• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Did you know GUTS was invented in the U.P.? I've always imagined it happened like this:

Yooper One: So's, whatcha think we oughta to do today, eh?

Yooper Two: I dunno. It's too hot to go ice fishin', don't cha know?

Yooper One: Ooh, ya. So's, what do ya do with this here thing, eh?

Yooper Two: That? That's a Frisbee, don't cha know? You play catch with it.

Yooper One: Ooh, ya, ya. So's, how's about we go down dere to the park dere and you can show me how dis here Frisbee works, eh?

Yooper Two: Ya, we can do dat dere. Hey, we can stop down at the liquor store dere and get some beers on the way, eh?

Yooper One: Ooh, ya, ya. Ya, know...instead of catch, we can just throw dis here Frisbee at each other as hard as we can and try to knock each other's dicks off, eh?

Yooper Two: Ooh, ya. Were gonna have to stand real close to each other so's we can still hit each other after we get ****faced, eh?

Yooper One: Ooh, ya. Ya betcha.

Sounds about right. What a ridiculous game...

Did you know GUTS was invented in the U.P.? I've always imagined it happened like this:

Yooper One: Ooh, ya, ya. So's, how's about we go down dere to the park dere and you can show me how dis here Frisbee works, eh?

Yooper Two: Ya, we can do dat dere. Hey, we can stop down at the liquor store dere and get some beers on the way, eh?

Yooper One: Ooh, ya, ya. Ya, know...instead of catch, we can just throw dis here Frisbee at each other as hard as we can and try to knock each other's dicks off, eh?

Yooper Two: Ooh, ya. Were gonna have to stand real close to each other so's we can still hit each other after we get ****faced, eh?

Last edited:
Sounds about right. What a ridiculous game...
OK, first you tell me I'm not welcome in "Illianasconsinigan" and THEN you make fun of the only good thing to come out of my home region besides the pasty. I think somebody needs to say ya to da U.P., eh?

Hah, I didn't know you were from the UP originally, we could probably make an exception for you next time you're in town. I still think guts is a ridiculous game, fun perhaps, but ridiculous nonetheless.

GUTS...don't get it

anyway, great rounds today all... wolf is a great way to play and is by far one of the most fun variants I've done yet.

for those that don't know of it it goes something like this:
-Wolf is a variant of skins
-select an order of the players
-1st player to throw is the wolf
-that player (if the first throw is really good) can call 'lone wolf'
-if they call 'lone wolf' then the remaining players team up against the wolf
-if 'lone wolf' wins outright then they get double points
-if the first thrower doesn't call wolf then they get to watch the other throwers take their turns
-if after any one of the throwers throws well then the 'wolf' (first thrower) may call that player their team mate for the hole and the other players join up against 'team wolf' and form 'team sheep'
-if either team wins the hole then they get the points
-if its even then the points roll over to the next hole
-on the next hole the 2nd player in the order becomes the first thrower and the same rules above apply
-the first hole is for one point... if the first player calls 'lone wolf' and they win outright against 'team sheep' then they get double points (or 2 points in this case)... if the 'lone wolf' ties or loses the hole then the 'lone wolf' loses double points (in this case they would lose 2 points)
-if the wolf forms a 'team wolf' and team wolf wins then they get the points (in this case 1 point each).. if 'team sheep' wins the hole then they all get the points (in this case 1 point each)
-if neither team wins the hole then the points rollover and the next hole increments by 1 point... this keeps incrementing per hole if neither team wins

playing wolf offers the best of doubles and singles by taking advantage of partner golf (your partner can save you from bad shots) and every player can have different scores depending on the team they wind up a part of on each hole. Wolf works especially well when you want to play doubles but have an odd number of players... this way you don't need to have a 'cali' player.

No idea, I can't find a website or online registration. There's a td phone number on the pdga tournament page, I might call that in the next couple days if nothing shows up.

I heard about that. One of the locals here plays on a guts team. They even went to Japan for a tournament a couple years ago. Ya frisbee!

I think we should game of guts goin at our next meetup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts