• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey dgcr,
got this Champion Edition Eagle from some guy at the course today.
I was wondering if there were two different molds of the CE Eagle like there
are for the CE Firebird (FX and FL). If so, is there anything that can distinguish
which mold of Eagle it is, like maybe a beaded or a curved lip.

Also,
what run of CE Eagle is it that is yellow? I know the Yellow/Green CE Firebird is a 5th run. Is that the same for Eagles?

Thanks.

bio3s2.jpg

The Eagle has an EL and an EX in the same way as the firebird. The EX will have a beadlike notch near the nose of the rim. The EL is straight lipped.

The Eagle has an EL and an EX in the same way as the firebird

I dont know if this would be considered a bead, but it does have a curvature
to the lip of the disc. I think i can see a "EX" on the back, its very faint but i
have faith. The X just means that its more over-stable then the EL?

395213_10150574083503968_662828967_10810505_1765152959_n.jpg

Voyager

It says Mattel sports on the front.

401454_10150574083288968_662828967_10810503_1238534713_n.jpg

386394_10150574082398968_662828967_10810499_1122026072_n.jpg

On the bottom it says :
INNOVA CHAMPION DISCS. INC. RANCHO CUCAMONGA CAL USA 91730

PATENT NO 4.568.297
That disc is a DX Polaris LS. They replaced it after a short time with the Voyager II, which was a DX Polaris LF. They were produced during the time that Mattel owned Wham-O (mid to late 90's.) Innova did all the manufacturing. There was also an Apollo, which was a slightly modified Cobra.

Yeah if the rim has a little curve it's an EX. That one looks like a 3rd run to me.

5th runs were almost all clearish colored or slightly opaque.

That guy looks more like an early run taffy.

how can you tell. i have seen a 1st that looked just like this? and how many runs of CE valks were there? if it helps at all. this one is SUPER stable.

There was never a first run CE Valk in pink.. They are all completely solid with no opaqueness also.

Only colors first run Valks came in were red, 3 or 4 different shades of blue, black and gold. (in order of rarity.)

Here's a couple

128814_g.jpg

133261_g.jpg

There were 5 runs of CE Valkyries, 1st, 2nd and 3rd were taffy and 4th and 5th were clear candy like yours.

I actually prefer the Candy ones for throwing because the Taffy ones just don't flip over that easy for me. I have one Taffy in my bag that's been in there for nearly 5 years I use for rollers. Thing kicks ass.

72765_g.jpg

Last edited:
Just got a pearly champion rhyno. Tooling says ontario and has a pat. Number on the bottom and top. Is this just a normal rhyno? Thanks

This is a straight lid with a thumbtrack. It is a premie weight at around 130 I believe and has the USDGC stamp on the front. I am guessing it is a Birdie, but I am not familiar with alot of old thumbtrack molds such as the Wolf, Puma or Piranha. Any help as to the mold or the year it was released would be appreciated.

68890_lg.jpg

I remember a few years ago, if you had a ticket to the USDGC you could turn it in the pro shop for a disc that looked like this. It wasn't a birdie, wolf, or any other thumbtrac disc innova makes. I don't think it is pdga approved either.

I also posted this in the what is this disc worth forum but I don't even know what this disc is. It has a t or x stamped on the bottom. It looks innova. Couldn't even find an ebay or anything on this little pinky.

I also posted this in the what is this disc worth forum but I don't even know what this disc is. It has a t or x stamped on the bottom. It looks innova. Couldn't even find an ebay or anything on this little pinky.

Do you have any photos bigger than a thumbnail?

Champ teebird was a player pack disc from that tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.