• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Info On Disc Blacked Out

You could post it in the lost and found section of the local club's website, IF they have one.
However, it sounds to me like you have a disc...

I thought about this but the blacked out info is clearly not a local number, that much I can tell.

It's yours now. I believe the law states that unless the contact info is clearly marked, the ruling in the case of Finders v. Losers is applicable, and since you are the finder you are then, by law, also the keeper and not the Loser and/or weeper.

I believe, legally, if you have abandoned your disc it is someone else's for the taking, regardless of info on the disc. DG karma is why you call the number back and try to return it, and because its the nice thing to do.

Around here it is believed that if your disc is found by or on the fairway you should call on it if possible. But if you had to jump in water to find it, it is yours for the keeping

I'm under the strict belief that if it has a number on it, you call it. If its a blacked out number and you can read it, its better to give that person a call. Maybe they can direct you to the person who they gave it to, or maybe they lost it and someone else picked it up, blacked it out and threw it. Personally, I think that someone who traded a disc and blacked out their info would be honest enough to get it to the rightful owner...thats me believing in the DG community. Don't let me down guys!

I'm under the strict belief that if it has a number on it, you call it. If its a blacked out number and you can read it, its better to give that person a call. Maybe they can direct you to the person who they gave it to, or maybe they lost it and someone else picked it up, blacked it out and threw it. Personally, I think that someone who traded a disc and blacked out their info would be honest enough to get it to the rightful owner...thats me believing in the DG community. Don't let me down guys!

I agree with you MOST of the Disc Golf community are honest people.

Ya you have a new disc. I mean if you could read the info it'd be one thing. But that disc could be anyone's. You could either ask everyone you know/meet if they lost the disc, but you would be doing that for a long long time.

i'm a newbie at this but i'd say keep it in your bag and when you invite a new or first time disc tosser give it up to them.good way to premote the sport.