• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

In the bag and various thoughts of a middling MA2

On a whim I ordered some stuff.
Got another PA4 for fieldwork from Soup on here

and then from GGGT I grabbed

an X-out 400 M1 I've been curious to try for like $6
they had a sale on SP Breakers for like $8 so I got a back-up since I lost my ProLine
and then I splurged and bought a full price swirly Comet
I got a friend of mine a Comet for discmas and watching him carve up some lines with it, and how dope it looked made me want one, so I'm gonna try it out. My beat base M2s fly super well but for a turnover you have to throw it on a bunch of hyzer and I want to see if the comet is a bit more telepathic. M1 I'm excited to try and see how that flies fresh and how it works in over time.

On a whim I ordered some stuff.
Got another PA4 for fieldwork from Soup on here

and then from GGGT I grabbed

an X-out 400 M1 I've been curious to try for like $6
they had a sale on SP Breakers for like $8 so I got a back-up since I lost my ProLine
and then I splurged and bought a full price swirly Comet
I got a friend of mine a Comet for discmas and watching him carve up some lines with it, and how dope it looked made me want one, so I'm gonna try it out. My beat base M2s fly super well but for a turnover you have to throw it on a bunch of hyzer and I want to see if the comet is a bit more telepathic. M1 I'm excited to try and see how that flies fresh and how it works in over time.

Once you decide the comet feels weird in your hand you can replace it with an M4.

Once you decide the comet feels weird in your hand you can replace it with an M4.

I actually also eyed an M4, if you have one sitting around I'd like to try one sometime. Another friend of mine has one and really enjoys it.

I've thrown a comet before and I thought the handfeel was fine. The thing that was weird about the previous comet was it was Z and it seemed like no matter how I threw it, it only went straight, would come out of an anny to go straight and pop up off a hyzer to go straight. I'm hoping this one is more workable.

Tomorrow is a NoVa monthly, I'm not a member but I'm itching to get a round in. Weather should be not good, will be 26 holes at Burke. Bag is below
1x PD2
3x Wraiths
1x Starfire
1x Firebird
1x Trident
3x F2
1x M1
1x M2
1x Comet
2x Pa4
1x Breaker
1x Stego
2x Mercy

Just got a Comet and an M1 in the mail today. I've never thrown either of them but I will tomorrow, no clue how that's gonna go haha. The plastic on the M1 is a really good run of old 400, feels amazing. Comet might be the worst esp swirl I've seen and it's miles above some of the dirt swirl innova star swirls

oh I also grabbed a backup breaker since I didn't have one.

9EXyqwE.jpg

Well I shot a 69 (nice) at the monthly, through 24 holes, 18 Burke short short and 6 field holes. I actually ended up 2nd in Silver and 5ish? shots off the hot round overall.

I think I'm gonna iron my mid setup moving forward to Comet, M2, M1. Comet is a joy to throw, it just wants to fly. Even if you slightly overcook the anny it just glides around.

Today, bunch of practice shots at Spilman, then a recorded score of 52 through 18. Also tracked which discs I threw. It's a pretty short course, so I was throwing my PA4 all over the place

Mercy - 25 tosses
400G PA4 - 9
300 PA4 - 2
Breaker - 2
Comet - 1
M2 - 2
M1 - 3
Trident - 5
F2 (flippy 400) - 1
DD - 2 (one 200' spike hyzer, one thumber)

What weight do you like in mids? i will have an M4 for you when we get to start work on "the course which may not be named." :)

I try and stick near max weight generally. I'm not trying to set any distance records with mids, and need the extra weight for when I'm having an off day and mids come out all wonky.

Let me know if you need me to bring any tools to a work day. I can borrow things like chainsaws, axes, digging bar, shovel, etc.

Loco Ice Bowl tomorrow at Franklin, which is a long course (4468 ft. – 8097 ft.) depending on tee placements. Of which I have no clue which layout we'll be doing.
Bag
dskPUJN.jpg

1x PD2
4x Wraith
1x Starfire
1x Firebird
1x Trident
1x F1
2x F2
1x M1
1x M2
1x Comet
2x PA4
1x Breaker
1x Stego

1x PD2
4x Wraith
1x Starfire
1x Firebird
1x Trident
1x F1
2x F2
1x M1
1x M2
1x Comet
2x PA4
1x Breaker
1x Stego[/QUOTE]

Just read your whole thread. Interesting journey - from one Breaker fan to another, thanks for sharing your experiences & congrats on not being stuck in single brand, fan boy mode.

Weird 19 hole layout at Franklin today, shot a 62 for the ice bowl, which put me middle of the pack silver. I left a lot of strokes on the putting green, a lot.

Then since I didn't buy any raffle tickets, I played a short second round by myself same layout, as on pace for another 62, but went OB final hole, ended up with a 65. And I left my Metal Flake Wraith in a field somewhere :wall: Pretty frustrating as it was by far my most stable wraith, could rip it flat and trust it without losing much distance. Neither that pop-top DD nor the PD2 is as workable with a good fade, nor go as far for me... Hopefully someone will call/text me about it

Losing that MF wraith and having all my star ones turn just a bit too much in the wind has made me want to branch out into a slightly more OS driver cycle. I like speed 11 rims, but I think I can get over it since the majority of popular drivers are ~2.3 (Force, Destro, Scorp, PD2, DD3, Enforcer, Giant etc) I don't think the DD is gonna be the answer since it just starts off SO overstable. But I'm gonna keep diligently beating in that one from Discerdoo cause I'm curious. I have a couple D2's but they're about as flippy as my wraith. I like my PD2, but it's C line and will take my lifetime to beat in.
I was thinking about trying probably all around 165-170
D1 - in 400 and 400G maybe 750G
D2 - see if I can grab more stable ones to compliment my flippy 750Gs and 400G
Force - esps apparently beat into magic? Swirly ESP looks amazing.

Any suggestions?

You can get DDs in P-Line on Infinite Discs, which should beat in faster. PD has alot of plastic options including D-Line and MF, which should provide a wide range of stabilities. Sad to see a fellow Wraith thrower contemplating a switch, but I have mulled it over in my head and I think I would go DD.

Losing that MF wraith and having all my star ones turn just a bit too much in the wind has made me want to branch out into a slightly more OS driver cycle. I like speed 11 rims, but I think I can get over it since the majority of popular drivers are ~2.3 (Force, Destro, Scorp, PD2, DD3, Enforcer, Giant etc) I don't think the DD is gonna be the answer since it just starts off SO overstable. But I'm gonna keep diligently beating in that one from Discerdoo cause I'm curious. I have a couple D2's but they're about as flippy as my wraith. I like my PD2, but it's C line and will take my lifetime to beat in.
I was thinking about trying probably all around 165-170
D1 - in 400 and 400G maybe 750G
D2 - see if I can grab more stable ones to compliment my flippy 750Gs and 400G
Force - esps apparently beat into magic? Swirly ESP looks amazing.

Any suggestions?

Also, there are some color glow champ Wraiths up on infinite, they tend to be OS.

Last edited:
You might look at an MVP Photon since you aren't a brand loyalist. I mess around with a 168g plasma occasionally for headwinds and FH flex shots, definitely OS but seems more workable and longer than that DD I sent your way. If you're throwing in the 400' range it would probably be a pretty sweet distance driver.

Mine is board flat so that might deter you. Neutron and proton are likely more OS as well. Infinite shows it as 2.2 cm rim width and same flight numbers as a Destroyer. MVP discs are relatively consistent in my experience, just don't get a domey fission Photon.

Speaking of Destroyers, you obviously might give them or a Scorpius a try if you're throwing 400ish.

I also think a Photon out of the box is potentially what you're looking for. 21.5mm rim, really comfortable. Just barely a hint of turn for me at around the 350 power range, so at your arm speed it may be perfect. The only negative is that MVP discs seem to take a loooong time to beat in so they don't really lend themselves to starting a cycle, which you said you want to do. But it could be a good complement to your Star Wraiths.

If you end up going up to a slightly larger rim, then personally I've found the Enforcer "feels" smaller than it's listed rim width. It may be a natural fit for you. Enforcers have better cycling potential than Photons, since you can pick up an Enforcer in Biofuzion and beat it in fairly quick. Then pair it with a Lucid that will hold its stability longer but still eventually cycle. If you want some no-kidding-not-even-turning-over-in-a-hurricane stability, then grab one of those tour series Lucid-X Enforcers. They're more beef than I can handle, but between Lucid-X, Lucid, and Biofuzion you can have three Enforcers with three distinctly different stabilities within only a couple months of bagging them.

You might look at an MVP Photon since you aren't a brand loyalist. I mess around with a 168g plasma occasionally for headwinds and FH flex shots, definitely OS but seems more workable and longer than that DD I sent your way. If you're throwing in the 400' range it would probably be a pretty sweet distance driver.

Mine is board flat so that might deter you. Neutron and proton are likely more OS as well. Infinite shows it as 2.2 cm rim width and same flight numbers as a Destroyer. MVP discs are relatively consistent in my experience, just don't get a domey fission Photon.

Speaking of Destroyers, you obviously might give them or a Scorpius a try if you're throwing 400ish.

I've thrown a photon a friend of mine has, a faesorbeam. Flew pretty nice, popped up from a little baby hyzer, and has a nice controlled dome. They've also definitely worked on the grippiness of their plastics over the last couple years. I've also heard the Defy starts out as a more OS photon.
My only brand based thing is 400s is probably my favorite plastic type feel wise. I might see if a local guy will trade me a couple D1's for this m3/m2 first run I have sitting around since he throws them.
I have nowhere near me to buy discs in person, and destroyers vary so much it's hard to justify grabbing a bunch online.

I do have one enforcer, and it feels nice, I think the Giant is a little more comfortable though, if I wanted to trilogy.

I guess for the sake of knowledge I'm piping star wraiths out to 420ish consistently with the occasional longer bomb as Sidwinder smooths out my form.

The X series from Prodigy is nice.

I started this journey with a bunch of X2s and really liked how they flew, but I don't like the shallower depth. If they made like a set that had the depth of the D series and rim width of the X series that'd be a big winner

18 from shorts at Rockland, Luke got me by one stroke - 61; I managed to keep it to just one blow-up hole which is nice.
Let's see if I can remember what I actually threw.
D1
D2
Firebird
Trident
F1
F2 - stable
F2 - flippy
M1
M2
Comet
Breaker
Pa4 - 400g
Pa4 - 300

Accidentally forgot to put a starfire in and it bit me on hole 2, where I usually like to drive one into the hill. The reason I was thinking of D1's earlier driver wise is because I can do what I did Wednesday, which is use a M3/2 first run rare-ish disc I have as trade bait to a local good player/ good person Sam, who offered me 4 D1s, 3 pop tops, which fly pretty nice, and one flat top, which is an absolute hoss.
I also have a couple flippy D2's sitting around, which bomb, but definitely require more speed than wraiths and can be a bit trickier. Might try some maximum mold confusion and try out things by bagging a D1/D2/wraith concurrently.

18 at Giles sholo
2xD1
2xWraith
Starfire
Trident
Firebird
F1
2xF2
M1
M2
Comet
2xPa4
Breaker
Stego Mercy

Domey D1s are fantastic, definitely a solid choice. Shot ok overall, made some big putts, missed some medium range ones.

Anyone have issues with getting blisters on the pads of their fingers? My right index and middle a little lower than the middle of the pad is getting some big blisters, hurts kind of. Taping the pad of my finger works but it isn't ideal.

Gonna be at Spilman tomorrow, practice round for a dubs tourney Saturday followed by a little bit of driver work in the big field.
I definitely like the D1/Wraith combo. So good news Brockness, the wraiths won't be leaving any time soon. DD's are ok, PD2s seem to be a better version though, to me. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Anyway, small bag for Spilman tomorrow, tweaked a bit based off shot tally from previous round
Firebird
Trident
F1
F2 - stable
F2 - flippier
M1
M2
Comet
Stego
Breaker
Pa4 - 400
Pa4 - beat up 300
4x Mercy

My in-round putting is just absolutely awful. So I'm gonna repeat each putt tomorrow 4 times for some good practice hopefully. I really need to find a way to get into a putting rhythm mid-round. Scoring wise I'll just score the first putt.

Field throwing afterwards I'll have
3x pop top D1
1x flat D1
PD2 for comparison
7 * wraith