.

Super Stingrays are just Stingrays that use the Cobra top. The Star Stingray he posted clearly has the Cobra top.

I read somewhere else that the Super mold included a small bead (mine has) and the more blunted nose (yep). Not sure about the top, but one way or another I think this ain't no regular stingray mold.

I read somewhere else that the Super mold included a small bead (mine has) and the more blunted nose (yep). Not sure about the top, but one way or another I think this ain't no regular stingray mold.
I've always thought the microbead was flashing.

It's the Stingray wing; sometimes there is a mircrobead, sometimes not. To me it makes a lot more sense that sometimes the mold pieces have a little gap leaving some flashing than they created an entirely separate Stingray wing with a microbead and then willy-nilly use it or don't use it with no rhyme or reason. Of course that's just my guess and I could be wrong.

The nose I could never tell if it was a difference in plastics or not; I was always comparing DX Stingrays to Champ Super Stingrays and even if the nose was the same mold it would be blunter in Champ than in DX. It's possible that there is a spacer in there to blunt up the nose, though.

The only thing I could ever for-sure tell about Super Stingrays was the Cobra top. That's easy to spot.

I've always thought the microbead was flashing.

It's the Stingray wing; sometimes there is a mircrobead, sometimes not. To me it makes a lot more sense that sometimes the mold pieces have a little gap leaving some flashing than they created an entirely separate Stingray wing with a microbead and then willy-nilly use it or don't use it with no rhyme or reason. Of course that's just my guess and I could be wrong.

The nose I could never tell if it was a difference in plastics or not; I was always comparing DX Stingrays to Champ Super Stingrays and even if the nose was the same mold it would be blunter in Champ than in DX. It's possible that there is a spacer in there to blunt up the nose, though.

The only thing I could ever for-sure tell about Super Stingrays was the Cobra top. That's easy to spot.

I will say that upon further inspection comparing the one I linked to a DX, a few things are apparent:

1. The star stingray has an actual microbead, but also had heinous flashing which I removed before taking that picture.

2. The shape of the wing in DX vs star is significantly different - more convex and blunt on the star vs DX. I also appreciate that DX vs star molds up differently, but this appears to go one step beyond.

3. I am actually the least confident in the differences in tops.

Either way, the star seems like it would be a cool mid if it wasn't made utterly redundant by the slew of other "straight stable" mids.

I wish Innova would make an actual 4/5/-3/1 mid in premium that actually turned when thrown at speed 4.

Help me figure out what disc this is, please :)

Picked this up at a random garage sale for $1. Has the Discraft Misprint tag on the under side. Feels like a 10 speed, seems to be fairly understable compared to an Undertaker or even a Valkyrie.
ZFlx_v_CryztalSparkleUndertaker.jpg

ZFlx.jpg

Attachments

• ZFlx_v_CryztalSparkleUndertaker.jpg
    ZFlx_v_CryztalSparkleUndertaker.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 21
  • ZFlx.jpg
    ZFlx.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 32
Pulled from a pile of discs dating to 02-06ish. I don't throw teebirds but it looks teebirdish compared to the DX one also in the pile.

Attachments

• 3A95074B-0597-4A56-B289-3F8FAF4E440B.jpg
    3A95074B-0597-4A56-B289-3F8FAF4E440B.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 24
  • 8DD9E856-202B-4CC9-944C-611DEC337FCD.jpg
    8DD9E856-202B-4CC9-944C-611DEC337FCD.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts