• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan Members (Part III)

black bear doubles tourney was a joke last year. Park district ran it and gave everyone a cheap paper plate frisbee. I remember everyone last year looking around at each other like WTF? most people didn't even want them.

Then they did some weird way of picking who won... by what your scores were. So some people that shot really bad ended up getting $ while others got screwed.

I like that course, but that was a strange "tourney"

Hopefully they have someone else running it this year.

Anyone gonna play the doubles tourney at black bear sept 14th? Also I'm starting to sell discs that I bought that I don't like or can't find a spot in my bag for. Let me know if your looking for anything.

Ps my buddy lost my proto F3 in the swamp on hole 11 at black bear sunday

Ill probably do that. Although if they dont change the format this time then i wont. i lost about 60 dollars last year because the did the flight structure and we took second. Someone who shot 5 strokes worse got more money then me and my partner. As for your disc. im sure there are plenty in that diseased infested pond/swamp/marsh

Now I'm curious about how they picked winners at the Black Bear Dubs tourney. Care to shed more info? Who ran it?

Not sure if they still run it this way, but this is how I explained it to a guy about a year and a half ago.

The payouts are kinda odd too. Everyone plays in the same division. After the round is over and they have all the scores, THEN they will break it up into divisions. Top 2 in every division get money.

So let's say 21 teams show up. Everyone plays 1 round. At the end they split everyone up into 3 divisions. The top 7 teams are division A. Next 7 are B. Final 7 are C.

1st and 2nd get money. 8th and 9th get money. 15th and 16th get money.

Unless you are sure you can place top 2 overall, landing in the money is kinda random.

If you get 3rd overall, you don't get a dime. You would have been better off screwing up a bunch and winning the B or C division. But, since there is only one round and the scores aren't known until it's over...

I found a Wizard at Summit, the e-mail address on there was quite humorous but also invalid. Hit me up if it's yours!

Sounds like a sand baggers dream

Actually, no. There is no sandbagging by those rules. They divide you into divisions AFTER the scores come in. So you don't pick your division, your score does. Basically random luck decides who gets paid out aside from the top 2 overall scores.

Actually, no. There is no sandbagging by those rules. They divide you into divisions AFTER the scores come in. So you don't pick your division, your score does. Basically random luck decides who gets paid out aside from the top 2 overall scores.

I thought he said your first round determines your division. So I was saying if you just played the first round bad and went into the bad division then turned your game the second round you would be good. But I guess that's not how it goes.

its a really goofy flight system i think. this style of splitting divisions up based on first round score was brought up in the pDGA a couple years back....way too complicated. and yes it is easy to bag in this style of event. just play moderate your first round, hopefully sneak into a weak flight and then dominate the second round.

Pretty sure they didn't do any re-seeding of any kind. You played, they broke it into thirds, you got paid. Absolutely random and not at all based on peformance; unless you won outright or were below the bottom 1/3 of the scores.

I thought he said your first round determines your division. So I was saying if you just played the first round bad and went into the bad division then turned your game the second round you would be good. But I guess that's not how it goes.

There is no second round. 1 round event.

Pretty sure they didn't do any re-seeding of any kind. You played, they broke it into thirds, you got paid. Absolutely random and not at all based on peformance; unless you won outright or were below the bottom 1/3 of the scores.

Bingo

Latest posts