• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

If you could go back and tell yourself anything as a Disc Golf beginner...

To Young Beable I would say: it's great that you practiced Anhyzer throws so much when you played Ultimate, but put those aside for the majority of your disc golf throws. Learn to embrace the inside-out.

It's not about the power, it's about the form. Nice and easy, oh, and here is a Dx Leopard! Try that out!

I would tell my past self not to waste one minute on that 150g aviar. Or hell, any aviar for that matter.

thats funny, cause it was my first disc, i played with it for a while cause it was infamous, then when i found out what discs are, i realized it was a 150 and not good for the windy days hehe, that disc killed me

i do wish i woulda stuck with throwing a putter longer, i just wish i had a better putter to start with

i checked it out online quickly and caught on quick, so if i had the ability to talk to my younger self, i think i'd recommend a set of discs, and tell myself to stick with putters till they go over 250 flat, then get the mids to 330, but then maybe i wouldn't like the same drivers i have now...
:doh:
i think i'd be able to have the distance easily with correct form, i can get the mids over the 330 mark, but not with great form, and i think throwing the wrong drivers is what hurt me the most, but for still bein my first year, and not really playing with anyone with good form, i think i've done pretty good
even if i was told bout field practice... i'm pretty much just gonna play the course... maybe next year i'll "practice" but throwin a few extra tee shots is about as much practice as i did this year
if i had the money, a practice basket for putting would still take 8 strokes off if i could make putts from 14-30ft my approach is natural so far... but i struggle with putting

ditto except heres a champ panther. oh and dont buy so much crap:doh:

Thankfully our courses here are pretty much one disc courses. So that's helped me keep my buying down. ...sorta! ;)

ehh,,, buyin discs i cant throw led me to here, for trading, its been worth the ride, i liked buyin discs when i had the money for it, stores dont stock much round here and i have ordered most of mine, and traded some also, but the discs i like, in the plastic i like, color, etc i've had to get online... so buyin was trial and error, probably coulda saved some money, but i've enjoyed the research process while it lasted

put down the wraith and get a buzzz. and check out DGR.

Fewer discs....and considering the course that I learned on, I'd probably tell myself to only throw mids...brings back memories of that old MRV....

I would say, quit throwing it backhand you idiot and you'll enjoy the game more. I'd also say - stay with it since I had about a five year gap between my first round and my second. Then I'd say, "keep playing and work hard young padawan and diamond TR status will be in your sights!" Then watch the reaction from a younger me that has obviously thought I've gone crazy.

Oh, I may also tell him to get his PDGA membership, since it was way cheaper back then, and I'd have a sweet low number.

Finally, I say bet big on Giants over the Patriots in Super Bowl XLIII, and maybe add a powerball number in too for good measure. :)

Spend that couple of thousand dollars on a mountain bike instead of discs, bags and baskets. You'll thank me when you see the chicks that ride the trails at the park!

Putt Putt Putt.........buy a basket and putt like hell all the time. If you can hit the 20 footer everytime rather than half the time. You can shave sometimes 10 strokes off a round. If a beginner adds up the # of 15-25 footers he misses in a round...he will soon realize how much those strokes add up.

i would say " dont play catch with discs at the beach, they dont float!"

go ahead and cock your wrist and send that thing to the moon. somewhere I was told not to break my wrist over too much. I've since added 50 feet just curling my wrist a bit more on hyzer flips.

- understanding the pivot point will make your releases less random

- there's nothing wrong with base plastics, and for some discs the premium versions are pointless

- throw putters and mids from the tee whenever you can

- You'll feel a lot better about having that disc go the 250 feet you intended it to go on a pretty flight than you will about this one going 320 random feet really fast into the reeds/bushes/brambles

- don't correct form based on where the disc ended up, correct it based on how it felt

- play more rounds without keeping score, it's not important at this point

Basically I would tell myself to buy more than just one disc...a fairway driver and use it for everything..use discs for their intended purposes lol. (i was kinda a cheapskate) but then again I didn't know if I would like it as much as I have grown to.

(new to these forums hi all)

-EF

Basically I would tell myself to buy more than just one disc...a fairway driver and use it for everything..use discs for their intended purposes lol. (i was kinda a cheapskate) but then again I didn't know if I would like it as much as I have grown to.

(new to these forums hi all)

-EF

Welcome, you are among friends.

Back to thread topic: Find a putter you like first and STICK WITH IT YOU MORON! Buying a hundred different drivers can wait.

Latest posts