• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2

Trying to get my game together before WVO next weekend
18 at Spilman on Monday
3x PA3
1 Breaker
2x PA4
2x MX3
2x Comet
2x Trident

18 at Jenkins Mtn (sorting out drivers)
1 Destroyer (will make the bag)
1 Force (will not)
4 D1s (3 will make it)
Pred
Firebird
Trident
F1
F3
MX3
M2
Comet
2x PA4
Breaker
Stego
3x PA3

18 at Rockland, man it's weird how clear some areas of it are getting. I definitely had some avenues to scramble that previously were not there. Also 2'd 18 for the first time. I've had a look at it a couple times but always botched the putt. I should have 3'd 7 after a great comet patent pending shot, but missed the 25'.
3|3|3|4|3|2|4|2|2|3|4|3|3|4|4|4|2|2
This will be the WVO bag:
Destroyer
3x D1
Predator
Firebird
Trident
F1
F3
F2 (funnily enough the super flippy trickshot/roller disc)
Comet
M2
MX3
3x PA4
Breaker
Stego
3x PA3

what made you choose the destroyer over the force? I recently went the opposite.

They're both equally overstable, so they're my bookend drivers. I traded for this pink bottom stamp Destroyer that I had been begging my friend to give me for like a year. I threw them both as hard as I could off the same tee on saturday, and accidentally put hyzer on the Destroyer and it went farther than the Force thrown flat. I will say the Force feels a lot better in the hand, and if I lose my couple Destros I would use one as a bookend.

Group pic before WVO
4VXUtf3.jpg

I played real bad last weekend, vying for redemption this weekend. Same bag

Yeah that 90% humidity combine with muddy tee pads threw me off slightly. It took me a little while to slow down and adjust. Ugh I'm over August.

Have fun this weekend. It should be beautiful weather.

Yeah that 90% humidity combine with muddy tee pads threw me off slightly. It took me a little while to slow down and adjust. Ugh I'm over August.

Have fun this weekend. It should be beautiful weather.

I didn't think it was too hot honestly. I think my issue was just sleep deprivation, I didn't sleep well the week leading up to that weekend and then it was too hot to sleep either night. It's hard to focus and visualize enough to hit those tight WVA lines when you're exhausted. Trying to sleep better this week haha.

This weekend was the polar opposite of last weekend. Came out firing on all cylinders Saturday to go
60 - 1002 rated at woodshed
59 - 1019 rated at whippin post
Of course any rounds that good had a little luck involved (Had two putts go in off the top nubs, a couple throw ins from ~100') but outside of luck I was hitting lines all day and cashed like 5 or 6 circle two putts, the basket felt massive. Really a magical feeling to string those two rounds together.
Sunday was I scratching around a good -1 round and then lost my head on the final hole 18. Went OB drive, 2x pitch up, hit a tree 5' away, missed a 15' putt for an 8 to torpedo that round. Sour note to end the weekend rounds, but I know how I want to play 18 moving forward forever, and it's not that way.
Declined cash - playing Loco Open at the end of the month and then ODCC in October.

Thanks every on here for the good vibes, missed you there this year FLuke, you could have watched Apple Valley lose their minds screaming for their boy Nate.

...Thanks every on here for the good vibes, missed you there this year FLuke, you could have watched Apple Valley lose their minds screaming for their boy Nate.
I was thrilled to see Nate take the win. He's a great golfer and great dude.

I was really pulling for you after I saw you tied for the lead after the 5th hole of round 3. Walking down Hammer and Cody is awesome.

If you haven't played the Monster at Limestone Ledges I'd love to give you the tour. It's the best course within an hour from here.

I was thrilled to see Nate take the win. He's a great golfer and great dude.

I was really pulling for you after I saw you tied for the lead after the 5th hole of round 3. Walking down Hammer and Cody is awesome.

If you haven't played the Monster at Limestone Ledges I'd love to give you the tour. It's the best course within an hour from here.

Oh my god I didn't even know I was tied haha. It was so weird, I had basically no nerves on Sunday, and I feel like I play way better with nerves.
I do really need to get down to the new courses down there soon.

Played Iron Hill longs for the first time with a friend on Saturday. Loved it, I will say the fairways are a lot more open than they appear on camera. I shot a 71, which seems pretty good for my first time there.
Seppo's Eagle on 17 is just incredible, it's sneakily uphill, I got two full flights out of drivers and went 590'
What I carried and threw
3x D1
Trident
2x F1 (The 750 F1 I've been bagging for 2 years finally has a little bit of flip to it)
F3
F2 (roller)
MX-3
M2
2x Comet
Breaker
3x PA4
2x PA3
Stego
Supersonic

Tag match at Sherando, came in with the 7 I've been squatting on for half the year, came in 6th and walked out with the 24. Zac called it street justice. My forehands were bad.
Discs I threw
PA3
Stego
Breaker
3x PA4
Comet
M2
Trident
Pred
F3
2x D1

Ouch. How did you like Limestone?

I have mixed feelings on it so far.

Pros
I love the ambition, and the scaling difficulty. I think it has a lot of interesting shots, and they did a great job cleaning the whole park up. It is definitely the hardest course in AV now if you play one of the Monster layouts.

Cons
I think the layout is a little confusing and it's going to require a lot of signage, my friend and I were trying to play Monster B and played the A basket on hole 1, and accidentally played to hole 8's basket from hole 16. I think it has to do with the fact that they did such a good job cleaning it up, it's hard to see fairways, if that makes sense. It can also be overwhelming how many baskets there are, though the flag system helps.

LoCo Open,
Shot pretty much my rating through three rounds. Honestly not that mad about +2, +1 at Clark's run because I think it's the first time I've kept it below 70 in a rated round on that course. Franklin was a mixed bag, played decently in control, and then went and lost my marbles on 3 and 11 and took triples on both of those to end at +3... I gotta be better at stopping the bleeding haha. Also I gotta stop blowing up on the final hole of a tournament...
Core bag
Breaker
Stego
3x PA3
3x PA4
Comet
M2
MX-3
F3
F1
Firebird
Trident