• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy KLM. A nice, relaxing course that is a pretty good fit for my skill level.

what do you guys think about the new Katherine Legge Memorial course?

I've played the course a bunch since it's been put in and I think it's a quality course! As soon as they get concrete tees there it'll be even better. Also, I think they dumped river mud all over out there to possibly help the grass. The place stinks!

I have no idea if anyone has posted about this yet (theres a lot of pages to look through) but what do you guys think about the new Katherine Legge Memorial course? I think it's decent for the park they had to work with.

Yeah, KLM is a nice addition to the area. I wouldn't want to play it with the dog walkers out and about, but otherwise very solid. I really liked hole 17.

How's the new layout?

It's ok, I kind of liked the old layout better, but I have a homeboy bias. It will be a lot safer than the old layout, but there will still be a few issues, like hole 4 an anhyzer up the hill that used to be 3's fairway if you hyzer out you could hit 5's tee. I kind of wish they would have spent more time putting the layout together. I am hoping that it will be a little better from the long tees, or maybe I just need to play it a few more times.

The new Red Fox layout is better than it was. The concrete tees are nice too. It's not great but much better than it was. The long tees add quite a bit of difficulty. Currently they are almost unplayable. They stacked up 4-6 inches of mulch to throw from. I threw from behind on some of them where it was possible.

I'm not sure what constraints the designer had. I feel the Red Fox could have been just as good as the front 9 on the Silver Fox.

The new Red Fox layout is better than it was. The concrete tees are nice too. It's not great but much better than it was. The long tees add quite a bit of difficulty. Currently they are almost unplayable. They stacked up 4-6 inches of mulch to throw from. I threw from behind on some of them where it was possible.

I'm not sure what constraints the designer had. I feel the Red Fox could have been just as good as the front 9 on the Silver Fox.

I don't believe the long locations have been finalized, the guys from the park are waiting on some feedback from the locals.

From what I have heard the design had to be "family friendly." Also, they didn't want to go too close to the river, as it is a flood will make at least 3 holes unplayable.

I was a little disappointed with the shorts, but I really think the course will be fun from the longs once they get concrete tees. Even with the crappy tees I enjoyed it.

I really like the idea of having a rec 9 hole in a park to go along with a more advanced 18 hole layout.

I really like the idea of having a rec 9 hole in a park to go along with a more advanced 18 hole layout.

Plus the rec 9 is also getting a set of long tees that are pretty long, up to 490 feet. As of right now the longs have an estimated length of 3,262 feet.

Having an easy 9 hole course is nice even if you never play it. A lot of beginners will play just the 9 hole course and leave, a few will play the front 9 of the 18. Most of them don't play the back 9(the harder holes.) Mid summer there were days when the 9 hole had groups on every hole but the 18 only had a few groups playing.

I might be up for playing up at grey fox this weekend if anyone is getting a practice round in.

Is there leagues at grey fox on sunday? the course page says there is at 10 and 1. anyone know how crowded that gets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts