• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the glow location is negotiable, lets get everyones top 3 in the joliet area, course with most points wins (1st will get 3 pts, 2nd will get 2, 3rd will 1)

also, if you'd be down to carpool I'd love to go, I'll throw down for gas. :thmbup:

Trinity is my vote, but that is only because it is the only course that I know. I guess channy second and shore wood third. But that is assuming that I go, with the weather forecast I am not sure that I will go

Well guys, Trinity has it based on points, so we're planning on starting glow at 8:30-8:45ish, but I'll be there around 7 if anyone wants to shoot a lit round, I'm also gonna hit up west park and maybe a few others earlier in the day.

I doubt I will make it, the forecast isn't looking too promising and I don't want to waste the gas if I can't play

Marengo IL
Baskets are in the ground! and the pro pads are marked out. course is playable but please keep in mind it is still in rough shape and theres lots more work left.

Things to come:
Cement pads are planned for the end of summer. John and Fred want to make sure that the Red (Am) and White (Pro) tees play they way they intended. so the dirt pads may get tweaked here and there.
Tee Signs are in the finishing touches, just waiting for the official decision on tee pads. they are really nice!!!
Mulch in the woods and paths. after clearing alot of undergrowth sprung up. if its on the fairway, feel free to rip it out of the ground. fairways are lined with logs and branches.
There are still branches that will be getting trimmed out. it will be very selective and happen as the designers play the holes. so please do not rip down branches on the trees. the undergrowth is ok to clear.
A few paths from pin to next tee need to be finished and bridges added across the creek.
Concerning the thorns, if you feel like ripping them out go for it. everyone hates'em, just once again remember to be respectful and dont do it in the open areas.
Possibility for more holes. It may be possible to get 24-27 holes eventually there. Alot is going to depend on the communities acceptance on the way disc golfers act. so dont litter and act like an adult. there are alot of little kids near the pool and youth sport fields. and be respectful of the areas that come close to the private properties. this is a really stellar park thats has the potential to be something really special.

played Naperville and compton today was pretty fun until I lost my new star mako ( that i bought 2day ) in a tree on #9 at Compton... was wondering if anybody would have one that they would be will to sell or trade

Marengo IL
Baskets are in the ground! and the pro pads are marked out. course is playable but please keep in mind it is still in rough shape and theres lots more work left.

Things to come:
Cement pads are planned for the end of summer. John and Fred want to make sure that the Red (Am) and White (Pro) tees play they way they intended. so the dirt pads may get tweaked here and there.
Tee Signs are in the finishing touches, just waiting for the official decision on tee pads. they are really nice!!!
Mulch in the woods and paths. after clearing alot of undergrowth sprung up. if its on the fairway, feel free to rip it out of the ground. fairways are lined with logs and branches.
There are still branches that will be getting trimmed out. it will be very selective and happen as the designers play the holes. so please do not rip down branches on the trees. the undergrowth is ok to clear.
A few paths from pin to next tee need to be finished and bridges added across the creek.
Concerning the thorns, if you feel like ripping them out go for it. everyone hates'em, just once again remember to be respectful and dont do it in the open areas.
Possibility for more holes. It may be possible to get 24-27 holes eventually there. Alot is going to depend on the communities acceptance on the way disc golfers act. so dont litter and act like an adult. there are alot of little kids near the pool and youth sport fields. and be respectful of the areas that come close to the private properties. this is a really stellar park thats has the potential to be something really special.

So is there any singage at all like a map yet? Is it easy to figure out where to go for the next hole? Is it muddy or swampy anywhere with all the rain we have been haveing? I'm thinking about checking it out tomarrow. Would you wan't to meet me for a round?

So is there any singage at all like a map yet? Is it easy to figure out where to go for the next hole? Is it muddy or swampy anywhere with all the rain we have been haveing? I'm thinking about checking it out tomarrow. Would you wan't to meet me for a round?

forgot to ask if the course is listed here on dgcr and Where exactly its at.

i listed it yesterday. real close to 20 and 23. i was gonna spend all day out there today but now.... i may or may not be there 2mrw morning or afternoon. no signs yet, prolly in the next week or two. tee's have to be finalized before the signs can get finished. and john is will be working on getting direction signs installed this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts