• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2

Where do you throw a roller at Clark's Run?

I don't throw a roller, but it's just a flippy enough disc, I throw it on a decent hyzer backhand down the right gap on 8 and it flips all the way over and turns down the fairway.

Other places it gets thrown for air shots include Loriella 6 L2L and Loriella 16 L2L I believe

I don't throw a roller, but it's just a flippy enough disc, I throw it on a decent hyzer backhand down the right gap on 8 and it flips all the way over and turns down the fairway.

Gotcha. I miss having a beat-up G* Roadrunner for the same throw on that hole.

ODCC this weekend at Raptor's Roost, I'm repping Apple Valley and so excited. This and WVO were the events I kept AM status for, and I pooped the bed at WVO, there is just this left.
Bag is similar to what I threw at Franklin, except I'm gonna make sure I bring the correct Comet and the roller F2 is going in.
Breaker
Stego
3x PA3
2x PA4
Comet
M2
MX-3
F2 roller
F3
2xF1
Firebird
Z Pred (moving forward I'm going to evaluate if I need this or I'm just being stubborn at not throwing the FB backhand)
Trident
3x D1
2x Destroyers

ODCC marks the end of my tournament year. While AV didn't quite win it all, and because of a mix-up I only played the first two rounds Saturday, I had a ball this past weekend.

I don't remember if I had set any goals this year but noteworthy accomplishments would be
1. first 1k round at Loriella and then two at WVO
2. broke 950 rated and briefly touched 960
3. putting inside the circle drastically improved and I've finally nailed down a style I like
4. I mentioned this previously, but putting on weight/muscle (gained almost 20 lbs this year)
5. Would have cashed at Loriella Pro day and WVO, but declined

ODCC marks the end of my tournament year. While AV didn't quite win it all, and because of a mix-up I only played the first two rounds Saturday, I had a ball this past weekend.

I don't remember if I had set any goals this year but noteworthy accomplishments would be
1. first 1k round at Loriella and then two at WVO
2. broke 950 rated and briefly touched 960
3. putting inside the circle drastically improved and I've finally nailed down a style I like
4. I mentioned this previously, but putting on weight/muscle (gained almost 20 lbs this year)
5. Would have cashed at Loriella Pro day and WVO, but declined

Sounds like a good year! Got any set for the off season?

I'm actually strongly considering hiking the AT next year! So my ITB for that would most likely be a 120g Super Sonic

How many disc golf courses are within easy walking distance of the AT? If you're gonna walk that far, what's a few thousand extra feet? ;)

Or hey, you're in the woods. Make up your own object course down the trail . . . :clap:

Played 27 from the white at Rockness Monster down near Durham. Very pretty course, and a fun track.
Two of the lettered holes were too gimmicky (one had a literal 15' tall basket, the other one the green was surrounded with wire to kinda of copy Hawk Hollow's Corral hole. Also some crossing fairways/close greens to pads would make this course a tournament nightmare.
The rest was great, 8/10 would play again and try the Blues.
2x D1
Firebird
Trident
F1
F3
2x Comet
2x PA4
Breaker
2x PA
I shot an 83

First round in a while - Rockland shorts. I tweaked something in my neck a couple weeks ago and it's still lingering, shot a 61, which is not great. I threw in/long putted three from like 50'+ but also missed 5 inside the circle putts. It was a peak off-season round in that way.

4 Wraiths
Furrburd
2x F1
F3
F2
MX 3
M2
Comet
3x PA4
Breaker
Stego
3x PA3
I forgot my trident while packing my bag and sorely missed it.

Shoulder hurts for backhand so I played a round at Giles with only 2 backhands, went ok. Things I actually threw
3 Wraiths
F1
F3
roller F2
Comet
M2 (backhand 1)
Breaker
750 PA4
350g PA4 (backhand 2)
putting with PA3s

Another round at rockland shorts, shoulder behaved so I shot a 57, really blew it by taking back to back 5's on 15 and 16.
3 Wraiths
Trident
Furrburr
MX-3
F1
F3
F5
Comet
Breaker
Stego
2x PA4
PA3 puttin

Played Clarkes with just an Ultrastar again, I think I shot +21
I had a bad skip to a 25' missed putt on a very doable 5 on hole 8, which would have been amazing, but alas.
Also not during the round but after, I cleared the pond on my third or fourth try.

Played Clarkes with just an Ultrastar again, I think I shot +21
. . . Also not during the round but after, I cleared the pond on my third or fourth try.

Nothing wrong with +21 with an Ultrastar at Clark's Run. I may not admit it, but I have probably done worse with my full bag. ;)

And getting an Ultrastar across the pond is impressive, however many throws it took. I have seen videos of lots of Ultrastars thrown by big-arm folk going sploosh. :D

Did you play the alt tee on the pond hole during your round?

Nothing wrong with +21 with an Ultrastar at Clark's Run. I may not admit it, but I have probably done worse with my full bag. ;)

And getting an Ultrastar across the pond is impressive, however many throws it took. I have seen videos of lots of Ultrastars thrown by big-arm folk going sploosh. :D

Did you play the alt tee on the pond hole during your round?

Yeah we didn't play the long tee during the round this time cause it's kind of pointless. It took me 3-4 tries and a good wind and Taylor like 30 tries to barely clear it. My first throw got too much height and turn and landed almost dead center in the water.

Nice- I didn't think any of you would make it. Did Taylor win the event? (He didn't win the Ultrastar portion of the event at Raptor's but we were playing a bunch of easily reachable holes.)

He did! He shot a 73, someone else shot a 75.

Putting with an Ultrastar is the hardest part by far.

Latest posts