• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Atlas actual DISCussion thread

I just bought a 177 star atlas. First impression was good, hoping for a champion atlas tho. At full power, it's dead straight. a little hyzer and it holds it, a little anhyzer and it holds it. Less power and it fades out. i plan on pairing it with a mako3 and a roc3. I highly recommend the atlas tho

And I got my atlas out to ~275 yesterday. It seems to be a little faster than other speed5 discs tho

In the winter I pull the Rocs out my bag. Then I bag a couple Roc3s, an Atlas & a Mako3. I only like the Atlas in Champion plastic. It's flies straight for the most part. On a full power rip it does have just a little bit of turn though. Once you get over the "compass"/injection points it's a good mold. It was pretty popular around where I live when it came out but I don't see anywhere near as many people bag them anymore.

I throw a star Atlas 171g. After a year of abuse it's pretty beat. At this stage I hyzerflip it to fly and land dead straight around 250-270 foot which is easily further than my roc3's or shark. It's got a lot of HSS, moreso than than straight mids it's classed with such as a Mako3. I prefer star plastic since every one I've ever seen has been FAF while champion can be flat or super domey. It's also useful in the woods for get out of trouble forehand anny shots. The disc is very predictable and controllable when your throw it on annhyzers.

Very helpful guys. Probably stay away from champ as I'm not a big champ fan. Star sounds good, now to find a good weight/color/color combo.

Has anyone beat a Champion/Star Atlas understable? If so does it season well? I've been thinking about pairing Roc3s with two Atlases (1 straight, 1 understable) for my winter bag. Im hoping a beat Atlas will fly similar to a Champion Mako3. I like messing around with my bag in the winter. I've considered getting an XT Atlas but I much prefer premium plastic.

Has anyone beat a Champion/Star Atlas understable? If so does it season well? I've been thinking about pairing Roc3s with two Atlases (1 straight, 1 understable) for my winter bag. Im hoping a beat Atlas will fly similar to a Champion Mako3. I like messing around with my bag in the winter. I've considered getting an XT Atlas but I much prefer premium plastic.

XT is the way to go if you wanna beat it to US. I carry one that hyzerflips to turnover, and it's a beautiful thing. Stars beat to perfectly straight.

My $0.02... just stay with the Champion (or Star) Mako3. It's more geared for what you're describing (neutral-to-understable, seasons in slowly).